teddy-babes.com

Cleaning Teddy Babes

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Siber
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Cleaning Teddy Babes

Post by Siber »

Many methods have been found for cleaning Teddy Babes.
"My wife has a doll collection, over 100 dolls... I'm the weird one 'cause I have one.... under my bed in the box"
--Dwight York, comedian--

Siber
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Siber »

First item to note:

DON'T USE A WASHING MACHINE!
The issue really isn't one of rust (the wire inside your Teddy Babes are sealed with plastic); the problem is that, if you put your babes in a washing machine, their eyes, brows, pubes, and nails (which are glued into place with adhesive) will be ruined. It might damage their lips too, and it might also break some of the wires. It is okay to get them wet with a cloth or sponge when cleaning them on the surface; but you don't want to soak them wet because (like any large stuffed animal) they will become water-logged and will take a very long time to dry. There would also be a chance of mildew unless the water is very clean (as opposed to "hard water").

Hope that helps. We're glad to hear that your gals are staying gorgeous for you. :-)

All the best!

Dave Jones
Eighth Wonder, LLC
Thanks to Zazakell for the above info.
"My wife has a doll collection, over 100 dolls... I'm the weird one 'cause I have one.... under my bed in the box"

Siber
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Siber »

Ok, so what then is recommended?

Well, per the manufacturer, one should use a damp cloth or sponge and Woolite.
MNDollman wrote:I've only used diluted Woolite on Cindy. It works really well and is available damn near anywhere I would think.
Now I never tried this method with my gals. They do have their own cleaner however that works pretty well.....

Lately I've found this is harder to come by. Thanks to Mr. Gasket though, I found this same item has been repackaged.
Mr_Gasket wrote:
ChikkinNoodul wrote:I'd like to buy some TeddyBabe, er, -bear cleaner, but I don't know where I can get it here in Germany... any ideas?
You might try a high-end toy store, the kind that sells those huge stuffed animals for hundreds of dollars... Otherwise you will have to order from the internet. I found a similar product from GUND here:

I purchased this item and on the label it states that it was made for Gund by Siege Chemical Company, makers of the previous cleaner. It works the same as the previous Teddy Bear Cleaner, so I'm sure its the same thing, just repackaged.

Siber
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Siber »

:(

I had to move some posts to their own thread. The discussion did not fit this post, which is a sticky for ways to clean Teddy Babes.

Once when I ran out of my typical teddy bear cleaner for my gals, decided to try something I had here at home:

Guess what, it worked well.

Pit_Viper
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pit_Viper »

Yesterday I found really bad dog paw stains on Lisas leg and inner thigh. I don't know how long they were there, but they were pretty set in. I wanted to get that Woolite spray, but Walgreens was out. So, I bought this instead:

Sprayed it in, worked it in a bit, and cleaned it off 3 minutes later with a damp cloth. Those stains are gone. Clean as the day she left the factory.

It was on sale too.

johnb

Post by johnb »

Pit_Viper wrote:Yesterday I found really bad dog paw stains on Lisas leg and inner thigh.
Naughty dog!

Pit_Viper
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pit_Viper »

johnb wrote:
Pit_Viper wrote:Yesterday I found really bad dog paw stains on Lisas leg and inner thigh.
Naughty dog!
No, it wasn't THAT. :lol:

I put Lisa away from him when I'm gone. He likes to "snuggle" her and I think he got his paws on Lisas leg and thigh. I don't know how long the stain was there, but it was set in pretty long from the looks of it. I never thought it could be cleaned, but this Clorox Oxi Magic seemed to have done the trick nicely.

butchatron
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by butchatron »

I use a cocktail of OxiClean, Woolite and fabric softener to clean Stacy with and it keeps her looking as fresh as the day I got her. I just mix all three into a spray bottle with hot water, hose her down, scrub her with a damp cloth, then go back over her with another damp cloth the get any residue left behind, give her a blowjob (with the hair dryer, of course) and she's ready to rock.
All Hail Butchatron! <br /><br />Stacy's Album<br /><a href="http://www.teddybabechronicles.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=32">http://www.teddybabechronicles.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=32</a>

mindvampire

Post by mindvampire »

Hi there again after a while.

I found a method and got the Idea from Vorwerk

picture:

link: http://kobold.vorwerk.com/de/produkte/polsterboy-420/

This little boy has 2 rotating brushes with 4000rpm and a vacuum cleaner connector (this thingie has a special connector, so you either need a Vorwerk vac or a special power cable).

Sorry this might look like an ad, but it is not. We have this little thing at home and it is awesome.

And Dawn really enjoys the massage. :D

The most obvious "dirt" are skin particles going into the "furr",
which you can easily remove with this helper.

A cheaper variant is a normal plastic comb and manual arm power.
*rubb,rubb,rubb,...* and then use a normal vac.
However, be carefull at nose and lips.

MV
Last edited by tchon on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link - cannot fixpicture as vorwerk forbids hotlinking
In memory of the beloved and unforgotten
A Phoenix raises from the ashes of Dawn.

Image - Image
Dawn's Passport (Archive) - Phoenix's Passport

SpiritfireM
Retired Server Admin
Retired Server Admin

Post by SpiritfireM »

I was at the grocery store today shopping, and found this stuff:

I decided to give it a try. It sprays like a gel. I tried some with Andrea Rose today, and it worked like a charm. Cleans great, leaves a pleasant scent, and rinses away easy with a wet washcloth. It's got nothing harsh in it.

The ingredient list is: purified water, plant based cleaning agent, borax, citric acid, and enzymes. Contains small amounts of synthetic fragrance, stabalizers, and preservative.

It cleaned her very well, in fact removed some...er...stains...that I didn't catch last time I cleaned her. :oops:

Anyway. it cost me like less than 3 bucks a bottle at walmart. I decided to try this stuff because of it being natural. I'm satisfied with it.

Coyote9
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Re: Cleaning Teddy Babes

Post by Coyote9 »

Has anyone tried one of the uv c sanitizing wands? They are recommended for disinfecting and sanitizing teddy bears. Here are a couple of examples.

http://www.discountcleaningproducts.com ... ightmd.htm
http://www.discountcleaningproducts.com ... d-2d04.htm

Seems like this would be a good way to keep your dolls free of bacteria and viruses. But would something like this also break down stains?

BopTop

Post by BopTop »

Those UV wands look to be a safe alternative to a disinfectant - killing germs. However, I do not think they would remove stains, grime, or the build up of dust/dirt in the short pile of the teddy babe "skin".

Still, an interesting alternative to chemical disinfectants, nice find. :thumbs_up:
Teddy Babe Katherine [url=http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10317]Kat's Pics[/url]<br />[url=http://www.dollforum.com/matrix/public_html/matrix_teddybabes/katherine_tina_passport.htm]Kat on the Matrix![/url]

plushero

Post by plushero »

Hi,

Not quite sure if this is the correct thread but I was looking for tips in maintaining TBs hair. What type of cleaner/ shampoo do you use? I also seem to remember someone saying they used fabric softener to keep the hair tangle free after washing. Does anyone do this themselves and if so, how much fabric softener do use and how do you apply it? Any other hair tips would be appreciated too.

thanks.

synthyours
Server Admin Emeritus
Server Admin Emeritus

Post by synthyours »

plushero wrote:Hi,

Not quite sure if this is the correct thread but I was looking for tips in maintaining TBs hair. What type of cleaner/ shampoo do you use? I also seem to remember someone saying they used fabric softener to keep the hair tangle free after washing. Does anyone do this themselves and if so, how much fabric softener do use and how do you apply it? Any other hair tips would be appreciated too.

thanks.
I used Revlon brand texturized wig cleaner and Revlon brand leave-in wig conditioner. I also recommend getting rid of the EW wig and getting something else.

plushero

Post by plushero »

Thanks for that. I will see if I can get some tomorrow.

I like her standard hair so will stick with that just now, as long as I can keep it looking good anyway. I have been looking at other hair though, in particular a short one for night time but havent found I like yet..at least not for a price I can afford. Never knew wigs were so expensive 8O .

INFORMATIONS