teddy-babes.com

Finally pulled the trigger and have some questions.

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Doll Gamer

Finally pulled the trigger and have some questions.

Post by Doll Gamer »

I've thought about getting a Teddy Babe for years, and with this year's Black Friday sale, I finally did it! Just placed my order for a standard Diana! Apparently, she's the only standard model still for sale, but I always liked that model and for only $320, there was no way I could pass that up. So now that I'm stuck here enduring the wait till she gets here, I've just got a few questions for those of you that own Teddy Babes:

Edit: Just looked at some of the stickies and got the answer to some of my questions, but still not too sure on a couple of points.

1) How are the wigs attached to these dolls and how hard is it to change them out?
2) Other than size, is there any major difference between Standard and Deluxe Teddy Babes? Specifically, are they made from the same materials and is their range of movement the same?

Anyway, thanks in advance and can't wait for my first Teddy Babe to arrive!
Doll Gamer's Menagerie:

Alley, Valentina Girls Cat Girl
Belle, Valentina Girls Cow Girl
Godiva, Valentina Girls Bunny Girl (coming soon)
Portia, Valentina Girls BBW Pig
Luna, Valentina Girls Bat Girl (coming soon)
Ivory, Valentina Girls SSBBW Elephant (coming soon)

DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Finally pulled the trigger and have some questions.

Post by DocMoriarty »

1.) They are sitting pretty tight with their cap on her head and held by a safety pin which I don't use anymore though since the wig cap holds well enough without. Easy to change too.

Here my babe with 3 wigs:
54_Three_Dolls_Large.jpg
54_Three_Dolls_Large.jpg (382.1 KiB) Viewed 2676 times
2.) Can't really tell since I only have a TB Deluxe Lisa

And congratz on your purchase. You'll love it!

Doll Gamer

Post by Doll Gamer »

DocMoriarty wrote:They are sitting pretty tight with their cap on her head and held by a safety pin which I don't use
Nice! So it'll be easy to get new wigs and change them out. I didn't know a plush doll could wear glasses like yours, either. Man, I might need to do some shopping before she arrives!
Doll Gamer's Menagerie:

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

As has been mentioned the you can safety pin the wigs on, but I don't. They fit on kind of like a hat and they'll usually stay on just fine on their own. Every now and then one will come off; say if we're in bed and she kind of rolls closer to me to cuddle in for sleeping, but my shoulder was on her wig so it comes off. It doesn't happen often and it's easy to put back on, so personally I don't think it's worth it to pin it.

As you pointed out the main difference is the size, and all that comes with it (standard is easier to travel with, deluxe is easier to buy clothes for etc.) Other than that, now I don't have a standard, but I believe they use a different plush. The deluxe has a finer, smoother plush, whereas the standard is probably more what you're expecting when you think of a plush girl. At least it used to be that way. Maybe they changed it at some point? Even if they did I think the Diana would have the original plush; the story was that they couldn't get the smoother plush in that color so that's why there's no Diana Deluxe.

Also a deluxe has individual toes, whereas a standard has connected toes with a "seam" kind of thing to differentiate one toe from another. Also a deluxe has more defined butt cheeks. Both have amazing looking butts in a bikini, but for that reason a deluxe probably pulls of a thong better than her smaller kin.

There could be more differences I don't know about, but most of these things are pretty minor. A lot of these things you'd probably never notice or realize unless you compared them side to side. The size itself is by far the main difference.

Anyway, congrats on getting a Teddy Babe! Most likely you'll come to consider it perhaps the best choice ever! $320 is an amazing deal as well. The happiness to dollar ratio is off the charts!

If you haven't I would recomend getting her some pajamas. I feel that's pretty much a must have accessory for a Teddy Babe since they love to cuddle and sleep with you. A standard might be a little harder to find clothes for, but there's threads about size info and all that. Also check out the eyelid thread. Even someone artisticly retarded like myself can make them, and they add a lot. A sleepy Teddy Babe definately passes the Q test.

It won't be long before she shows up at your door. I think I got mine in 9 or 10 days, and that's from when I mailed my payment so they're pretty fast.

Good Luck!

Doll Gamer

Post by Doll Gamer »

Wow, thanks for all the info! :D Two people saying the wigs are easy to change out and keep on without pinning them on is nice to hear.
JackieTreehorn wrote:I don't have a standard, but I believe they use a different plush. The deluxe has a finer, smoother plush, whereas the standard is probably more what you're expecting when you think of a plush girl. At least it used to be that way. Maybe they changed it at some point? Even if they did I think the Diana would have the original plush; the story was that they couldn't get the smoother plush in that color so that's why there's no Diana Deluxe.
This pretty much answered exactly what I thought I remembered reading somewhere about standard TB's. Even if the material isn't as "high quality" I still wanted the smaller sized model, but at least I know there's a difference in materials now. That also explains why there was never a deluxe Diana... That said, I forgot that the smaller ones don't really have toes and the butt isn't as nice, but I can live with that.

I've seen stuff about making the closed eyelids from felt, so I definitely have some stuff to buy, especially if she arrives as quickly as you predicted (fingers crossed). But thanks again for all the info!!!
Doll Gamer's Menagerie:

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Glad to be of help!

I don't know if the Deluxe plush is higher quality per say, just different. Like I said I don't have a Standard, so I'm kind of going by what I've picked up on over the years. The Deluxe plush is very smooth, sort of like a horse's nose or a puppy's ear. Not quite, but sort of something in that direction. Having not felt one, I wonder if a Standard is maybe more soft than smooth? I highly suspect it's such a minor thing that, unless you one day get a Deluxe to compare it to you'd never realize there's a difference. Even then I highly doubt you would become dissatisfied with the Standard plush.

Also, you really only notice the butt if she's naked or wearing a thong. The Standard butts still look pretty darn good, it's just that their butt cheeks aren't as distinguished. To be fair, even a Deluxe doesn't have as clearly separated butt cheeks as a lot of silicone and TPE dolls, and even those dolls I've heard people complain they're not as well defined as on a real girl. Apparently it's hard to make a good butt crack, lol. Like I said though, as long as she's wearing pants, a skirt, or non-thong underwear you'll never notice. And even if she is rockin' a thong it's not like it's a big deal- at I don't think so.

And the toes, in my opinion, just make it harder to put things on. Audrey usually wears something sexy underneath her pajamas; for example her factory outfit (as well as a number of her other outfits) came with those stockings that, despite the garter strap thingys holding it up, would want to sag down over time. It was always a bit tricky to pull them back up because they'd want to snag on her toes. Not a big deal by all means, but I guess I don't really look at her feet much so it wouldn't matter to me if she had individual toes or not- in fact life might be very, very trivially, infinitesimally easier if she didn't. To me it wouldn't really matter either way, but maybe it does to someone else.

Doll Gamer

Post by Doll Gamer »

JackieTreehorn wrote:It won't be long before she shows up at your door. I think I got mine in 9 or 10 days, and that's from when I mailed my payment so they're pretty fast.
Man, this was dead on accurate! She just showed up today; 9 business days after I placed the order! Thanks again for all the info before she arrived! She's already settled in, took over my bed and stole one of my shirts!

I've only had her a grand total of about 3 and half hours but I'm already thrilled with her! Her skin's a little darker than I imagined, which I'm super happy about, but she's a little firmer than I expected. Hopefully she'll soften up a little after I've had her a little longer. All in all, this seems like it was $320 well spent!
Doll Gamer's Menagerie:

Danny81

Post by Danny81 »

I'm jealous. 2 weeks and I still haven't received mine :(

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

They get much softer and more flexible with time. At least Audrey did. She was quite stiff and firm initially, but now she is quite a bit softer and she can even do the splits.

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Danny81 wrote:I'm jealous. 2 weeks and I still haven't received mine :(
They're maybe a little backlogged from the big sale. Although it sucks to wait, hopefully that's the case as I want the company to be successful and also to stay around forever. I'm sure it won't be much longer, especially if you're from the states.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

What a delicious looking chocolate Babe you have there! :D
$320 was indeed a fantastic price for a new Teddy Babe as I paid $350 for Michelle, my 2006 vintage Babe from the sales section. Of course she had a "butt job" performed by one of her previous partners that gave her some butt cheeks and I figured that was well worth the extra money as it turned out REALLY nice! :D
In fact, it's so nice that I can't seem to stop caressing it. :oops:
But anyway, here's to your new lady! :glou:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

I was thinking that it would take a little extra time due to the boob job. But if they sent a tracking number, then she should be on the way. So I don't know what could be going on. Do you live in the US? If not, then I can see it taking a little longer. If you haven't heard anything in another week, then you might should contact them to see what's going on. But at any rate, I wouldn't stress out over it as she will surely arrive at some point. :wink:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Doll Gamer

Post by Doll Gamer »

Sorry, man... Hopefully she'll show up soon. For what it's worth, these dolls are well worth the wait. This is my first doll, and I've only had her a few days, but I really love just having her around!
Doll Gamer's Menagerie:

INFORMATIONS