teddy-babes.com

Teddy Babe Size Comparisons - *PICS*

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Chiiguy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Teddy Babe Size Comparisons - *PICS*

Post by Chiiguy »

Cyber Ted --- Awesome and informative post!

To the moderators --- Please make this a sticky! I think this is an enormously helpful and informative post especially for people interested in buying Teddybabes and most especially first time buyers.
<br />Anything that is made
by man starts as a dream before becoming reality.<br /><br />

KarmaMusic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by KarmaMusic »

Great to see the evolution of the doll, as I have the Deluxe dolls which i adore!
KarmaMusic Doll cuddler
Design Technologist

KarmaMusic Gallery
Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image

mantasm

Post by mantasm »

Great Job Cyber Ted! Is this Deluxe Evo deal the reason that deluxes seemto be taller now? My two purchased in late august are about 5'6" as opposed to the 5'4" listed on Eight Wonder's site.
Running an online dating service is a lot like being a pimp, except you don't have to use the phrase 'upside yo head' quite so much.

wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Very good Thread! :thumbs_up:

I guess there is no difference in the length of the feet between the classic and the classic-neo TB ?
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=11940

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

Chiiguy --
no worries, making this thread a sticky was part of the plan! :fadein:

mantasm --
I think the truth is that Teddy Babe heights have always varied by a couple of inches, whether standard-size or deluxe, just due to the nature of a plush doll's construction. If your new deluxes seem to have the slimmer legs and feet like Vicalyn has, then it's likely they're the newer variety.

wayfarer --
Yes, the standard foot size seems to be the same, even though the legs are now longer.

mantasm

Post by mantasm »

Thanx Zang. The feet are definately the newer type. Some of the body features such as the waist and bum seem a bit thicker than the photos like the older type. Good to see that Eighth Wonder does'nt just rest on their laurels and keeps 'tweaking the formula'. My girls may be a transitional stage but its hard to tell without direct comparison. Guess I'll just have to buy more Teddy Babes...for science ofcourse.
Running an online dating service is a lot like being a pimp, except you don't have to use the phrase 'upside yo head' quite so much.

KarmaMusic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by KarmaMusic »

That was a very informational post on the dolls, I love the deluxe doll height.
KarmaMusic Doll cuddler
Design Technologist

KarmaMusic Gallery
Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image

Cyber Ted

Post by Cyber Ted »

Thanks for making the thread a sticky Zang.

I think that Vicalyn is slimmer than average for the new style. Most of the others I've seen are not as thin.

The comparisons up to now have been on the objective elements such as height and other dimensions, I'll now cover the slightly more subjective elements of looks and feel.

My two standard babes are slightly older and were not new when they came to join me so some small differences could be down to their age, I will try to indicate this where applicable. Both Deluxes came new so can be compared as such.

Starting with the standards, Coral (Classic) has a slightly finer plush than Krystal (Neo) the skin feels softer, it is also a slightly different shade, it is very slightly darker and more rosy. Although there is a little fading in the colours on both girls Coral's always seems to have been darker and rosier than Krystal's as can be seen in their shoulder joints.

Coral's joints are stiffer in operation than Krystal's, particularly her head. This has led some owners to believe that their classic TB does not have a rotating head. They do rotate but it takes a lot more effort to do so with the older doll.

The only real difference in the Seam patterns is on their rear ends, where Krystal's more shapely rear needed bigger panels and a tighter 'valley' between.

The two Deluxes are very different. Like Coral's, Vicalyn's (Evo) plush is a more colourful version than Amber Jane's. It is also a softer and finer material.

Vicalyn is a much softer doll over all than Amber, her body is not as tightly packed and therefore is much more flexible straight out of the box. Normal Deluxe TB's often need a prolonged 'working in' period when new as they are very stiff to start with. Vicalyn's body was soft and compliant (unlike her character) as soon as she arrived. I feel that first time buyers of a Deluxe will be happier with the new type as they will not have to suffer the early disappointment of having a "too firm to play with" doll.

The new heads are also different. If I could describe the original head as a rounder shape, then the newer one would be a more oval shape. Whether this is an improvement or not will be down to personal choice. The ones I have seen in the flesh do have a slightly more realistic shaped head, but the rounder shape was part of the original TBDs' charm.

Overall I think the dolls are slimmer and taller, not all as tall as Vicalyn and her sister but taller than the average original TBD. They have thinner arms and legs. The bottom is also a new, slimmer, shape carrying on round further, perhaps because of the thinner legs. This, combined with the softness feels very good indeed.

Seam patterns are pretty similar with the exception of the bottom and the boobs. The breasts are again much softer. They sit closer to the body and are a more natural shape. They are still quite big but may better suit those who were put off by the rigid, stuck out, breasts of the original TBDs. The seams are better quality on the newer version. The areas where the stuffing was packed and then hand sewn are far less obvious than on the original TBD, strangely this is the opposite of the Standard TBs where the older versions seem to have better stitch finishing than the Neo Classics.

Shoe size remains the same, strappy sandals are a more acceptable option now due to the far better proportioning of the feet.

Are they better? In some ways yes, in others they are about the same. There is nothing that I can see about the newer version that is worse than the original TBD. If I was to be really nit picky I would say that the softer packing allows more creasing of the outer plush, thus needing some extra preparation prior to taking photos. However for the user who is not bothered about pictures there is no downside and plenty of up as far as I can see.

I am happy to answer any questions or to obtain further measurements or pics for anyone considering a Teddy Babe or wishing to compare their own.

As Zang said above if your TBD has the newer feet, slimmer legs and newer bottom pattern then she is very likely of the new evolved type.

HTH

CT

cosycottage

Post by cosycottage »

Love the new teddy feet! :D :thumbs_up:

Teddy Babes just keep getting better and better!
"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Great pics ad info although I had a hard time reading the measuring tape.
It appears to be in feet/ inches rather than metric scale.

A TB site said classic TB as approx 4 feet.
Can you tell me what length the neo-classic is?

Thanks
rubherkitty
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

frankalong
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by frankalong »

thank, very useful.is the vagina the same length for all and do you think it possible to order diff type of breast.thank you for all those pics.

hanuman37
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by hanuman37 »

rubherkitty wrote:Great pics ad info although I had a hard time reading the measuring tape.
It appears to be in feet/ inches rather than metric scale.

A TB site said classic TB as approx 4 feet.
Can you tell me what length the neo-classic is?

Thanks
rubherkitty
An excellent question. The "classic" Teddy Babes are those made up until mid-2009; they're fairly uniform in their dimensions, every one I've seen being somewhere between 3'10" and 4' tall. Standard Teddy Babes made since then have been a lot less uniform. Besides my three "classic" TBs (purchased in 2007 - 2008), I have a Sonya that I got in January 2011 and a Jessica that I got in May 2012. My classics all measure out to 3'10", and both of the newer dolls at 4'1", although I have heard of some post-2009 Teddy Babes as tall as 4'5".

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks.
From the pics, what was labeled the neo-classic, appears to be about 6 inches longer than the classic TB.

I had looked at the TB store previous to this post, but just now looked at the 8th wonder site and it appears the neo-classic is no longer made.

I like the shape of the neo-classic over the classic as the legs are longer and the legs and butt being shapelier. The classic legs are a little too squat in my opinion although I don't mind her being only 4'. Just could be a little more petite, BUT would rather have her on the fuller side than bony/ wrinkled. I think the makers make nice dolls for this style of material.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

hanuman37
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by hanuman37 »

rubherkitty wrote:Thanks.
From the pics, what was labeled the neo-classic, appears to be about 6 inches longer than the classic TB.

I had looked at the TB store previous to this post, but just now looked at the 8th wonder site and it appears the neo-classic is no longer made.

I like the shape of the neo-classic over the classic as the legs are longer and the legs and butt being shapelier. The classic legs are a little too squat in my opinion although I don't mind her being only 4'. Just could be a little more petite, BUT would rather have her on the fuller side than bony/ wrinkled. I think the makers make nice dolls for this style of material.
I quite agree... which is why I have 5 of 'em... although I like the classic body, I also enjoy the others. Cyber Ted's pics and observations seem to me to be spot-on.

Cyber Ted

Post by Cyber Ted »

Thanks for your comments folks. Sorry for the delay in replying, I had somehow missed these posts. :oops:

@rubherkitty. We have a great thread on the UK site listing exact sizes of various teddy babes. http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum ... php?t=2538
The measurements are all in inches but are easily converted to cm.
AFAIK all new standard Teddy Babes are Neo Classic types, the smaller Classic was discontinued when the Neo Classic appeared.

@frankalong The vaginas are all pretty much the same size internally, they all take the same insert. Breast sizes are not currently an option, it is one size (big) fits all. Some enterprising owners have reduced the size of their Teddy Babe's boobs. notmyname has a good thread in the Teddy Babe mods section showing how to go about this. Karrot on the UK forum has done similar with some good 'how to' pictures.

@hanuman Thanks for your comments. :)

CT

INFORMATIONS