teddy-babes.com

Cleaning Teddy Babes

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Tsall
Server Admin
Server Admin

Re: Cleaning Teddy Babes

Post by Tsall »

Hi gentlecuddle and welcome to TDF. :glou:

As a new member you may find some useful info on our Newbie Welcome Page.
Mara (Dreamdoll Tania) - holiday trip (outdoor photos) and introduction
Lucia (Passiondolls 160cm Muscle Doll) - introduction and photos
Keira (Phicen Arhian Pirate) - outdoor adventures

set track

Post by set track »

hi gentlecuddle welcome aboard , if you are cleaning your lovely Vicky try not to over wet the fabric - if soaking wet it will take day's to dry also it could turn to mold inside the doll .

ST

gentlecuddle
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by gentlecuddle »

set track wrote:hi gentlecuddle welcome aboard , if you are cleaning your lovely Vicky try not to over wet the fabric - if soaking wet it will take day's to dry also it could turn to mold inside the doll .

ST
Yeah i figured soaking wouldn't be a great idea.
However i have never used Vanish at all, and i'm etremely careful now as i don't want to hurt/damage Vicky. :cry:
I feel like if i would keep Vanish on it for too long, it would dry up looking ''weird'' so i assume letting the product work in is like a good 5 minutes? then clean it with a damp cloth.

Kinda also looking for recommende ''fresheners'', not really to clean the doll but to smell nice. Currently i bought some Dove female dioderant which has that sweet smell but i wonder if any cleaner save on pluche has a similiar smell. Don't really want to use parfum as i think it soaks in?

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

The Oxi-Clean that I posted above is the only thing that I have ever used. Although other cleaners could work just as well, I just haven't tried them.
The way that I use it is to spray a generous amount onto the dirty area and let it soak in for a few minutes. After that, I use a wet sponge to dab some water onto the Oxi-Clean soaked area as a way of rinsing it and then use some paper towels to draw out the water. There is no need to rub very hard, just firm enough to get the job done.
You can also spray more cleaner and repeat the procedure as many times as needed. Although I only have to do this 2-3 times to make my Babes look good as new. I have also been able to remove clothing stains as well.
Once you are satisfied that the stains are gone, you can give her a final rinse and began drying her. When rinsing, be sure to keep applying water and removing it until there are no suds left. After you are satisfied that the suds are gone, just use as many paper towels as necessary to dry her as best you can.
I have found that you can get most of the water out this way, but she may still feel a little damp and will need a little extra time to completely dry out. It may take a few days for her to completely dry if you use too much water. But it's not a problem. Just use a paper towel to soak up any moist areas that you find.
I hope this makes some sense and isn't too confusing! :lol:
While this may not be the best method, it's been doing the job for me so I haven't seen any need to change anything.
Also, she will have a nice smell about her for several weeks which reminds me of the scent of a woman who has just washed her hair.
Another added bonus to a clean Teddy Babe :D
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:The Oxi-Clean that I posted above is the only thing that I have ever used. Although other cleaners could work just as well, I just haven't tried them.
The way that I use it is to spray a generous amount onto the dirty area and let it soak in for a few minutes. After that, I use a wet sponge to dab some water onto the Oxi-Clean soaked area as a way of rinsing it and then use some paper towels to draw out the water. There is no need to rub very hard, just firm enough to get the job done.
You can also spray more cleaner and repeat the procedure as many times as needed. Although I only have to do this 2-3 times to make my Babes look good as new. I have also been able to remove clothing stains as well.
Once you are satisfied that the stains are gone, you can give her a final rinse and began drying her. When rinsing, be sure to keep applying water and removing it until there are no suds left. After you are satisfied that the suds are gone, just use as many paper towels as necessary to dry her as best you can.
I have found that you can get most of the water out this way, but she may still feel a little damp and will need a little extra time to completely dry out. It may take a few days for her to completely dry if you use too much water. But it's not a problem. Just use a paper towel to soak up any moist areas that you find.
I hope this makes some sense and isn't too confusing! :lol:
While this may not be the best method, it's been doing the job for me so I haven't seen any need to change anything.
Also, she will have a nice smell about her for several weeks which reminds me of the scent of a woman who has just washed her hair.
Another added bonus to a clean Teddy Babe :D
Samara has a couple of Teddy babes.
She has also used Oxy Clean spray with success to get a stain out of one of hers.

:glou:
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

gonestill77 wrote: Samara has a couple of Teddy babes.
She has also used Oxy Clean spray with success to get a stain out of one of hers.
I think she was the first one to mention it and that's where I got the idea to try it. :D
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

gentlecuddle
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by gentlecuddle »

Since everyone here says woolite i decided to check the local shops and can only find liquid woolite. I want to clean my babe every week or 2 weeks but theres so many washing products im getting confused like do i need to check if it has parfume or bleach? Specifix product for "white" or "colors" do they have something in them that might cause damage. And do you guys use powder form or liquid. So scared to mess up. Typed on phone.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

I don't think there will be any issues with any of the products mentioned in this thread as far as causing any damage.
I would just be hesitant with anything not mentioned here. I think a spray on liquid would be best. But a powder could work if that's the only thing available.
Also, it's not necessary to clean them very often if they aren't getting dirty. My Lexy wears pajamas pretty much all the time so she stays pretty clean. I just wash her once or twice a year and she's good as new.

gentlecuddle
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by gentlecuddle »

I assume i can also make my own spray on cleaner from the normal woolite liquid and just mix it with water in a spray bottle. Need to check after work if they have any of the oxy vanish sprays or woolite. Perhaps any oxy spray works? Vicky also has clothes on but i want something that makea her smel sweet and nice like female deoderant. So a cleaning spray is probably the easiest but it needs to have a nice smell. Typed on phone

gentlecuddle
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by gentlecuddle »

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried or tought about using a carpet cleaner?
I mean the machine where you can like apply carpet cleaner and then vacuum all the moisture out, i feel like it's something that could work out well to get most of the moisture out. I don't have carpet cleaner device but i feel like it could be used effectively.
Attachments
7017b4b6f01d0eab79999d1feb43d451.png
7017b4b6f01d0eab79999d1feb43d451.png (331.71 KiB) Viewed 3660 times

gentlecuddle
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by gentlecuddle »

Cleaned Laura for the first time since i have her, which is like 2,5 months or something. So happy nothing went wrong. Used the recommended vanish oxi spray, sprayed a little over a damp cloth and went over her. Then rubbed with paper towel till semi-dry and luckily with this hot weather my fan was blowing through the room so she was dry within an hour.

However the oxi spray smells weird, does anyone know what type of fabric softener are safe to use? I mean usually a softener or even washing powder have something stated on them like ''white'' or ''colours'' and i'm scared either of them could cause color marks/changes. We don't have woolite in the netherlands, so i don't really know what type of powder or softener to go for. ''colors'' or ''white'' since i believe white usually has some bleach in them...

set track

Post by set track »

hi gentlecuddle glad to here the wash went well , apart from a quick rub with damp white micro fiber cloth my two babes have not yet been given a good bed bath , I dont sleep with them on a daily basis so they stay clean longer . they are more for company than sex.
on my daily cloths I use 'Astonish' fabric re-fresher and plan to test it next time on the Teddy Babes - once dry the (fresh) smell disappears

ST & Lisa & Tina xxx

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

A Babe will definitely have a bit of a smell after being cleaned with Oxi-clean spray. Although I kind of like it as it reminds me of the scent of a woman who has just washed her hair. Which adds to the realism.
Then again, I'm also kind of weird. :lol:

Edited to add: If the scent is a problem, the good news is that it goes away completely after a while. :wink:

gentlecuddle
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by gentlecuddle »

set track wrote:hi gentlecuddle glad to here the wash went well , apart from a quick rub with damp white micro fiber cloth my two babes have not yet been given a good bed bath , I dont sleep with them on a daily basis so they stay clean longer . they are more for company than sex.
on my daily cloths I use 'Astonish' fabric re-fresher and plan to test it next time on the Teddy Babes - once dry the (fresh) smell disappears

ST & Lisa & Tina xxx
I also have her for company mainly, but mainly the company while sleeping. :razz:
Can't even sleep without now. :whistle:

INFORMATIONS