teddy-babes.com

Cadavra! What a beauty.

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Missionary
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Cadavra! What a beauty.

Post by Missionary »

To TakersRose:
Arachna will mesmerize you. One look into her eyes and you'll be her slave for ever. Maybe it is just me. Sabrina is a hot woman too. You will start comparing real woman to her. Enjoy either, both, or all of them.
Missionary

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

Missionary wrote:To TakersRose:
Arachna will mesmerize you. One look into her eyes and you'll be her slave for ever. Maybe it is just me. Sabrina is a hot woman too. You will start comparing real woman to her. Enjoy either, both, or all of them.
Missionary
The more testimonials I hear about these lovely plush ladies, the more I know that they are for me. I have no doubt that Arachna's eyes are mesmizing, they seem so amazing in just the photos on the website. It doesn't surprise me to hear that I might start comparing a doll to a real woman. :)
Official Doll Accessories Fund = 47.00

Leia Marie - Teddy Bade - Doll Companion
Dyanna Lioncourt - Tonner Carol Barrie Model ~ Alpha Doll
Sarina - Phicen ~Sarina Valentina Body w/Jakks Pacific Paradise Dolls Head~
Cinderella -38" My Size Disney Cinderella Doll "
Belle - 38" My Size Disney Belle Doll

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

I watched "The Nightmare Before Christmas" again and it occurred to me that Sally would be a perfect example of a Teddy Babe come to life.
Although she was stuffed with leaves rather than poly-fill, she was still technically a fabric doll.
And a very cute one at that! :D
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:I watched "The Nightmare Before Christmas" again and it occurred to me that Sally would be a perfect example of a Teddy Babe come to life.
Although she was stuffed with leaves rather than poly-fill, she was still technically a fabric doll.
And a very cute one at that! :D
I think this is why I'm so attracted to Teddy Babes! I've always loved Sally. Her character is so unique and I've always loved dolls. They've always been my friends.

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

She would be fun to do some ink on maybe stitches or some Frankenstein style stuff
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocMoriarty »

TakersRose wrote: It doesn't surprise me to hear that I might start comparing a doll to a real woman. :)
I actually compare real women to dolls or better often judge them by whether they'd make a good doll or not.

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

Juncharted2 wrote:She would be fun to do some ink on maybe stitches or some Frankenstein style stuff
I agree! She'd be beautiful with ink.
DocMoriarty wrote:
TakersRose wrote: It doesn't surprise me to hear that I might start comparing a doll to a real woman. :)
I actually compare real women to dolls or better often judge them by whether they'd make a good doll or not.
I do that too, with people in general. Like, when I'm watching wrestling especially, I'll be thinking about how I could repaint a doll in their likeness.

kehlwr
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by kehlwr »

I too, immediately well in love with Cadavra as soon as I saw her! I was just browsing their website because I had just heard about cloth dolls. They sound so much more like what I am looking for than the TPE variety. But when I saw Cadavra, she reminded me of some characters I was writing for something else and she fits too well. I have always had a fascination with Frankenstein and the undead. I think she is an absolutely amazing concept for a doll.
"I prefer not to define life by silly little human contrivances like 'anatomy' or 'biology' but rather on universal truths like consciousness. My companion has consciousness, even if she has to borrow some of mine, ergo she is alive."

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

kehlwr wrote:I too, immediately well in love with Cadavra as soon as I saw her! I was just browsing their website because I had just heard about cloth dolls. They sound so much more like what I am looking for than the TPE variety. But when I saw Cadavra, she reminded me of some characters I was writing for something else and she fits too well. I have always had a fascination with Frankenstein and the undead. I think she is an absolutely amazing concept for a doll.
I was attracted to Cadavra because I've always had a love for Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. The moment I saw her, I immediately thought about that particular character.

I'm glad you found Teddy Babes, they're amazing looking dolls. I've been looking at them for years and I'm very.....patiently....saving for my doll. I know that when she is finally in my grasp, I will be very happy. I love cloth dolls. I always have.

kehlwr
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by kehlwr »

TakersRose wrote: I was attracted to Cadavra because I've always had a love for Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. The moment I saw her, I immediately thought about that particular character.

I'm glad you found Teddy Babes, they're amazing looking dolls. I've been looking at them for years and I'm very.....patiently....saving for my doll. I know that when she is finally in my grasp, I will be very happy. I love cloth dolls. I always have.

I'll be honest, I have only seen Nightmare Before Christmas once, and it was in my mid 20s. I remember thinking "why did I wait so long to see this movie?" lol. I'm sure I will be rewatching it as I begin my process of picking out a doll. I think there is another movie similar to Nightmare, Corpse Bride? I think it's by the same person, but I'm not sure if they are related.
"I prefer not to define life by silly little human contrivances like 'anatomy' or 'biology' but rather on universal truths like consciousness. My companion has consciousness, even if she has to borrow some of mine, ergo she is alive."

Henry869
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Henry869 »

Cadavara is a great, unique doll! She really suits a Teddy Babe.

I’m actually looking, and I’m torn between Sonya, Cordelia, and, oddly, Sable! Hmmm.
Tori, a Smart Doll Trinity

The Aiko doll sestras... Lizette (82cm) Addison (63cm Elf) Annette (60cm original Aiko) Leena (Aiko bjd) and Rose (wire skeleton Aiko prototype).

Celine (Teddy Babe standard Diana)
———
Hundreds of years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so bafflingly crazy that my ruins become a tourist attraction.

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

kehlwr wrote:
TakersRose wrote: I was attracted to Cadavra because I've always had a love for Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. The moment I saw her, I immediately thought about that particular character.

I'll be honest, I have only seen Nightmare Before Christmas once, and it was in my mid 20s. I remember thinking "why did I wait so long to see this movie?" lol. I'm sure I will be rewatching it as I begin my process of picking out a doll. I think there is another movie similar to Nightmare, Corpse Bride? I think it's by the same person, but I'm not sure if they are related.
I saw Nightmare Before Christmas in the theater during its original run. I was enamored the moment I saw Sally, the notion of a living rag doll. I thought it enchanting.

Yes, you're right. Corpse Bride is similar, although the Bride is undead, a living cadaver. That film is done by the same person, Tim Burton. Quite the ingenious filmmaker.
Henry869 wrote:Cadavara is a great, unique doll! She really suits a Teddy Babe.

I’m actually looking, and I’m torn between Sonya, Cordelia, and, oddly, Sable! Hmmm.
She does! I feel she's the perfect addition to the line.

Sonya, Cordelia and Sable are all lovely looking dolls. I'm sure whichever one you choose will make you happy.

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

It's been quite a while since I posted. Almost a year. And the saving isn't going as I'd planned. Unfortunately I had some extra expenses (medical) that I wasn't counting on. I'm much better now and I'm happy to say that I'm starting to slowly put away my pennies in order to have my dream doll. Hopefully in a year or two, I'll have her. I'm not about to complain, because I know that when I do place that order and get her, I'll feel that sense of pride that I was able to save for her, that I DID IT!

Next month, I'll be adding to the running total in my signature. (Fingers crossed and if the creeks don't rise, as my Nanny used to say. :) )

dizz

Post by dizz »

Well I hope you are able to get her soon.
Are you planning to make Sally from the nightmare before Christmas
Into your waifu.
I love my doll you must believe me.
Its plain to see that she really loves me.

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

sorry to hear you have been ill hope you are better now and please stay away from that virus. hope you get your girl soon.

carlys_guy

INFORMATIONS