teddy-babes.com

I have questions about fabric dolls

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: I have questions about fabric dolls

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Harry Mudd wrote: Especially the part about the 'sameness' of every cavity on a doll.
It still matters to me, but you made me realize why it mattered to me, from a sex-psychology standpoint.
(For me, less of a 'texture' thing and more of a 'fantasy/position' thing.)
Glad I could help! Yeah, that I suppose would be a reason to prioritize it.

Personally I guess I'm sort of the opposite. Not that I don't like a good BJ but from another (probably dumb) psychological hang-up. It sorta grosses me out, lol. If we're going to sleep and her face is inches from mine I don't want something I just put my dick in to be staring me back in my face. I know you clean it, but part of me always would wonder just how clean it is, and even if it is perfect there's always doubts. Even with a real girl I feel there should be some sort of grace period between that particular activity and kissing. Now I've never expressed that as I don't want to appear ungrateful for something that I appreciate very much indeed, but deep down I'm secretly thinking it. For those reasons even if I had a doll that had such capabilities I doubt I'd ever make use of them. That being said, everyone is different and it's important to get what you want.

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Juncharted2 wrote:We all need a hero , someone has got to take this fabric doll to the next level..let's look back to the teddy ruxpin. . Lets start including ai and start upgrading these plush ladies to meet the demand
I've always thought (and previously expressed) that as well!

I think a fabric doll would be a great jumping off point in the mechanization and mobilization doll development process. I realize fabric dolls make up a relatively small amount of doll sales and most people probably want a hyper realistic one, but it would make a lot of things simpler. The lighter weight and greatly improved durability would overcome a lot of obstacles- not to mention a much easier way to "open her up" for repairs and/or modifications. Even if the end goal were to develop a TPE or silicone (or maybe even something new!) doll I think a lot could be learned from making a plush robot.

Also, for many people it may possibly be the only affordable option. Heck, today it would be the only option period for a functioning robodoll. Back in the day where there were few (if any) silicone dolls under $5000 and no TPE dolls at all I think a lot of people bought Teddy Babes because it was the only thing they could afford even if it wasn't necessarily their first choice. And of course a Teddy Babe being how they are, once a person actually has one the attachment rate is pretty high.

Despite the advantages, I've never heard of anyone attempting anything like this though, so I'm not confident we'll ever see it. The time to start was maybe several years ago. Maybe not though; hard to say when other mechanized dolls with come to market as well as how good they'll be when they do. I've seen some of those recent DS robot videos and they're pretty amazing. Although perhaps they're still a long ways off from making a durable, functional product? I don't know enough about it to say. Either way I think a robo-Teddy Babe would be about the coolest thing ever- and far easier to create than a silicone one.

Harry Mudd

Post by Harry Mudd »

jbl182, I just got done looking thru Amazon at them. One supplier indicated the head was removable. Is it threaded the same as WM doll heads?
And you said, "If you ask me...", so I'm asking, please! Tell me what makes the NF your favorite doll.
I like the looks of her body very much, but I'm not much into the anime or younger faces. In fact if I get one, and I could replace it with a WM head, I'd probably just sell off or trade the anime head here.
How is the sex? How durable is the body and skeleton? How repairable if damaged?
I'm sorry if I sound too demanding, but I've always been an intensely curious student of anything I invest myself into.
Alice #1 through 250: You desire something else, lord?
Chekov: What a shame you're not real.
Alice #251 through 500: We are real, my lord.
Chekov: Oh, I mean 'real girls'.
Alice #1 through 250: We are programmed to function as human females, lord.
Chekov: You are?
Alice #1 through 500: [In unison] Yes, my lord.
Chekov: Harry Mudd programmed you?
Alice #1 through 500: [in unison] Yes, my lord.
Chekov: That unprincipled, evil-minded, lecherous kulak, Harry Mudd programmed you?
Chekov: This place is even better than Leningrad.

Harry Mudd

Post by Harry Mudd »

JackieTreehorn wrote: ....Not that I don't like a good BJ but from another (probably dumb) psychological hang-up. It sorta grosses me out, lol. If we're going to sleep and her face is inches from mine I don't want something I just put my dick in to be staring me back in my face. I know you clean it, but part of me always would wonder just how clean it is, and even if it is perfect there's always doubts. Even with a real girl I feel there should be some sort of grace period between that particular activity and kissing. Now I've never expressed that as I don't want to appear ungrateful for something that I appreciate very much indeed, but deep down I'm secretly thinking it...

Okay, I admit, I have the same hangup, maybe not to the same degree, but truthfully, brother: You said a mouthful.
**Rimshot**

There's also the realism of kissing, which is probably a better draw for me. I was thinking of BJ's initially as I "practice-built" different models on vendor's websites and selected the "regular mouth" option over an "enhanced" one, figuring that it would be easier to clean out.
Now several of you have made points that have made me completely reconsider my "build" of my girl, and now
I think I'll go with an enhanced mouth and just leave it for kissing. That's assuming I can find a textile/fabric doll that will let me switch heads with a TPE manufacturer.
Chekov: That unprincipled, evil-minded, lecherous kulak, Harry Mudd programmed you?

Harry Mudd

Post by Harry Mudd »

Mr Franz wrote: There are a few other fabric dolls out there as well, like this one I've been considering from Kanojo Toys:
https://www.kanojotoys.com/yuka-fancy-d ... -3899.html
Those are kinda cool too. I think I've seen them before though, and if memory serves, the head is like a hard shell that sockets down tightly onto the neck.
I'm glad you pointed her out, though: That site led me to the astonishing and amusing discovery of pussy-scented lubricant.
*Solemnly, but with tongue-in-cheek*; Someday, I WILL test drive that lube.

jbl182

Post by jbl182 »

Harry Mudd wrote:jbl182, I just got done looking thru Amazon at them. One supplier indicated the head was removable. Is it threaded the same as WM doll heads?
And you said, "If you ask me...", so I'm asking, please! Tell me what makes the NF your favorite doll.
I like the looks of her body very much, but I'm not much into the anime or younger faces. In fact if I get one, and I could replace it with a WM head, I'd probably just sell off or trade the anime head here.
How is the sex? How durable is the body and skeleton? How repairable if damaged?
I'm sorry if I sound too demanding, but I've always been an intensely curious student of anything I invest myself into.
The NF- Anime Doll is like the other Fabric Anine Dolls (happy doll). Just made by another company. My first doll from them is now older then 3 years and she is still good as new. The sex is Amazing! The body is very realistic. The main difference is the skeketon. If you have the choice then ask for the classic. They make it with the 160 and 130cm body. I do not suggest the 165 *the Dagmar the bones are not stable and the new skeleton is also heavyer (not much but noticeable) . Posing the Fabric doll with classic skelet is Amazing! I have the different bodyse. I have the 130cm, 160cm with classic(my first) 160cm with new skelet and 165cm Dagmar.

Another thing is the body. The classic is more slim and more cute.
~~~I do not love my dolls because they replace a human.~~~
~~~I love my dolls because they are dolls.~~~

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

who makes the NF doll and who sells them?

carlys_guy

Alucard1959
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Alucard1959 »

If you are going to buy a Dekonoboo. Go to their site. Kanojo overcharges for them. Just Google them.
Imaginary lovers never turn you down. They always care, they're always there when you need satisfaction guaranteed. Your mine,anytime, my imaginary lover.
"Atlanta Rythum Section"

jbl182

Post by jbl182 »

carlys_guy wrote:who makes the NF doll and who sells them?

carlys_guy
This must be the page from them (since it links to the amazon store)
https://newfeeldolls.com/about-us/

I cant realy find wich manufacturer actualy makes the fabric doll.
On product page it says NFDOLL. So i guess tgey make them only upon request.
https://www.amazon.com/NFDOLL-Handmade- ... B0738HSQ13

Harry Mudd

Post by Harry Mudd »

jbl182, it looks like the Amazon site and the NF site might both just vend the same doll made by Happy Doll.
The Happy Doll's neck in their photos doesn't look capable of fitting the same kind of heads as the WM Dolls.
Is there another variation of the doll that I'm missing?

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by matt gloss »

Hi I have the 160cm anime doll (happy doll) and she has an m16 bolt on her neck and the nut moulded into a foam plug that the head goes onto,I will post a pic later..

jbl182

Post by jbl182 »

Harry Mudd wrote:jbl182, it looks like the Amazon site and the NF site might both just vend the same doll made by Happy Doll.
The Happy Doll's neck in their photos doesn't look capable of fitting the same kind of heads as the WM Dolls.
Is there another variation of the doll that I'm missing?
Might be true. But i have an Happy Doll. And they are different. The body shape and the skeleton is little different. Maybe they just change the progress over time.
I removed the head from my nf this is how it looks:
20181221_143308-600x800.jpg
20181221_143308-600x800.jpg (116.64 KiB) Viewed 2017 times
I bet you can mount a tpe head on it

DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocMoriarty »

I just found the Happy Dolls on Doll Studio EU. They really have some interesting dolls there and the option to buy a silicone head.

Edit: Thanks for the info on the heads. Maybe I get one of those for my Xiu which still has no body.

Edit2: Is that a screw or a screw nut on her neck? My WM head has a screw, not a nut.

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Yea I kinda like this idea...
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

jbl182

Post by jbl182 »

DocMoriarty wrote:
Edit2: Is that a screw or a screw nut on her neck? My WM head has a screw, not a nut.
It is a nut i thunk. So it should be possible to screw the head on... i will try to get my dollhouse168 head on. Since it got the connector thing...

Edit1:
Ok does not work because of the size. I have no priginal wm doll head so cannot test that

INFORMATIONS