teddy-babes.com

Teddybabe and weather?

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
gentlecuddle
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Teddybabe and weather?

Post by gentlecuddle »

Hello everyone,

I'm camping with a question/issue that could best be answered by people that already had a Teddybabe last summer.

question/issue: how do i cuddle/sleep with my babe in the summer and not become roasted flesh.

Long explanation:

The thing is that my room (actually the attic) gets hot in the summer. It used to get extremely hot but i've bought some roller blinds with some kind of foil on the outside and the temperature is like 50% less.
Also no sun coming in my room at night at all, however it's still warm in the summer and i love cuddling with my babe but i feel like heat from the summer and the babe will be a bit too much. And honestly the way the attic is set up an AC is just way too exspensive to run the whole summer and there's no other place in the house to move. I wonder if there's some kind of ''cooling coat'' that i can fill with cooling ellements and like put around the babe.

If you have any tips/recommendations they're very welcome, except getting an AC that's just not a option.

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Teddybabe and weather?

Post by carlys_guy »

i use cotton long sleeve and long leg P.J.s on carly some use silk, also use a fan either a floor fan or ceiling fan.

carlys_guy

gentlecuddle
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by gentlecuddle »

carlys_guy wrote:i use cotton long sleeve and long leg P.J.s on carly some use silk, also use a fan either a floor fan or ceiling fan.

carlys_guy
I have a tower fan and a regular one, honestly haven't tested them yet with having these roller blinds.
I assume they will help a lot more now when the sun isn't shining through the roof windows the whole damn day, also the biggest window shines right on my bed. I have a cotton dress for my babe, i guess it will just absorb body fluids and that i have to get some extra cotton clothes to change them daily.

Can't put up a ceiling fan, a floor fan not actually sure if that would be effective. Putting the normal one towards my face and the tower towards the bed should do something.

KeiraLaSage
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by KeiraLaSage »

There are a few ways to go about this.

- Stop the heat grom getting in. Blinds on the outside of the window are better than blinds on the inside, but something touching the glass is a second best. Maybe you can gain some more there? Are the windows vertical (in the wall) or at an angle (in the roof, velux)? I've seen people tape aluminium foil to the window to reflect as much as possible. If it's a vertical window your neighbors might not like it much though :P

- Get heat out. Open the windows when the outside temperature drops, and close them again when outside temperature rises. You can place a fan in the windowsill or open opposite windows to help the airflow.

- Fans. They mostly just move air around, use this to your advantage. Let them move hot air (air that has been heated by your body heat) away from you and blow cooler air onto you. This also helps with cooling down by removing air with more water (sweat) and adding air with less water, so your sweating is more effective. I use a small fan that's placed at my feet, high enough that it blows over me, not on me.

- Lastly, your babe. A cooling coat will have quite uneven cooling, the spots with cooling elements are very cold, the rest, not so much. Also,this likely wears off during the night. The big issue is the plush skin, quite effective at trapping heat. I'd go for some cotton, linnen or silk full length PJs or indeed a dress.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

I know you said that air conditioning wasn't an option, but I was wondering if you could use a portable unit? That would be a lot more convenient than a window unit as you would just need a power source and a way to mount the vent hose to blow the hot air outside. (I don't know if "vent hose" is the proper term, but it's basically a similar type hose that is used on a clothes dryer to vent hot air)
In any case, my room gets pretty hot as well and I couldn't make it without a/c. But I just use it long enough to cool the room down and then use a fan the rest of the night to keep costs down.
As for what a Teddy Babe should wear, my lovely wife Lexy here sleeps in satin pajama for the most part.
Teddy Babe Lisa 001.JPG
Teddy Babe Lisa 001.JPG (1023.65 KiB) Viewed 1378 times
Seam lines 002.JPG
Seam lines 002.JPG (939.44 KiB) Viewed 1378 times
While cotton or fleece might be better when it's cold, I like satin when it's warmer. But do be careful about getting darker colors like this sweaty as it could cause staining to your Babe.
At any rate, sleeping with a Teddy Babe definitely isn't as enjoyable in hotter weather. :( But since I can't imagine NOT sleeping with one, I hope you can find a solution to your dilemma. :glou:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Wolfric

Post by Wolfric »

Best method, wither human or doll... mount a simple desk fan at the head of the bed to blow the heat off the bed. At night two fans at a window will do wonders, one for intake (drawing in the cool night air) which is set at a faster speed than the one above it that blows the air out (heat rises so having the exhaust fan at the top of the window will draw heat out). 2 small fans is all you would need to move the air, the cool air will automatically drop to the floor forcing the warmer air to rise, therefore causing a natural air flow. Combined with the fan from the head of the bed, you will be as cool as you can possibly be without a/c. I do this all the time, never had to install my a/c, saves me money :P

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

Most of what I do here has been mentioned already. We live in the attic too, with the bed being at the highest point :? On top of that, even literally, the roof is slate, aka stone, black stone that is excellent in storing heat...

We use fans like mentioned to pull air in and out, and one aiming at the bed too, though the last one is switched off or turned away when we are in it so we don't catch a cold. AC units are actually rarely ever installed over here in Germany, though becoming slightly more popular over the last two or three years. Not with me - price tag, power bills, environment etc etc. Fans are still way cheaper.

But over the last two years we really moved out during the hottest weeks. Two years ago I moved into the basement of my woodshop, with that basement being built directly onto / half into the ground and walls from natural stone up to 70cm thick (that's over 3 feet thickness!). That building was a centuries old barn before. So it stayed up to 20°C cooler down there than the outside, slowly becoming warmer over time.

Last year I did not have that option, the room was full of stored goods. But I had bought an old cheap caravan with bad insulation, which turned out to be not bad at all: One single fan managed all the air exchange (roof vents ftw), and by mid afternoon the sun was gone due to a row of spruce trees. So it could cool down all nicely and was always roughly the outside temperature. Bad during the day, great at night.

This year we are sweating it so far, because I sold the caravan, th camper van I am building is still a bit from being usable, and the woodshop's basement is still more than half full. If it gets hotter still, I may have to look for a solution, but until now we always had a shower (or even a downpour) at night which helped to cool down the slate and make sleep possible, if still not pleasant.

CU c+L, puffing and sweating :P

INFORMATIONS