teddy-babes.com

Cleaning Teddy Babes

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Cleaning Teddy Babes

Post by Karrot »

Certainly not on a wig and it would probably damage the eyes, lips, eyebrows and may detach the nails. I've no idea how the polyfil stuffing would react. All in all, probably best not to

Karrot
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

ConstanceRowan
Doll
Doll

Post by ConstanceRowan »

What's the best cleaning product for color bleeds? My new hair bled all over my face and neck

EDIT: resolve stain stick works pretty well just when using on face don't get on eyebrows.... Just wash off with a warm washcloth and dry with a towel still small traces of the bleed and the eyebrows bled a little from the cleaner getting on them but all in all I got washed up better than expected

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I found out oxy clean in the spray bottle even removes ink from the plush as well. Took all the ground in dirt out of her plush as well.
Attachments
20180412_225127.jpg
20180412_225127.jpg (1.95 MiB) Viewed 3954 times
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

What's the best way to use the Oxi clean? Especially on a Babe's face? I would be afraid that if it was sprayed on there might be a danger of it causing problems with the eyes and lips.
I was thinking about using a "transfer method" such as saturating a paper towel or piece of cloth with the Oxi clean and then gently rubbing it on?
Also, how long should it set before rinsing?
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:What's the best way to use the Oxi clean? Especially on a Babe's face? I would be afraid that if it was sprayed on there might be a danger of it causing problems with the eyes and lips.
I was thinking about using a "transfer method" such as saturating a paper towel or piece of cloth with the Oxi clean and then gently rubbing it on?
Also, how long should it set before rinsing?
That's indeed the way we do this, though we have no spray on oxi cleaner here, but in powder form. Big bowl of soap suds, washcloth - done. The stain remover samara78 posted may have to be sprayed on though.
The eyes may indeed come off at one point or another, but that's just the superglue. I also used that to fix a corner of the eye laminate opening up. Easy fixes. About the lips and the cleaners - no idea.

CU c+L

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Thanks cuddly! :thumbs_up: I just wanted to be sure that I was on the right track as I didn't want to do anything wrong. But like you said, it wouldn't be anything that a little superglue couldn't fix. 8)
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

samara78 wrote:I found out oxy clean in the spray bottle even removes ink from the plush as well. Took all the ground in dirt out of her plush as well.
good info

darcyen
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by darcyen »

This whole thread is just full of great knowledge such an awesome community

Sekhmet

Post by Sekhmet »

I just finished cleaning up a secondhand freebie Teddy Babe. She was pretty dirty. I performed the following steps:

1. Checked her over with a UV light in a darkened room. It lets you see any "bodily fluid" stains. It also lets you see where the seams are starting to split, and any holes. This is because the white layer under the plush glows under the UV light.

2. Used an enzyme cleaner on the fluid stains. I used a product that's available at pet shops for pet "accident" stains, and which is formulated for use on upholstery and carpets. This allows it to penetrate the stuffing instead of just cleaning the surface. Follow manufacturer instructions. NOTE: Never use hot or even warm water on body fluid/enzyme stains! Hot water will set this type of stain and you'll never get it out. Use cool or cold water instead.

3. Used a combo of Woolite and OxyClean in warm water in a spray bottle, all over her body. Waited 15 mins then used warm water and sponge to rinse.

4. Used the UV light to verify stains were gone. Steam treated the areas which previously had body fluid stains, including inside the vagina (no insert).

NOTE: I tested on the bottom of her foot AND the upper inside thigh before doing the rest. My steamer is a Vapamore pro model, with adjustable steam pressure and temperature. It has an upholstery setting and attachment, which I used. Do not steam your doll without testing first, make sure you don't focus the steam on one area for too long, use distilled water, and start with your steamer's lowest setting. Blot with a clean, dry sponge, paper towel or rag after doing each area, to mop up moisture and any residue.

5. Allowed the doll to air dry in front of a fan. I made a thick wad of paper towel to insert inside the vagina to absorb the moisture, checking and replacing every few hours until it was dry. Some use tampons for this.

6. Wig - was a real bird's nest. I'm not sure if it was the original that came with the doll. Anyway, I spent a good hour combing out the knots and concluded that the last 4 inches of the ends were totally fried (you can tell because they re-tangle as fast as you can de-tangle them). Normally I do not recommend wetting a tangled wig, but in this case I soaked it in Woolite and cold water for half an hour before rinsing it, treating it with wig conditioner (some people use liquid fabric softener and water) and then rolling it up in a thick towel to absorb the water. Once it was damp I put it on a wig stand, combed it lightly and trimmed the fried ends off before combing it more thoroughly and letting it dry. Now it's shoulder length instead of hooker length ;) but smooth as silk. I didn't take a before pic, but here's the after:
2018-10-01 13.14.01.jpg
2018-10-01 13.14.01.jpg (651.29 KiB) Viewed 3607 times

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Wow! She looks fantastic! Great job Sekhmet! :thumbs_up:

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:Wow! She looks fantastic! Great job Sekhmet! :thumbs_up:

Is it a LISA
Lisa eyes..

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

titjob wrote:
Stewie studmuffin wrote:Wow! She looks fantastic! Great job Sekhmet! :thumbs_up:

Is it a LISA
Lisa eyes..
Could be. I didn't notice at first because her head seems to have a rounder shape than my standard Lisa. But maybe that's due to the angle or something? She does have the green Lisa eyes and very few of the other models had green eyes.
She looks great with that blonde wig though. :thumbs_up:

DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocMoriarty »

Wow great result! She really looks clean and the wig fantastic. Wig probably was an Alexis wig (hooker length LOL)?

Cernunos
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Cernunos »

Very nice! :D

Sekhmet

Post by Sekhmet »

titjob wrote:

Is it a LISA
Lisa eyes..
I'm not sure. I know she's one of the older classic models, not the deluxe (she's too short). That's probably why her head seems more rounded/wide. I don't think the blonde wig is her original wig. She has almond shaped green eyes with purple eye shadow, dark pink lips and red "full" (not landing strip) pubes.

INFORMATIONS