teddy-babes.com

I have questions about fabric dolls

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Harry Mudd

I have questions about fabric dolls

Post by Harry Mudd »

I've been researching what doll to get for a while, and through TDF I finally learned of fabric dolls.
You guys have been phenomenal at selling me on the concept, just reading your posts and commentary.
So much so, that I think a TB will end up being my first doll, in spite of my qualms.
By and large, it seems the majority consensus is that Teddy Babes are the best, even when stacked up against TPE dolls.
BUT... I'm not wild about 'round' faces. I fancy more of an inverted teardrop shape. Furthermore, I'd like the face to be capable of oral and kissing, so it seems the TB Ultra is the way to go for me.
Here's where I run into questions...
1: I haven't seen many reviews of the Ultras regarding performance. Maybe they're just too new, or not popular enough. How well do they stack up regarding sex in comparison to a regular TB as well as TPE dolls?
2: Why hasn't a fabric doll manufacturer made a doll with an interchangeable head mount that works with other manufacturer heads?
OR, conversely, why haven't TPE manufacturers made a fabric body to interchange with their heads? It seems like a manufacturer with that kind of versatility would improve sales across the board.
3: Of the TB Ultras, they all seem to have no teeth, giving them an odd mouth-look. Are the mouths really that featureless or is it just an awkward angle on the photos?
4: Some of you have removed the wire skeletons and made your ladies much more floppy for cuddling: Given the opportunity, how many of you would recommend a wireless doll over a wired doll when ordering from the manufacturer, assuming they would work with me on that option?
And lastly...
5: I've read posts describing how easy it is to pack and travel with a TB standard or Deluxe. That she fits into luggage, is lightweight, etc. Compact and easy storage and deployment is a factor for me.
Can any Ultra owners tell me about the difference between those experiences with the Standard and Deluxe and their own, given the silicone head?
Alice #1 through 250: You desire something else, lord?
Chekov: What a shame you're not real.
Alice #251 through 500: We are real, my lord.
Chekov: Oh, I mean 'real girls'.
Alice #1 through 250: We are programmed to function as human females, lord.
Chekov: You are?
Alice #1 through 500: [In unison] Yes, my lord.
Chekov: Harry Mudd programmed you?
Alice #1 through 500: [in unison] Yes, my lord.
Chekov: That unprincipled, evil-minded, lecherous kulak, Harry Mudd programmed you?
Chekov: This place is even better than Leningrad.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: I have questions about fabric dolls

Post by Mr Franz »

Have you seen Valentina Girls? They're also fabric similar to TB, but with oral and anal capability. They're fully customizable as well with a stiff, flexible inner core rather than wire. Now, the fabric heads aren't much to look at, but there is a option that allows mounting a TPE or silicone head in it's place. Might be worth taking a look. http://www.valentinagirls.com

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

Mr Franz wrote:Have you seen Valentina Girls? They're also fabric similar to TB, but with oral and anal capability. They're fully customizable as well with a stiff, flexible inner core rather than wire. Now, the fabric heads aren't much to look at, but there is a option that allows mounting a TPE or silicone head in it's place. Might be worth taking a look. http://www.valentinagirls.com

I think they are good.
but face is not so sexy. :drinking:

The girls have a lot of good positive respons.

and totally perfect for sex and travelling..(they say)

jbl182

Post by jbl182 »

It is possible to get the "Anime fabric doll" body with an TPE head.
~~~I do not love my dolls because they replace a human.~~~
~~~I love my dolls because they are dolls.~~~

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Harry Mudd wrote:I've been researching what doll to get for a while, and through TDF I finally learned of fabric dolls.
You guys have been phenomenal at selling me on the concept, just reading your posts and commentary.
So much so, that I think a TB will end up being my first doll, in spite of my qualms.
By and large, it seems the majority consensus is that Teddy Babes are the best, even when stacked up against TPE dolls.
BUT... I'm not wild about 'round' faces. I fancy more of an inverted teardrop shape. Furthermore, I'd like the face to be capable of oral and kissing, so it seems the TB Ultra is the way to go for me.
Here's where I run into questions...
1: I haven't seen many reviews of the Ultras regarding performance. Maybe they're just too new, or not popular enough. How well do they stack up regarding sex in comparison to a regular TB as well as TPE dolls?
2: Why hasn't a fabric doll manufacturer made a doll with an interchangeable head mount that works with other manufacturer heads?
OR, conversely, why haven't TPE manufacturers made a fabric body to interchange with their heads? It seems like a manufacturer with that kind of versatility would improve sales across the board.
3: Of the TB Ultras, they all seem to have no teeth, giving them an odd mouth-look. Are the mouths really that featureless or is it just an awkward angle on the photos?
4: Some of you have removed the wire skeletons and made your ladies much more floppy for cuddling: Given the opportunity, how many of you would recommend a wireless doll over a wired doll when ordering from the manufacturer, assuming they would work with me on that option?
And lastly...
5: I've read posts describing how easy it is to pack and travel with a TB standard or Deluxe. That she fits into luggage, is lightweight, etc. Compact and easy storage and deployment is a factor for me.
Can any Ultra owners tell me about the difference between those experiences with the Standard and Deluxe and their own, given the silicone head?

1) Yeah, they're pretty new. I've only seen one review thus far; it was relatively recent so you shouldn't need to look far back in the Teddy Babe forum.

2) While Teddy Babes have permanently attached heads there are other fabric dolls that do not. Happy Dolls have removeable heads. Their signature head has the big Japanese cartoony eyes, but they also offer a realistic silicone head. They're sold by Beautiful Dolls, 1 AM and DollStudio. They don't have their own forum section so they can be a little difficult to learn about, but they're not rare either and if you dig around enough you can find quite a bit of information on them. To make things even more confusing, only DollStudio even uses the Happy Doll name so some people have them and don't even know what they're called. Now... I am not sure here and I'm not sure if it was an announcement that it was available, or if it was for the future, but I THINK I remember seeing something about how they were going to be interchangeable with some of the main TPE companies' heads. I'm not sure about that though. I have a memory of something, but it isn't super clear.

Also, Textile Dolls have interchangeable heads, but they are only interchangeable with other Textile Doll heads, so that is perhaps of limited use.

3) Not sure; I've never seen one in person (I have a Teddy Babe Deluxe). I don't know how it would go, but I know I've seen people make teeth for different TPE doll heads. To be honest sometimes I don't think it turns out the best, but sometimes I like it too. Might take a bit of trial and error... or maybe it will just be error, haha. You'd be a pioneer doing that in the Teddy Babe Ultra department.

4)I'm not sure many people have removed the skeletons completely (I can only think of one account, and I think that was awhile back...), although there are a number of impressive skeletal repairs, modifications, and even replacements. Once again I can't speak with experience as Audrey has her original skeleton. A lot of people are down on the wire skeleton, but personally I kind of like it. Especially in her arms. Instead of a distinct elbow joint she usually just keeps her arm in a gentle curve. I think this is superior for cuddling as she can wrap around me. Plus the lack of sharp bends means her wires should last much longer (if not forever). I don't know if you've ever bent a piece of wire back and forth until it breaks but it goes pretty easy. However a minor gentle curve would not have the same effect. That being said, would no skeleton at all be better? I'm not sure... might come down to personal preference. I suspect I'd like her better how she is however. After thinking about it some more I definitely don't want her to lose her skeleton. There may be some advantages, but I think more disadvantages. If you are thinking of doing it I would highly recommend waiting a few months to do some "research" with her while she has a skeleton and giving it a lot of thought as it would be a pain to try and reinstall it. You can always take it out later, but learn and adapt to her having a skeleton first so as to make the best decision.

5) Should be about the same as a Deluxe. If you bend her knees all the way (not that she has "knees" per say as discussed above) it could work if you have a big enough bag. The weight shouldn't be an issue, but you'd need some kind of bag at least 4 feet long. So not super convenient, but certainly much easier than a similar sized TPE or silicone doll. You just need a huge piece of luggage, but at least it will be light weight. Assuming you can stop her from packing every piece of clothing she owns, haha.

A few thoughts on what else you said: now, this might be a personal preference thing once again, but I just wanted to throw this out there. I see a lot of people wanting dolls that "do oral." Now, with a real girl getting a BJ feels different from regular sex so I get that. But with a doll it's essentially the same. I guess it depends on the internal structure/texture/whatever of the cavity in question, but it isn't inherently different as it would be with a real person. You know better than I what is important to you, but perhaps that's a consideration to take into account.

I initially had some concerns about the faces as well. Not the shape so much as the seams. I looked at lots and lots of pictures; sometimes they didn't seem to noticeable other times they seemed quite pronounced. I can honestly say that today I never see them at all even though they may be inches from my face. I don't know how or why, but I guess they are just part of her and I don't even notice. Now if you got an Ultra they obviously don't have facial seams anyway, but maybe the lesson is that anything like that, if you cuddle enough she can become pretty special, and once that happens however she is, that's how you want her to be. If you see her imperfections at all they become endearing instead of distracting.

Probably getting a little ahead of ourselves and it's still important to get the doll that would be best for you, but it's been my experience that a Teddy Babe is so cuddly and affectionate (that probably sounds crazy, but somehow they are very affectionate despite being largely inanimate) that you end up thinking they're perfect regardless of what you thought when you began your journey. That also means that I'm probably hopelessly biased so take all that with a grain of salt and find whatever wisdom in there you can (if any at all, lol).

Good Luck!

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Get a teddybabe, if you don't like her she'll grow on you... trust me
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Harry Mudd

Post by Harry Mudd »

A big "Thank you!" to all of you for your input! Believe me, every comment factors in my decision making process, so thanks for taking the time to talk to me about the subject, and especially you, Mr Treehorn. You covered a lot, and gave me even more to think about. Especially the part about the 'sameness' of every cavity on a doll.
It still matters to me, but you made me realize why it mattered to me, from a sex-psychology standpoint.
(For me, less of a 'texture' thing and more of a 'fantasy/position' thing.) Thank you again for putting so much thought into your response!
Mr Franz.... HOLY SMOKES! Wow, I've never seen this manufacturer/maker!
Do you own one? I'd really like to hear from some forum members who own one (...or more)!
The Valentina Girls with the changeable heads look like the front runner with me right now. I've got some questions about certain features, but that really looks like the direction I want to go in.
TBs have a more pleasant looking complexion, but some of the VGs features seem to fit my agenda better.
I must find out more about it! Thank you!
Chekov: That unprincipled, evil-minded, lecherous kulak, Harry Mudd programmed you?

DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocMoriarty »

Today I know a lot more than before and recommend buying a teddy babe. I got my Florina (VG) today and am not too satisfied with her. At the same time I also recommend not fall victim to the fleshlight-myth. Most other masturbators at 1/2 the price are better.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Harry Mudd wrote:Mr Franz.... HOLY SMOKES! Wow, I've never seen this manufacturer/maker!
Do you own one? I'd really like to hear from some forum members who own one (...or more)!
The Valentina Girls with the changeable heads look like the front runner with me right now. I've got some questions about certain features, but that really looks like the direction I want to go in.
TBs have a more pleasant looking complexion, but some of the VGs features seem to fit my agenda better.
I must find out more about it! Thank you!
No I don't, but there's a review on this thread from an owner who does:
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... tina+girls

There are a few other fabric dolls out there as well, like this one I've been considering from Kanojo Toys:
https://www.kanojotoys.com/yuka-fancy-d ... -3899.html

jbl182

Post by jbl182 »

The valentina is nice and i like them. BUT! The sex is not great.
You can just buy a teddybear make a hole in it and you have the same effect. I have "happy dolls" i have a Dagmar Doll i have some NF Anime Fabric dolls a valentina and a Teddybabe
If you ask me. The best doll in my opinion is the NF Anime fabric Doll.
~~~I do not love my dolls because they replace a human.~~~
~~~I love my dolls because they are dolls.~~~

Harry Mudd

Post by Harry Mudd »

jbl182 and Doc, thanks again! Doc, I went and read your review, and I think you may have helped me dodge a bullet on that choice.
jbl182, I haven't heard of the NF Anime doll... I'm off to check it out now.

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

DocMoriarty wrote:I just wrote my review of my VG and must confirm Jbl182's message that "the sex is not great".

Here is the link:
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=109718
sad news…. :| :(

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

We all need a hero , someone has got to take this fabric doll to the next level..let's look back to the teddy ruxpin. . Lets start including ai and start upgrading these plush ladies to meet the demand
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

jbl182 wrote:The valentina is nice and i like them. BUT! The sex is not great.
You can just buy a teddybear make a hole in it and you have the same effect. I have "happy dolls" i have a Dagmar Doll i have some NF Anime Fabric dolls a valentina and a Teddybabe
If you ask me. The best doll in my opinion is the NF Anime fabric Doll.

Are the NF ones the ones you see on Amazon? If so I've never known what they were called. Thanks for the info!

INFORMATIONS