teddy-babes.com

Cleaning Teddy Babes

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Cleaning Teddy Babes

Post by Joe Bin »

Thanks! Puppeteer, for the great advice. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: I will try both of those things; sanitize and wig shampooing. :multi: :multi: :multi:

Puppeteer

Post by Puppeteer »

I have to again stress that if you're going to use a chlorine bleach solution to sanitize the doll, it _must_ be a very weak solution, with the scent of the bleach barely noticeable. I'm talking less than 1.5 ounces/ 5 ml. chlorine bleach to 16 ounces/480 ml. of water/detergent solution.

Also, I forgot to say that you should *sponge* rinse the doll with clean, preferrably distilled water. The doll can be damp but should never get saturated.

I haven't yet used either of my fabric dolls for sex, simply because i don't want to have to deal with cleaning the dolls afterwards. I'm sure the day will come, but for now the two dolls are very cute room decorations.

BTW, a friend of mine recently took some photos of my TBD Carly, but I can't figure out how to reduce the size and post them (I cannot see the pics, b/c I am blind). I'll be happy to post them, including a couple photos of my wife working on Carly's wig, if I can get some help.

About the wig: Start shopping now for a better quality replacement for the stock wig provided with your TB/TBD. The wigs provided are reasonably good, but you might want a better quality wig, or at least a shorter style, which is less likely to snarl and tangle. Good wigs are not cheap, so be prepared to spend more than one might think for a wig. Also, it is possible to use either small safety pins or velcro tape to secure the wig onto the doll. One great thing I will say about the wigs provided by Eigth Wonder is that they fit the dols' heads very well and snugly. Even moving the doll around a lot, dressing her with an over-the-head sundress etc. did not dislodge the wig from Carly's head. :D

Finally, the TB and TBD are very amenable to perfuming. Carly's current scent is Alfred Sung spray cologne; the fabric holds the perfume for quite a long time. :D

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

What about Javex2 Bleach for unbleachables. would that work? It is a fabric bleach that comes in a powder form, and is meant for use on cloths that are normally not supposed to be washed with bleach.
Puppeteer wrote:I have to again stress that if you're going to use a chlorine bleach solution to sanitize the doll, it _must_ be a very weak solution, with the scent of the bleach barely noticeable. I'm talking less than 1.5 ounces/ 5 ml. chlorine bleach to 16 ounces/480 ml. of water/detergent solution.

Also, I forgot to say that you should *sponge* rinse the doll with clean, preferrably distilled water. The doll can be damp but should never get saturated.

I haven't yet used either of my fabric dolls for sex, simply because i don't want to have to deal with cleaning the dolls afterwards. I'm sure the day will come, but for now the two dolls are very cute room decorations.

BTW, a friend of mine recently took some photos of my TBD Carly, but I can't figure out how to reduce the size and post them (I cannot see the pics, b/c I am blind). I'll be happy to post them, including a couple photos of my wife working on Carly's wig, if I can get some help.

About the wig: Start shopping now for a better quality replacement for the stock wig provided with your TB/TBD. The wigs provided are reasonably good, but you might want a better quality wig, or at least a shorter style, which is less likely to snarl and tangle. Good wigs are not cheap, so be prepared to spend more than one might think for a wig. Also, it is possible to use either small safety pins or velcro tape to secure the wig onto the doll. One great thing I will say about the wigs provided by Eigth Wonder is that they fit the dols' heads very well and snugly. Even moving the doll around a lot, dressing her with an over-the-head sundress etc. did not dislodge the wig from Carly's head. :D

Finally, the TB and TBD are very amenable to perfuming. Carly's current scent is Alfred Sung spray cologne; the fabric holds the perfume for quite a long time. :D

Doll Knight XIX
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Formerly known as TG megami - The Frozen North, USA

Post by Doll Knight XIX »

Thankfully I haven't gotten my TBD dirty enough to warrant cleaning yet (though that's probably due to a lack of use; the poor girl... :() so I had no clue what to turn to when the time to clean her eventually comes. This topic gives me A LOT of good ideas of things to try.

To this point, most of the stains I have gotten on her have come off with gentle soap and water. Others, like the black dye left on her fingers from the sexy black gloves I bought with her, somewhat washed off and somewhat just faded over time. There's still a tint of black there, but it's not as noticible as it was.

So, yeah, a reminder: If you're going to put any new black lingerie or gloves or whatever on a Teddy Babe, wash the article first. A simple hand washing should suffice and prevent you from needing to clean her up later.
We will start anew, on here, soon. We can't wait!

tchon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by tchon »

Joe Bin wrote:What about Javex2 Bleach for unbleachables. would that work? It is a fabric bleach that comes in a powder form, and is meant for use on cloths that are normally not supposed to be washed with bleach.
I have not tried that specific brand of cleaning stuff, but I guess it is a good idea to first carefully test it on a small patch, i.e. the underside of the feet, where it cannot cause too much damage. I once needed a stain remove because some "eyeliner" stained the my dolls beneath the eyes. If did not really do much harm, but the plush got a bit rougher in that small area. I do not want to think how the doll would feel if she got completely bathed in that stuff.
So better be careful with the more aggressive stuff. However if it works to remove more persistent stains, that would be interesting to know.

Puppeteer

Post by Puppeteer »

tchon wrote:
Joe Bin wrote:What about Javex2 Bleach for unbleachables. would that work? It is a fabric bleach that comes in a powder form, and is meant for use on cloths that are normally not supposed to be washed with bleach.
I have not tried that specific brand of cleaning stuff, but I guess it is a good idea to first carefully test it on a small patch, i.e. the underside of the feet, where it cannot cause too much damage. I once needed a stain remove because some "eyeliner" stained the my dolls beneath the eyes. If did not really do much harm, but the plush got a bit rougher in that small area. I do not want to think how the doll would feel if she got completely bathed in that stuff.
So better be careful with the more aggressive stuff. However if it works to remove more persistent stains, that would be interesting to know.
Chon, great idea to test any cleaning product on a small, hidden patch (top of scalp or bottom of foot).

I guess I misunderstood the question, which I thought was how to sanitize the doll, not just clean and remove stains.

I don't know if Javex or Oxyclean or other non-chlorine bleaches have the same germicidal properties as chlorine bleach. I do know that very little chlorine is required to be effective, and I cleaned my TBD Carly (bought used) using a very mild solution of Woolite and chlorine bleach as I described above. A friend with good eyesight gave her the once-over and said that the doll appears clean without causing damage to the plush or its dye.

Caveat: Remember that I am *seriously* a N00B. I just know that when my wife and I worked on Carly, that's how we cleaned her.

The shampoo advice comes from a friend who works with wigs as part of her job, and my wife who wore wigs briefly while ill. We haven't yet done anything with Carly's hair other than use some Revlon spray-on wig conditioner and loosely braid her hair.

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

Pupeteer, you Understood the question just fine, I was just wondering if the bleach for unbleachables would be easier on the plush but still sanitize. But since you successfully used Woolite and bleach, then I will do the same.
Puppeteer wrote:
tchon wrote:
Chon, great idea to test any cleaning product on a small, hidden patch (top of scalp or bottom of foot).

I guess I misunderstood the question, which I thought was how to sanitize the doll, not just clean and remove stains.

I don't know if Javex or Oxyclean or other non-chlorine bleaches have the same germicidal properties as chlorine bleach. I do know that very little chlorine is required to be effective, and I cleaned my TBD Carly (bought used) using a very mild solution of Woolite and chlorine bleach as I described above. A friend with good eyesight gave her the once-over and said that the doll appears clean without causing damage to the plush or its dye.

Caveat: Remember that I am *seriously* a N00B. I just know that when my wife and I worked on Carly, that's how we cleaned her.

The shampoo advice comes from a friend who works with wigs as part of her job, and my wife who wore wigs briefly while ill. We haven't yet done anything with Carly's hair other than use some Revlon spray-on wig conditioner and loosely braid her hair.

tchon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by tchon »

puppeteer wrote:I guess I misunderstood the question, which I thought was how to sanitize the doll, not just clean and remove stains.
Nah, I have been a bit in haste and misread the question. Then I feel it is a good idea to test anything strong, cleaner of disinfectant, at a small patch first. Teddy Babes are very sturdy, but better be safe than sorry.

Btw. I also uses some special "wig cleaner" shampoo to wash the wigs of my dolls, and that worked out quite well ... at least they got clean. It did not help much with the tangeling, however. Well, Mariam, whose wig got seriously tangled, now got a haircut ...

Oh, and sorry that I did not see your question earlier:
puppeteer wrote:BTW, a friend of mine recently took some photos of my TBD Carly, but I can't figure out how to reduce the size and post them (I cannot see the pics, b/c I am blind). I'll be happy to post them, including a couple photos of my wife working on Carly's wig, if I can get some help.
Unfortunately the forum software is not helpful when it come to resize big pictures automatically. You are expected to use some image processing tool before. If you need help with that send me a PM and I can give you my email address where you can send the pictures so I can resize them. (Then, maybe your wife or your friend might want look into this if this is easier?)

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

tchon wrote:Oh, and sorry that I did not see your question earlier:
puppeteer wrote:BTW, a friend of mine recently took some photos of my TBD Carly, but I can't figure out how to reduce the size and post them (I cannot see the pics, b/c I am blind). I'll be happy to post them, including a couple photos of my wife working on Carly's wig, if I can get some help.
Unfortunately the forum software is not helpful when it come to resize big pictures automatically. You are expected to use some image processing tool before. If you need help with that send me a PM and I can give you my email address where you can send the pictures so I can resize them. (Then, maybe your wife or your friend might want look into this if this is easier?)
I had the same issue when I first started, and Midiman gave me a link to some free resizing software. I'm not sure, but I think it's this site. I can't be certain, since that was three years ago on my sister's PC, and I've since acquired my own machine that has such software built in... :wink:

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

john1972 wrote:Ok here is a question I dont see much talk about..
I have been using a spray on Detangler on my TBD hair..
It seems that maybe its causing build up in the hair and making it feel not smooth
after it drys a while.. (Ratty and tangling more)
Im wondering if I can wash her wig and get it brushed out without ruining it...

I wash Jess mop in a warm woolite solution in the sink.
Just fill the sink with hand warm water, add a cap full of woolite, swirl to disburse it and then lower the wig in.
I usually let the wig sit for 20 mins or so with the occasional gentle agitation, then lift out, rinse under a running tap.
Once it drains off place it on a towel and pat dry, then put it on a wig stand and brush it gently through. Use a wig conditioner or fibre oil at this point.

I use a hair drier to finish off the dry and get the skull cap dry.

Karrot
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

mg4
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mg4 »

Kim and I took a shower together today, It was a fun bonding experience. :)

TB boobies are great for helping you hold her up under your arm when she all soaking wet. lol

Then I took her outside and dye her again, she drying out now naked outside. lol
Attachments
bath and a dye 002.JPG
bath and a dye 002.JPG (592.32 KiB) Viewed 7107 times
Check out my Gallery:

Maggie_Mae69

Post by Maggie_Mae69 »

I just got my doll 3 days ago, I noticed after shampooing and brushing her wig that some hair was pulling out. it that normal for first time use or should I use wig conditioner first?
Maggie ,Lisa, Candy, Brandy and Amy send their love

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

Totally normal. All wigs will loose some strands everytime you brush. Just go gently and brush small sections at a time if you find there are lots of tangles..
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

Maggie_Mae69

Post by Maggie_Mae69 »

I Googled wig care and bought some wig conditioner online and used it today. works great!. my TB has nice hair now.
Maggie ,Lisa, Candy, Brandy and Amy send their love

MarkoUK

Post by MarkoUK »

Just a thought can you use a steam cleaner on a TB?
Inventry of Harem as it stands 9/11/17 2 Teddybabe Deluxe, 2 Teddybabe Standard, 1 Anime Doll, 1 Cassie Doll, 1 Orient Petit Jewel F, 1 Orient all vinyl solid doll, 1 tpe Viola doll.
My dolls gallery
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13888

INFORMATIONS