teddy-babes.com

Teddy babe and asthma

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Dre-300
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Teddy babe and asthma

Post by Dre-300 »

I am thinking about getting a teddy babe on black Friday. But I have pretty severe asthma. I worry about dust and mildew collection. She would be for companionship only. Are they easy to clean? Has anyone had a problem with mold or dust?

jbl182

Re: Teddy babe and asthma

Post by jbl182 »

Do you have a teddybear? I would say it is in terms of dust the same.
~~~I do not love my dolls because they replace a human.~~~
~~~I love my dolls because they are dolls.~~~

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

I don't have asthma, but I sure wouldn't think it would be a problem. Especially mildew, unless you kept her in a dank, damp basement or something like that. They don't get real dusty either in my experience. Audrey always wears pajamas to bed to help keep her clean; mainly for sweat and skin oils but I suppose it keeps the dust off her too. Occasionally she gets dressed in regular clothes if she's out and about the house, but usually she just stays in bed. If you keep her in bed she shouldn't get any more dusty or mildewy than your bed does; especially if she's always wearing pajamas as your bed "wears" sheets.

They're not too hard to clean. There's a whole thread about cleaning them stickied on here. I don't clean Audrey often at all, but I try and keep her clean so I don't have to. In addition I always wear something to bed and I always shower before bed as well.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Dre-300 wrote:I am thinking about getting a teddy babe on black Friday. But I have pretty severe asthma. I worry about dust and mildew collection. She would be for companionship only. Are they easy to clean? Has anyone had a problem with mold or dust?
You can run the hose end of a vacuum cleaner over her to keep her clean.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Grasowka

Post by Grasowka »

I treat my ladies once a year with a textile cleanser and haven't faced any problems with dust or mildew so far.

@samara78: A hoover is a good idea for the meantime, thanks !
She drives my crazy, uh-uh, like no no-one else, uh-uh, she drives my crazy and I can't help myself...

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=5678

Dre-300
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Dre-300 »

JackieTreehorn wrote:I don't have asthma, but I sure wouldn't think it would be a problem. Especially mildew, unless you kept her in a dank, damp basement or something like that. They don't get real dusty either in my experience. Audrey always wears pajamas to bed to help keep her clean; mainly for sweat and skin oils but I suppose it keeps the dust off her too. Occasionally she gets dressed in regular clothes if she's out and about the house, but usually she just stays in bed. If you keep her in bed she shouldn't get any more dusty or mildewy than your bed does; especially if she's always wearing pajamas as your bed "wears" sheets.

They're not too hard to clean. There's a whole thread about cleaning them stickied on here. I don't clean Audrey often at all, but I try and keep her clean so I don't have to. In addition I always wear something to bed and I always shower before bed as well.

That's good to know. I have another doll and do this to keep her clean. The place where I live is close to 200 years old and can get kind of damp in the winter. So I just don't want to have any problems.

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

If you want to be extra careful maybe get a dehumidifier as well. Might help with other things from getting mildew on them as well.

INFORMATIONS