teddy-babes.com

I have questions about fabric dolls

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: I have questions about fabric dolls

Post by DocMoriarty »

I personally wouldn't want to change heads on a doll. A doll is a person for me (not necessarely a human) and changing heads would be weird.
My TBD for example is not a human for me. She is a Teddy Babe, something very special and extremely adorable. I love her more every day. Changing heads would be like killing her.
I'd also find it weird if my doll would be made from fabric but not the face. I also have serious doubts whether the silicone head has the same durability as the body and knowing the TB insert I don't think that I would want that silicone head at all.

As for teeth and tongue, there is this mod from "The Doll Laboratory" for dolls that includes various teeth and tongues.

Just saying.

BTW there was a TB up for sale fairly cheap, not sure she still is (Crissy with a Lauren body).

Harry Mudd

Post by Harry Mudd »

Zang, I did see your mod in its original post!! It made me more comfortable with the idea that I could get what I envisioned with a teeth and tongue kit. I think Sheba would look good with some teeth!

And Doc, I understand. We may not be in the same mindset about the dolls, but I do understand what it could be like to anthropomorphize one to a level of being sacred to oneself.
I might even find myself in the same mindset, eventually. Right now, I'm still being rather clinical and consumerist about my process of finding my own doll: I mean no disrespect to anyone's companions by it.
Alice #1 through 250: You desire something else, lord?
Chekov: What a shame you're not real.
Alice #251 through 500: We are real, my lord.
Chekov: Oh, I mean 'real girls'.
Alice #1 through 250: We are programmed to function as human females, lord.
Chekov: You are?
Alice #1 through 500: [In unison] Yes, my lord.
Chekov: Harry Mudd programmed you?
Alice #1 through 500: [in unison] Yes, my lord.
Chekov: That unprincipled, evil-minded, lecherous kulak, Harry Mudd programmed you?
Alice #1 through 500: [In unison] Yes, my lord.
Chekov: This place is even better than Leningrad.

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Harry Mudd wrote:Happy Doll necks apparently work with JY heads, but I'm not crazy about the JY heads that I've seen. Also, the outlets for purchasing the HappyDoll seem...well... questionable. Still, I haven't ruled them out, but at present, Sheba is leading the pack.
Far be it from me to try and talk someone out of a Teddy Babe. I don't know what that was about anyway, maybe a momentary attempt on my part at some kind of façade of impartiality or something. To be fair though, so far as I know DollStudio, Beautiful Dolls, and 1 AM are legit and I think some others carry them even if they don't have them on their websites.

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

DocMoriarty wrote:My TBD for example is not a human for me. She is a Teddy Babe, something very special and extremely adorable. I love her more every day. Changing heads would be like killing her.
That's uncannily exactly how I think about mine as well. There's always discussion going on around here "do you see your doll as a human or a doll" but my answer isn't necessarily either one. I think of her as a Teddy Babe, and of course totally agree about the special part.

However to someone who hasn't yet formed an attachment it might not matter. Before I had a Teddy Babe I had concerns about the facial seams; if the Ultras existed back then I very well may have gotten one and formed the same bond- even if today I can't imagine nor want her any other way than how she is.

Badbrad
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Badbrad »

Have a TPE and a Good a TB and spend way more time with the TB. Way easier to have at the ready, great proportions, indestructible, light weight, and never cold. Lots more prep and time commitment with non plush.

italianloopy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by italianloopy »

I feel exactly the same about dolls. Changing heads seems exactly like murder. I could never ever do this. Teddy Babes, especially, are very special and don't deserve that treatment. In response to the posting about Sheba though, she is still very much a teddy babe. The first week, I was a bit distant and awkward and clung to my Lisa Doll. In time though, Sheba became my primary. She is still warm and cuddly and you can really kiss her deeply. I found a tongue online that is amazingly realistic and Sheba a has a hole to attach the tongue to. I have had her for a year now and she is a teddy babe without doubt.

Missionary
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Missionary »

Mr. Harry Mudd, and fellow Babe lovers,
I am not an expert on Teddy Babes, I only have 21 of them, all D models. This way I don't have to change heads. 3 more coming soon.
Your concern about fat face can be remedied by a long needle and some thread. You can narrow the face by inserting threads just below the ears from side to side. Some faces are wider, some faces are narrower. They are handmade. Experiment. Though, you will find that it doesn't matter.
I am here to warn you about having a Teddy Babe bedmate. Owning a Teddy Babe will result in emotional involvement. She will grow on you and you can't escape. You will find yourself talking to her, spending time with her. She is pretty, warm, have nice boobs, perfect for spooning all night if you like. I put a silk shirt on her to keep moisture and body oils away from the plush.
Trust me, the facial seams will disappear, and you'll see a beautiful woman. If you like nice firm boobs, you will be hooked. They don't point down like the silicon and TPE Babes' boobs. The TPE/silicon Babes are beautiful, shapely but I can't handle the 30-40 kg weight. Teddy Babes are only 5 kg.
If you get a second Babe, you'll be on a slippery slope. Just one more, just one more and so on. And your 'troubles' will multiply.
Your first job is to find the perfect silicone insert for you. It is very important. I can't recommend the insert sold by 8thW, way too small. Again, read, experiment.
I do have to say that all my Babes were modified by moving the vagina hole north about 2 inches for the perfect missionary position for me.
Which Babe do I recommend? All of them.
Here are some pictures for your enjoyment,
Cheers, Missionary
Attachments
Terry and Sabrina.JPG
Terry and Sabrina.JPG (1.72 MiB) Viewed 1227 times
Lisa and Elisa.JPG
Lisa and Elisa.JPG (1.8 MiB) Viewed 1227 times
Amber and Pamela.JPG
Amber and Pamela.JPG (1.75 MiB) Viewed 1227 times

INFORMATIONS