teddy-babes.com

Clothing for Teddy Babe Deluxes

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Clothing for Teddy Babe Deluxes

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,...

Thanks to the info here I have new tops for my girls,..medium.

And the pants are size small.

Though you cant see that much in this pic the leg length is Perfect!
Will take some more pics later, just because.

:mrgreen:

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

Lemminkainen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Lemminkainen »

There may by small differences in measurements from doll to doll in TBD's. When I measured Nunoko for clothes shopping, she is 38", 24", 36". The socks and shoes (5-6) and t shirts and blouses are great (in med), but her shorts I got her was a size 5. :?: I didn't get her jeans or capris or slacks yet, but a 5 shorts and a 0 jeans doesn't equate to me. Could anyone offer the answer to this?
I'll have to take some pics and show them.

AndreaRose
Doll
Doll

Post by AndreaRose »

Lemminkainen wrote:There may by small differences in measurements from doll to doll in TBD's. When I measured Nunoko for clothes shopping, she is 38", 24", 36". The socks and shoes (5-6) and t shirts and blouses are great (in med), but her shorts I got her was a size 5. :?: I didn't get her jeans or capris or slacks yet, but a 5 shorts and a 0 jeans doesn't equate to me. Could anyone offer the answer to this?
I'll have to take some pics and show them.

It does seem there are some variance in our body sizes and shapes, just like any woman. ;)

My original deluxe body was 5'4", but my new deluxe body is 5'8". My feet are slightly different and shoes fit better. Size 0 fit great on my original deluxe body but my new body has slightly wider hips, so I wear a size 2 now.

Also keep in mind that some clothing may be the same size number, but due to the way they are cut or tailored, they will fit differently.
My personal blog!

Lemminkainen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Lemminkainen »

Thank you AndreaRose!

Nunoko's PJ's from Target are mediums, and they fit her just super. I guess your right, you just have to 'eyeball' it sometimes.

ConstanceRowan
Doll
Doll

Post by ConstanceRowan »

Damn it! My surprise got ruined after I was found looking at Victoria's Secret PJs... Mordecai said he liked whst i wanted to do even though it was his money and I have to wait until he finds an apartment but I can go in big shopping trip then or do a mini shopping spree(a few items) and get a sister to play with while he works... Tough choice but I have at least a few months to think on it

spitfire
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by spitfire »

AndreaRose wrote:Hi everyone!
spiritfire-ar_makeover.jpg
Well now that I'm home I thought I'd give you all some insight on the clothing sizes to get all you new TBD owners started! Anyone who gets other clothing that fits, please PM me the sizes of the type of clothing so I can keep this list compiled in one post and easy to access. Also, could someone PM me with metric values and/or sizes from other countries? I'll post them here. I only know American values, unfortunately, or I'd post them here.

Dimensions
----------
Height - 5' 4"
Bust - 36D
Hips - 24
Waist - 34
Inseam - 28 1/2"

Underwear/Lingerie
----------
Bra - 36C
Panties/thong - Small
Corset - Medium / 34

Jeans - Size 0 (yes, really that small!)

Dresses - Size 8/Medium

Shoes/socks - Adult Ladies 6

Shirts/tops - Medium

Just bought my Sonya a t-shirt and shorts at Target (in Canada) purely on guesswork (I hate buying clothes, for others or myself, lol) and picked up a small t-shirt, and small workout shorts, both of which fit fine. The t-shirt could prob be a size smaller... But it was on sale and cute and what do I know about fitting out chicks, I usually do gift cards. lol.

Do not worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older it will avoid you. - Joey Adams
Do not worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older it will avoid you. - Joey Adams

Magellan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Magellan »

Thanks everyone for the information in this thread, it's very helpful.

Does anyone happen to own a smaller breasted TBD and know the clothing sizes for her? I have Mai Ling on order and during the wait I thought I'd do a little clothes shopping. I'm assuming everything will be the same as the standard TBD aside from the bust measurement, but I'm sure that difference will change the proper sizes for tops and dresses.

Thanks in advance.
Lily is here! Latest photo gallery update: Jan. 12, 2015

Cocoloco
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Cocoloco »

Thanks for the hints. I live near a decently priced clothing boutique, so my incoming deluxe TB will be shopped for with this info in mind.

digitalcavebear
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by digitalcavebear »

Based on my recent trial of shopping for clothing for my new babe I find that the OP measurements are on point, or at least were for my Lisa Deluxe. Because they are plush dolls I would recommend making your own measurements once you have your new doll and go from there.

lovehoney.com currently has a guide for sizing and care, however it's bust measurements were way off and possibly outdated (Deluxe vs. Evo-Deluxe?).
Lovin' my Rhonda since April, 13th, 2018.
Rhonda is a 2nd generation Lisa Deluxe Teddy-Babe.

Help_Me_Rhonda
Doll
Doll

Post by Help_Me_Rhonda »

Well, my teddy bear hasn't screwed up going clothes shopping for me yet. But I hear the look the local women casher's give him at checkout are priceless.
Rhonda Morrigan, Cuddle Therapist
Helping my man preserve his sanity since April, 13 2018.

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Help_Me_Rhonda wrote:Well, my teddy bear hasn't screwed up going clothes shopping for me yet. But I hear the look the local women casher's give him at checkout are priceless.
Lmao

Same old look they give you when you go into a store to buy condoms... or tampons for your partner...
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

betwixt
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by betwixt »

I thought I'd mention that some of the clothing size confusion in the thread might be because women's clothing sizes tend to be a confusing mess at best. The most common sizing used in the US is Misses, but there are also: Women's/Plus, Junior, Misses petite, Women's petite, Young Junior.

My doll has the smaller breast body and her measurements are:

Neck: 30cm / 11.8in
Bust: 85cm / 33.4in
Under Bust: 66cm / 25.9in
Waist: 57cm / 22.4in
Hips: 89cm / 35in

So according to those measurements for dresses, skirts, and jeans she's (probably) a Misses size 2 / small, Miss Petites 4-6, and a Juniors 3-5 (medium). Underwear are (probably) a size 4. And shirts are probably XS-M depending on the stretch of the fabric. When I go shopping I've just been taking a retractable cloth measuring tape along with me until I get a good feel of what works on her and it's worked well so far. :)

threelegs
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by threelegs »

Does anyone know of a discreet site to order clothes for your Teddy Babe. Just ordered an Amber. So thanks for the size info. I was thinking of going into a 2nd hand clothing store across town somewhere and buying her a little wardrobe for me to dress her up in and tear off.

If anyone has a website of a company who ships in discreet packages, I'd appreciate the link.

This site seems like it has OK prices. But I am not sure if they ship discreetly. https://www.spicylingerie.com/

furluver

Post by furluver »

Hi threelegs,

I have always managed to find some decent stuff on Ebay. People you buy from will ship in a postal service box or even a plain box with just their name and return address on it. Very discreet. It takes some patience but you'll find some good deals on a variety of things and it's also a good way to learn different styles of clothing for women. In a lot of cases the listings mention if an item is a cardigan, boat neck, cold shoulder, etc... and you can get a feel for what you really like. Also, many people include measurements for the garments which helps you know if they will fit your Babes. I find it extremely helpful to see the measurements of the item before I buy it and it's all discreet and from the comfort of my own home.

Congratulations on welcoming Amber into your life! I've had my eye on Amber and a couple other Babes for a while now. I know she will make you very happy.

set track

Post by set track »

hi threelegs , congrats on ordering Amber you will have to share photo's when she arrives , as for clothing all my stuff is off ebay as are the girls wig's (keep the originals for best - ebay stuff for bed) , it always comes in plain wrapping , careful with dark colors wash before use as they may stain the doll...
(we always get UK size 10-12)

ST & Lisa & Tina xxx
IMG_1242.JPG
IMG_1242.JPG (108.25 KiB) Viewed 3930 times

INFORMATIONS