teddy-babes.com

Deluxe vs Original Teddy Babe - Buyer's Guide

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
footgundoll
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Deluxe vs Original Teddbabe - Buyer's Guide

Post by footgundoll »

from the study we can see: every aspect you descriped in your report is so professional ,the conclusion is really utilitarian for those who is to purchase a tedy-babe,

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

I have to agree with D.A. I have been joined by a Standard today and have noticed very significant differences, apart from the obvious, between Cindy (OT) and my beloved Jess (TD).

Cindy is much less densely stuffed (pardon the term) than Jess and far more flexible. That combined with the smaller frame and lighter weight does mean she is a very compliant lover, and easier to pose.

Jess, being much firmer and more solid, combined with her larger size, is much more realistic to cuddle and she has always felt very comforting and securing in bed at night.

Is one better than the other? Overall NO! Each has their charm, Each has their plus points and Each will be loved just as much as the other.

Karrot.
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

I am glad that this review has helped so many of you make your selection.

I recently ordered a Fabric Anime Doll from BeautifulDolls. After I have owned this doll for some time, I plan to do a Teddybabe versus Fabric Anime Doll comparison. The Fabric Anime Doll is the closest "in-this-class of doll" competitor to the Teddybabe.

I will always love Teddybabe but as a long-time (20 year) DollAfficionado, I am always expanding my knowledge of the world of dolls.

D.A.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

Missionary
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Deluxe vs Original Teddy Babe - Buyer's Guide

Post by Missionary »

As a new guest of a Tina TBD with the new skin, I can tell you the definition of sliky has been revised. The new TBDs are also softer and lighter with a new kind of polyfill. My Tina has large boobs that I requested - I was a breast-fed baby, oh those imprints stay with you for ever. But I am in trouble; Last night on my way to heaven with Tina I was close to losing consciousness.

ARK ANGEL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ARK ANGEL »

DollAfficionado wrote:A note to potential buyers:

Remember that this versus-based review is really splitting hairs. You are sure to enjoy your Teddybabe regardless which type you purchase. To reiterate: if your Teddybabe will primarily serve as a travel doll, I strongly recommend the Teddybabe Original; travelling with the TO is just so much easier than the Teddybabe Deluxe - {experience to back it up}.

Great info, nice work DollAfficionado.

This totally saves me asking a heap of questions I had about my next acquisition, as I plan on camping out in my 4x4, I have a queen mattress insulation and netting set up in the canopy boudoir style, an element I have dreamed of adding to my bush outings.

I run into the occasional fellow 4WDer, and my girl would fast become the center of unwanted attention, so a quickly managed hiding spot is going to be much easier with an original size TB.

Pete&Carly.

notjoeaverage

Post by notjoeaverage »

Thanks for taking the time and sharing this great info.

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

It is good to see that this thread has been useful to so many.

Please note that with Eighth Wonder's new dolls and some new doll features that this comparison may now be outdated in some parts.

I greatly enjoyed my 8 years with various Teddybabes, but I have since moved onto the TPE doll experience.

I have not owned a Teddybabe for about a year now, so I hope someone here will step up and take over this thread to keep an updated Buyer's Guide for those comtemplating a Teddybabe.

Teddybabes are nice dolls at an affordable price, but I decided that it was time for me to move onto the next frontier.

D.A.
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

ilikethedolls2015
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ilikethedolls2015 »

OK just discovered (quite literally) a whole world of possibilities! I had no idea that there were so many real options for lonely fellas like myself. New to this forum. Will be purchasing a Teddybabe in the next 1-2 weeks and saving up for a cheaper silicone doll. Love the work of Real Dolls (they really do look like real women), but just not financially in a position to afford something that's gonna cost me almost $8000 once currency conversion and post is taken in to consideration. Going to use the Teddybabe for cuddling and the silicone for...well, you know what lol If my emotional and physical needs are met, I think I'm going to feel a new man. Was never going to consider a prostitute as an option, as I don't pay for STDS ;)

FEZMONKEY

Post by FEZMONKEY »

Must add my thanks to the contributors of this forum. I work a lot from home and find after 2o plus years of marriage that it is difficult sleeping alone in a hotel bed. Having read the great posts here I opted for an original teddy babe 'Lisa' model as the size makes her easier to transport and store, hide, at home.
Since my bed buddies arrival in January I have been very happy with her and find that Lucy comes out of hiding at home as much as she shares my bed on away trips.
Thanks for the advice all of you in making my choice the right one for me.

older one
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by older one »

Great thread. Seeing pictures of the two dolls is helpful, but scale is always hard to conceive. What would really help (me decide which to buy) is updated measurements for the current models. (Standard Vs. Deluxe). I found the sticky with Jansays thread on "clothing" for Teddy babes really helpful with the precise measurements from Siber's link for a "standard" model, but its from Nov. 2 2008. Usual Measurements like the circumference at bust, waist, and hips are good. But having specific updated measurements for both the Deluxe and Standard dolls - like top of shoulder to tip of finger, width from outer Shoulder to outer shoulder, top of head to bottom of crotch via cleavage route, neck length, bottom of neck to crotch, crotch to tip of toe length, width across top of hips, width across top of waist, top of breast to back (thickness), would really give you a better "Picture" of the different dimensions between these two dolls in sizes. Can someone please provide these measurements? (And years of the dolls measured manufacture?)

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

The problem with measurements on Teddybabes of all vintages and models is that they differ from doll to doll. We have girls out there manufactured in the same year differing by inches in height, so we can only talk in general terms.

Current Teddybabe Deluxes appear to be between 5'5 and 5'8 where as Standards are 3'11 to 4'2 in height.

My Deluxe Vs Standard (Both 2012 models I believe)
Height 60" 48"
Head To Groin 28 " 23"
Neck to Groin 19" 15"
Shoulder Width 15" 12"

Hope that helps some

Karrot
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

JustinBridou
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JustinBridou »

Not only sizes varies depending of the production year, but also used materials.
As announced on the official site, the manufacturer wrote:Deluxe models are larger and more realistically proportioned than those of our (smaller) Standard models, and are now made with NEW AND IMPROVED, 40% silkier velvety-plush material.
This is true, the material used for STANDARD and the DELUXE is not currently (spring 2016) the same.
The macro photos below, compare the skin material for both models manufactured in 2016. A reverse brushed section is also displayed, to highlight the differences.

Side by side, the TB velvet seems much more coarse and rough than TBD. But, don't believe that TB are rough ! they are soft... and TBD are very soft :wink:
Attachments
TB and TBD skin comparison
TB and TBD skin comparison
SkinTBTBD.jpg (173.16 KiB) Viewed 7035 times
ImageJustinBridou & familyImage
Iris & Mitsu - OR138, Nolwenn, Liz, Canelle & Cléo - Deluxe/Teddy babes, Vanille - Valentina Girl,Evelyne - Textile doll, The army of minis - because size don't care!

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

So the way I'm reading this is that only the deluxe is using the new material? So the standard is still the same? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

JustinBridou
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JustinBridou »

This is correct.

Teddy Babes are still manufactured with the original material, while Deluxes are manufactured with a new velvet skin.

At this time (fall 2016), it can also say that this was not a transition state (like, the new velvet first introduce on Deluxe and then, later on Standard). There is currently two lines of products, with different material (of course, this can change in the future, but nobody known).

The "40% softer velvet" may look like a commercial argument, but believe me, this is really true. I don't know, how they measure the 40% :roll: , but I can say that there is a VERY BIG difference between the two materials. If your budget and space are not a concern, I recommend a Deluxe.
ImageJustinBridou & familyImage
Iris & Mitsu - OR138, Nolwenn, Liz, Canelle & Cléo - Deluxe/Teddy babes, Vanille - Valentina Girl,Evelyne - Textile doll, The army of minis - because size don't care!

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Thanks JustinBridou! It's strange that they didn't go with the new material on the standard. :? Now my next question my be hard to answer, but is there anything to compare the feel and softness to? I assume that there would be no difference in the feel if they are dressed? Also how realistic would they feel when dressed? Would it be like holding a real woman wearing PJs or a nightie? Thanks in advance for any help! :thumbs_up:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

INFORMATIONS