teddy-babes.com

Here's my cheap and easy closed eyelids

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
tchon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Here's my cheap and easy closed eyelids

Post by tchon »

At the risk of derailing this thread I want to say that I do not find this ridiculous at all.
For me the dolls serve as a replacement for the relationships that I cannot or at least currently do not have in real live, and treating them respectful is some kind of training in behaving respectfully those for whom they stand in.

Some anecdote: when I came back from the last doll meeting I have attended I stopped by a friend of mine who lives halfway. She is not into dolls, not at all, but when in the evening I put Mariams eyelids on, she first kept talking as usual, but then looked at my doll, lowered her voice and said "Oh, shhh, a sleeping doll, lets not wake her up.".
Completely natural reaction, if you ask me. :angel:

dolldoer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dolldoer »

Zang wrote:Nicely done! They are just the right size, and that's a great job on the glitter effect.
Thank you. I was working on new eyes and had taken a picture of her, so when I got the right sizing and printed it I could cut out the eyes and use them to trace out a pair of lids.
tchon wrote:Foam! I never thought about that! Great idea, I will look at my local homework store to see if they have this stuff, too.
Your lady looks happy and relaxed with her lids closed, not to mention very beautiful.
Thanks, I also had some foam sheets with larger glitter already adhered to it, but the glitter didn't seem to stay on too well and I was afraid it would come off too easily and get all over the place. The stuff I used worked out well. I was happy with the effect. Also, thanks for complimenting her, I agree she is very attractive.

dolldoer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dolldoer »

OK, I couldn't resist making a glitter covered foam eyelid set. Eyelid is red glitter covered foam with black felt eyelashes glued to the edge. Isn't that what our dolls are for, to dress up and play with?
Attachments
20170206_182810.jpg
20170206_182810.jpg (670.73 KiB) Viewed 3890 times
20170206_182947.jpg
20170206_182947.jpg (706.32 KiB) Viewed 3890 times
20170206_183135.jpg
20170206_183135.jpg (741.73 KiB) Viewed 3890 times

DarkAdonis

Post by DarkAdonis »

They look great! I have to try these foam ones. I love that top too btw ;)

dolldoer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dolldoer »

DarkAdonis wrote:They look great! I have to try these foam ones. I love that top too btw ;)
Thanks DarkAdonis, This is a great mod, really makes a difference for your TB. Simple or complex it is a major change once you do it. Ever since I saw this thread I wanted to try something that mg4 did, which was half closed lids. Here is my latest creation for sleepy, sexy eyes...
01.jpg
01.jpg (67.25 KiB) Viewed 3869 times
02.jpg
02.jpg (202.75 KiB) Viewed 3869 times
Using green glitter foam sheet I cut the shape and then added false eyelashes (1 and 1/2 pieces because one piece doesn't go fully across the lid). I used "Loctite vinyl, fabric & plastic glue" to adhere the lashes. I did a little black marker coloring on the bottom edge of the lid to simulate an eye liner and attached with a very thin strip of carpet tape.
03.jpg
03.jpg (191.34 KiB) Viewed 3869 times
04.jpg
04.jpg (266.22 KiB) Viewed 3869 times
05.jpg
05.jpg (255.07 KiB) Viewed 3869 times
Sorry some of my pictures are not that sharp. I'm only using a cell phone camera and I'm not that good a photographer.

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Oh, wow, those sleepy eyes really turned out amazing! Best I've seen for sure. I'm going to have to try and copy that idea.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Holy crap dolldoer! She looks amazing! :thumbs_up: By the way, what model is she? She is certainly one sexy lady with this eyelash mod.
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

Once again, nicely done, dolldoer! :thumbs_up: I'd say you are advancing the range of what's possible with Teddy Babe eyelids.

By the way, Stewie, those vivid green eyes can only belong to a "Lisa"-model babe. 8)

DarkAdonis

Post by DarkAdonis »

@dolldoer Love it! They turned out really well...wonder if I can do a small piece for the bottom..would make my tina models eyes look so much better...

dolldoer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dolldoer »

Thanks for the compliments, it is good encouragement for me to do different mods on my TB. Zang is absolutely correct in that my doll is a standard Lisa model. And thanks, Zang for starting this thread!

A word of caution, as I was working on making entirely new eyes I ended up delaminating one of the original eyes with the carpet tape I used. It wasn't a big deal to masking tape around the eye and apply elmers glue to re-glue it together, but it made me be a lot more careful on how much double sided tape to use (mainly very little) for the eylids!
"DarkAdonis"]@dolldoer Love it! They turned out really well...wonder if I can do a small piece for the bottom..would make my tina models eyes look so much better...
Not sure what the Tina's eyes look like, but it might be easier to make a new set of her eyes then add whatever you want to them (eylashes, etc) then tape them on the original eyes. That way you won't ruin the original and can always revert back to them.

technoir
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by technoir »

dolldoer wrote:
DarkAdonis wrote:They look great! I have to try these foam ones. I love that top too btw ;)
Thanks DarkAdonis, This is a great mod, really makes a difference for your TB. Simple or complex it is a major change once you do it. Ever since I saw this thread I wanted to try something that mg4 did, which was half closed lids. Here is my latest creation for sleepy, sexy eyes...
01.jpg
02.jpg
Using green glitter foam sheet I cut the shape and then added false eyelashes (1 and 1/2 pieces because one piece doesn't go fully across the lid). I used "Loctite vinyl, fabric & plastic glue" to adhere the lashes. I did a little black marker coloring on the bottom edge of the lid to simulate an eye liner and attached with a very thin strip of carpet tape.
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
Sorry some of my pictures are not that sharp. I'm only using a cell phone camera and I'm not that good a photographer.
Your pictures are great, no worries there.
I am loving these eyelids they look really cool, I may have a go at making some of those.
And that's your lady? she is a smasher, congratulations .
Teccie and the girls.

dolldoer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dolldoer »

Thanks Teccie and Girls! The Girls are so attractive and sexy. I love the outfits you put together and the poses. I can't imagine them getting sexier, but those eyelids might add a little something. The glitter ones would seem to be their style!

Xephyr
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Xephyr »

Damn it's magical. Really adds some personality to them.

DarkAdonis

Post by DarkAdonis »

So I managed to find some foam sheets with glitter already on them and a pack of 4 false lashes in the pound shops around town so this cost me a measly £2, but the effect is dramatic!
Unfortunately I am really really crap at most craft-type things so I will have another go soon and try and get a better shape/fit, tracing the outlines of her eyes was harder than I imagined....
@dolldoer Thats a good idea, what really annoys me about them is the gaps between her printed lashes are white instead of skin coloured so they look really odd, there is a scan of the tina eyes on here that looks a bit better (I can probably use this to make better lids too, assuming the eyes are the same shape anyway..) but my printer is broken so its on the back burner for the moment.
Attachments
sleepyeyes.jpg
sleepyeyes.jpg (622.85 KiB) Viewed 3824 times

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

DarkAdonis wrote:Unfortunately I am really really crap at most craft-type things so I will have another go soon and try and get a better shape/fit, tracing the outlines of her eyes was harder than I imagined....
Yeah, I'm the same way; I always hated art projects in school. I threw away quite a few attempts and the eyelids she kept are still kinda... a little crude. That being said, yours look pretty good I think. Maybe it's just that people are more critical of their own work than that of others. Plus, due to their unrealistic almost cartoony nature, there's quite a bit of leeway and they can still look decent. Although I always meant to try again and do a better job, I'm still happy with even my sub-par eyelids. Any eyelids make such a difference- especially for a doll that excels at laying in bed and sleeping with you like a Teddy Babe does!

If you do try it again, it maybe wouldn't hurt to make them slightly bigger. Not that I'm the expert on eyelids- mine are below average so I should probably refrain from commenting at all, but I wonder if it isn't a pretty good thing to try at least. Audrey's eyelids are a bit bigger than her eyes, which makes it all the more forgiving and, I think, somehow adds some extra cuteness factor.

INFORMATIONS