teddy-babes.com

Dana's Lip Transplant

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Yoube Bosley
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Dana's Lip Transplant

Post by Yoube Bosley »

Recently there was a rash of TeddyBabes having their lips go bad due to latex deterioration. You may recall ChikkinNoodul's thread, Jazz has got latex cancer.

Unfortunately, Dana was a victim of this too. I believe her lips went bad because one of our bedroom windows faces east and becomes very bright in the morning sun. Apparently the UV rays did their dastardly work. I've since begun the habit of putting Dana on my living room futon in the mornings before I go to work. It's much darker in there and will hopefully make her new lips last longer.

Dave was kind enough to provide Dana's new lips free, but it took them a while to arrive due to some staffing issues. I bought some brush-on super glue today and performed the "surgery".

Here are the "before" photos of Dana:

You'll notice that you can see through her mouth right to the fabric.

With my Exacto knife and fingernails, I began the lip removal. I also stuck pins in Dana to mark the location of the lips as Dave suggested:

I wasn't able to remove everything. This is Dana before I glued her new lips on:

I brushed some of the super glue on the new lips and pressed them on Dana. Be careful with this as I still have some of the dried glue on my fingers.

You can see the results below. While the transplant was a technical success, the new lips aren't as plump as the old ones, so Dana doesn't have quite the girly-girl expression she did before. The picture turned out good, so I guess I'll get used to it. :)

So here’s what I’m thinking.  I’ll be Charlie and you can all be my angels.  Except you.  You be Bosley.

--- Peter Griffin

Photos of Dana and Amyliu: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10735

Siber
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Siber »

Heather will soon receive this treatment as well. Her lips haven't fallen apart, but are very sticky to the touch, and attempts to clean them have only made them worse.

Guess 2 years of daily kisses did them in. :)

She will also be getting new pubes as well, as those have pretty well disintegrated too.

This will probably be the most extensive repair to date. Still not bad though, when you consider the repairs that the silicone gals undergo, this is pretty simple stuff.
"My wife has a doll collection, over 100 dolls... I'm the weird one 'cause I have one.... under my bed in the box"
--Dwight York, comedian--

Mischief

Post by Mischief »

great work and documenting there. i'm glad that dana is on the road to recovery.

good luck with heather, siber.

Dragoneye
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Sticky?

Post by Dragoneye »

Actually I'd like to See this thread turned into a Sticky
Yoube_Bosley Put together a nice Lip repair thread here.
I know this will happen to Grace eventually, Looks like most TeddyBabes
will have to go through it eventually too.
Be handy to have it up at the top of the list
Just My 2 1/2 cents

Renate
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Renate »

Yikes! But good fix up there!

Blaire and Roxie were a bit scared when they saw those pics....they may have to lay off the lipstick :)

Glad to see her back to her beautiul self!

Ren<3
♥♥♥Check Out My Blog! Juicy♥Splatter Doll Photography♥♥♥

ian

Re: Sticky?

Post by ian »

Dragoneye wrote:Actually I'd like to See this thread turned into a Sticky
Yoube_Bosley Put together a nice Lip repair thread here.
I know this will happen to Grace eventually, Looks like most TeddyBabes
will have to go through it eventually too.
Be handy to have it up at the top of the list
Just My 2 1/2 cents
Good call Dragoneye.
I also think it would be a good idea to make this thread a sticky.

Izzy's just gone through a lip transplant and I can see Emma needing one at sometime in the not too distant future.

Maybe Eighth Wonder or TB canada should consider making new lips generally available, on sale the same as new wigs, replacement nipples and plush inserts that they have on their web site.

colossus
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by colossus »

I agree with ian, Teddy Babes should sell lips for repair, on their website because the lips could fall under the category of mandatory maintenance, and also for this reason Dragoneye is right, it should be a sticky topic.

My Sonia's lips arent in too bad a shape but they will need replacing in the future.

It's awesome that Dave supplied you with lips Yoube_Bosley free of charge :D

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

If (or is that when?) Caley's lips go bad, I'll probably make her replacement lips from silicone as per makerealsextoys.com. In fact, I've been thinking of doing that anyway. I'm already very cautious about kissing her, always making sure my lips are dry lest the moisture promote her lips' deterioration, but with silicone lips I wouldn't have to be. Not to mention that silicone would be much more kissably soft than the latex ones....

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

squad51
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

rottn' lips

Post by squad51 »

Oh, the horror!No it has'nt happened yet but I am thinking of making A pattern from sculpy clay, it hardens by baking in your household oven around 280* for 15 min or so, And then using RTV,hot melt glue, Allene's fantastic plastic or silicone from the hardware store to pour into my final mold which will be plastic vacuum formed over the clay model. If latex has the problem of breaking down for no obvious reason I really don't want to keep replacing my babes lips. Although it has not happened to my doll yet, id like to have other alternatives ready. 51'
"patient is experiencing some tension"

ChikkinNoodul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Dana's Lip Transplant

Post by ChikkinNoodul »

I haven't been in here in a long time, but Jazzi's second pair of lips seems to be getting near the end of its lifetime. I'm thinking about making my own lips from silicone or some other material, I'm not quite sure what to use yet. Any ideas, anyone?
Acomocliticism - interesting word indeed.
http://acomoclitic.blogspot.com/

My Album:
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10384

rubb3rl0v3r

Post by rubb3rl0v3r »

like with the anus, i'd like to see someone do a penetrable oral sleeve.

How hard would it be to transplant one from a latex doll to a teddy babe?

dollluver73
Ex-Member

Post by dollluver73 »

I had to do this to Tina yesterday. Thanks to mg4 for supplying the lips. Danas lips looks great. Good job.

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

buy a sex in a can from flashlight. the oral one. use just the lips,orbetter yet....trim away the skin from the lips and use those soft lips and throat if you can adapt for one?
wow. it is a small cute mouth that might fit.into an elastic banded hole.??ideas?BG only problem is the color. so pale skin,no lipstick. perhaps a stain.red. ?

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

check out this set of lips. red like yours. no extra beyond lips. cheap!!. has a throat to use. hmmm. if i had a teddy to work with i could make this happen.BG

i found them on the sextoy site on the doll makers page here.at bottom. Dr Johnson .maker.
Attachments
0683021N.jpg
0683021N.jpg (16.99 KiB) Viewed 7273 times

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

beardygoat wrote:check out this set of lips. red like yours. no extra beyond lips. cheap!!. has a throat to use. hmmm. if i had a teddy to work with i could make this happen.BG

i found them on the sextoy site on the doll makers page here.at bottom. Dr Johnson .maker.
Sounds like a good idea, however unless you're real skinny will the fabric of the face be able to expand to accomodate?
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

INFORMATIONS