teddy-babes.com

Achievement Unlocked: Zang and Jayna, together ten years!

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Achievement Unlocked: Zang and Jayna, together ten years!

Post by Zang »

Well, what do you know -- this sweet little doll and I have happily stuck together for ten whole years now! Has it really been ten years…?
Quite so, it all adds up; and it's gonna keep on going, too!

Ah, you know, if there's a Teddy Babe Goddess, then She sent me a good one. For sure, my babe Jayna is a long-time snuggle expert; a low-maintenance sexy cutie, and a welcome positive feminine presence in this bachelor's pad. She is an original-size "Jessica" model, and she is my first doll; a constant companion, a silent but comforting partner thru both the easy and the worried times. :lilangel:
Personality-wise, I always imagine her to be the simple, sweet, serene type, with a well-hidden fun (and even daring) side.

I'll start off with a then-and-now, side-by-side comparison photo:
It's the same photographer in the same room, with the same doll in the same pink satin pajamas,
but with a different wig, different lips, different lighting, different camera, and a different bag of photo-tricks:

I believe the pink satin pjs were the first item of clothing I bought for her, so it seemed appropriate to have her wear it once again. You've come a long way, baby!

Also, you'll no doubt notice a variance in Jayna's lip size and shape across a lot of her photos. It's a fact -- the latex material of TB lips will deteriorate for some TB owners; one suspects that the Eighth-Wonder-sourced lips can't hold up to a lot of good kissing. To those affected, what happens is that over time, the latex lip material imperceptibly enlarges, softens, and finally gets rather tacky and gooey. As a result, my babe has had several lip replacements over the years -- something like three or four, in fact.
So, last month, when Jayna's latest set was entering its tacky (terminal) stage, I decided to finally halt this futile cycle and come up with my own permanent solution. Exploring a local Hobby Lobby store, I discovered a set of 5 clear plastic lip molds meant for pouring molten chocolate into, to form edible lip-shaped treats. Cheap, too -- it was only two bucks! This may do nicely.
Jna_plasticlips.jpg
Jna_plasticlips.jpg (197.2 KiB) Viewed 3498 times
In measuring the lip mold, they were a bit too wide and tall, so some all-over trimming with snips and sharp scissors was in order, with a bit of sanding too. I had some red acrylic paint on hand, and painted the inside of the lips, which allows the clear outside surface to keep the gloss it already has. After that, a mouth line was added with a black precision pen, some cotton was placed behind the new lips, and it was all carefully superglued to the face's mouth area (which sadly has accumulated scars from all the necessary lip replacements).
Clearly they are the reddest lips Jayna's ever had, but they do look nice (if a bit cartoonish, but that suits the TB style anyway) and feel very "lippy". Hurray!! No more deteriorating latex!

So, hear ye, hear ye, one and all -- this thread will be a celebration, with notable pics and achievements from years past! :smilecolros:
More to come!

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Achievement Unlocked: Zang and Jayna, together ten years

Post by Cubiko »

Happy anniversary, Zang and Jayna! :thumbs_up:

I see she has aged with grace, being prettier than she was 10 years ago. The question is, have you also aged gracefully? :D

FireMedic117
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by FireMedic117 »

Zang!

What a wonderful post! Thank you for sharing such a touching moment with the rest of us!

Goodness, unlocking a ten year anniversary achievement.....that must be worth at least a million gamerscore points on xbox!!

The photographs came out great! Jayna is so pretty :)

Once again, Congratulations!!!

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

A very big congrats to Zang and Jayna :BIG:

scooter_ca
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by scooter_ca »

Congratulations on this momentous occasion.
Jayna is looking as lovely as she did 10 years ago.
You can tell she's happy.

Thanks,
scooter
With beautiful Daria and Giorgi.
Everything about Daria can be found in her NEW Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=117493
Everything about Giorgi can be found in her Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=96105
Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14626

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

happy anniversary zang and jayna we hope you have a good celebration and may there be many more to come as well.

carly snugglemore and carlys_guy

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

mandos wrote:Happy anniversary, Zang and Jayna! :thumbs_up:

I see she has aged with grace, being prettier than she was 10 years ago. The question is, have you also aged gracefully? :D
Well, I like to think so, but sometimes I still point and laugh at that guy in the bathroom mirror... :lol:

Right on, guys!

Okay -- picture a time ten years ago, back in June 2008: The Doll Forum was different; certainly, the whole love doll scene was greatly different. It was a time before the immense TPE tsunami began. "Lars and the Real Girl" was in theaters the year before, and the year before that, Teddy Babes had made their debut into a somewhat limited, but surely increasing, love-doll market. (In 2008, there were no Teddy Babe Deluxe models yet, only the original 4-foot (~122cm) size, with about 13 different Babes to choose from.)

As for me, I started lurking on TDF in the fall of 2007, keeping Eighth Wonder's pics of the "Jessica" model Teddy Babe on close standby on my computer. Several months passed before the time was right to finally place an order, and after that, it was only seven days from order to delivery. I chose the name "Jayna" as a sexier-sounding version of "Jane", knowing that it would also be an uncommon (special) name too.

(photo from 2010)
And thus, my journey to the Doll Side was complete. Forever will it dominate my destiny!

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

Congratulations! Zang time flys when you are having fun! :whistle: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Congratulations. A decade is something to be proud of
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Slave to the plush
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Slave to the plush »

Congrats man on 10 yrs. As for me and Alexis, I hope we'll last that long. It's different with a Mona model, or maybe it's just Alexis but other than her rages she's a supper partner. Oh I got to go before she sees what I wrote

Mystere

Post by Mystere »

Wow 10 years that's incredible. We should all hope to be so lucky. Congrats!
Akina, my WM 158 cm with head #53
Her arrival: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=267&t=80325

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

Thanks, all! :multi:

Back in 2011, perhaps inspired by the BoyToy series of dolls and their closable eyelids, I got curious about crafting some sort of add-on eyelid suitable for a Teddy Babe. Truth be told, I wasn't the first one with the idea of simulated TB eyelids, but after posting my attempts, the idea caught on fast among fellow TB devotees. As you'd discover from reading thru the thread, simple craft-it-yourself "sleeping" eyelids became THE number-one desirable accessory for lots of Teddy Babes since!

Making a cute doll even cuter...
And with a newer version, in a darker shade with eyelashes attached to each eyelid:
Simple, and effective, yes?

Samurai
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Samurai »

Congrats Zang and Jayna, 10 years is a long time for poor Jayna to put up with you she deserves a medal bless her..... :mrgreen:

Sam.. :glou:

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Congratulations! She's as beautiful as ever! Here's to ten more wonderful years! :glou:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

INFORMATIONS