teddy-babes.com

Meet Ainsley [Cordelia Deluxe]

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
MrHaus
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Meet Ainsley [Cordelia Deluxe]

Post by MrHaus »

I haven't seen anyone post about a Cordelia model at any of the forums, yet, so here's a brief introduction to what may be the first. This isn't my first foray into TeddyBabe ownership. I owned a classic Jessica about eight years ago, but I ended up giving her away to someone who needed her more than I did at the time after moving in with a partner.

When my partner of many years abruptly decided to end things, I found myself missing the feeling of having someone to snuggle with. Sleep was difficult and fitful, to say the least. Having experienced the seduction of the Jessica model, I decided on a Cordelia after a week of deliberation. I went through all of the things I imagine many of us go through when purchasing a doll. I asked myself, many times, whether I really wanted to have a life-sized doll, went through the standard machisimo-fueled doubts (e.g. I'm dating someone ergo I can attract a sex partner, etc).

But, I realized that the benefits of having a consistent, if inanimate, bed partner outweighed the disadvantages. While I quite like the woman I'm seeing now, neither of us want to live together, and it's not always practical to stay over, especially give my night shift work schedule.

While my last purchase came from the Canadian Teddybabe store, I have to say that Eighth Wonder did an excellent job. I placed the order on the 7th, and she was delivered this afternoon a few hours before I had to be up to go to work. So, I had the chance to re-experience the legendary TeddyBabe cuddle power, and it was just as lovely and intoxicating as I remember.

The only downside to EW shipping her so quickly is that none of her accessories arrived with her. No pajamas or short wigs for sleeping. No wig detangler, which she badly needs.

She's rather stiff right now, but she's sitting in my office with me as I write.

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Meet Ainsley [Cordelia Deluxe]

Post by carlys_guy »

welcome ainsley hope you enjoy it here on the forum and in your new home as well. mrhaus are you also shoggoth on UKLDF? if so why not have the mods here or on UKLDF change your screen name so both site use the same one.

carly snugglemore and carlys_guy

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Congrats!

Yeah, I believe she is the first Cordelia on the forum. I think they just came out about a month ago, so they're pretty new. Although I'm generally not partial to girls with crazy hair colors she pulls it off pretty well. Maybe it's the Teddy Babe charm, I don't know. I could see where it could be a tricky one to maintain though. I'm not real great at hair care anyway though; Audrey just has a designated sleeping wig (which she wears most of the time for better or worse) that I kind of just let go to hell.

Like you, I got a Teddy Babe for sleeping, which they excel at.

I remember when she was new Audrey was quite stiff and firm, but it won't take long for her to losen up. It's amazing how much more flexible they get.

Anyway, thanks for sharing! It's always fun to see a new Teddy Babe.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Yayyyy! A new Teddy Babe! :multi:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

MrHaus
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by MrHaus »

JackieTreehorn wrote:Congrats!

I could see where it could be a tricky one to maintain though. I'm not real great at hair care anyway though; Audrey just has a designated sleeping wig (which she wears most of the time for better or worse) that I kind of just let go to hell.
I bought her two new wigs. I didn't expect Ainsley to arrive as quickly as she did. EW's website said 2-4 weeks, and she was delivered inside of 5 days, even with the hurricane affecting the Florida panhandle. Her sleeping wig is short and sort of wavy/curly with a blue/pink color. It's probably the one she'll wear the most. Her EW-supplied wig is already shedding and frizzy, and no amount of combing or detangler seems to be able to help, so I think it'll be binned before long.

I knew the EW-supplied wig wouldn't last long, though, based on my experience with my classic Jessica.
carlys_guy wrote:welcome ainsley hope you enjoy it here on the forum and in your new home as well. mrhaus are you also shoggoth on UKLDF? if so why not have the mods here or on UKLDF change your screen name so both site use the same one.

carly snugglemore and carlys_guy
I might do that. I was indecisive when I made the UKLDF account.
DocMoriarty wrote:Welcome and great to see one of the new Teddybabes around.
I'm glad EW is still in business! Ainsley has been an absolute doll to snuggle with in the mornings after work.

Sekhmet

Post by Sekhmet »

She's lovely! Congratulations! I was admiring her on the TB website. If I were to get one of the "horror" models, she would be it. It's nice to see her in a home setting as opposed to the professional pics on the website. I like the name "Ainsley" too.

Re her long hair, what I do with my girls is take their (long or short) wigs off at night and use sleep caps for them. You can get ladies' turbans or caps for cancer patients, or even just tie a bandanna on her head. I brush their wigs out before bed and again before I put them on the girls in the mornings. It helps to prevent tangling and keeps the wigs clean. A wig in your bed can pick up skin oils and lint.

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

before tossing her wig check out this thread by karrot https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... &hilit=wig
he uses steam might help you with ainsleys wig.

carlys_guy

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

Welcome Ainsley. Congratulations on your new friend. She's beautiful! :D
Official Doll Accessories Fund = 47.00

Leia Marie - Teddy Bade - Doll Companion
Dyanna Lioncourt - Tonner Carol Barrie Model ~ Alpha Doll
Sarina - Phicen ~Sarina Valentina Body w/Jakks Pacific Paradise Dolls Head~
Cinderella -38" My Size Disney Cinderella Doll "
Belle - 38" My Size Disney Belle Doll

INFORMATIONS