teddy-babes.com

Teddy Babe tattoos?

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
ProfessorPaws

Teddy Babe tattoos?

Post by ProfessorPaws »

I originally welcomed Melissa (a Deluxe Lisa) to my home back in the summer of 2010. For two and a half years we've enjoyed each others company and got along wonderfully. But fate dealt a cruel hand last month due to a sprinkler/leakypipe problem while I was out of town for a couple weeks. Don't worry, my insurance covered the whole thing, so I'm not too bad off considering how bad it COULD have been. The mold, mildew and water damage to that part of the house, as well as my precious Melissa, was a disaster though. Replacing a lot of ruined or destroyed items in (and part of) the house however means a new Teddy Babe.

So now I'm ordering a Deluxe Jessica this week and hope to spend many years snuggling together.

I didn't have the heart to just throw out the ruined plush companion and I figured my new friend would want to be there to see Melissa off on her final voyage with dignity. That, and I figured this would be a good chance to test out a couple of mods I had been considering, without risking permanent damage to a good teddy babe.

One thing that I'd been considering is tattoos or some other kind of coloration to the Teddy Babe's plush skin. Crazy I know, but I think a lower back tattoo or partial sleeve would look kinda interesting. Or maybe some subtle tanlines? But I honestly don't know what to use, or how to go about it applying it. Is there a technique I should use? A type of paint or dye that is preferable? I saw a nipple mod on here using drybrushed acrylic paint, but I don't know how well that would hold up or affect her skin over a larger surface. Nor if I would have to worry about it coming off or roughing up her softness. Then I thought about using some sort of fabric dye. Super diluted and dried with heat right away might work, but I'm wary of that as well. I'd rather not have to worry about having her rubbing off on the furniture, or even me. Just trying to explain to my coworkers in the morning why I have a spotty partial tattoo-like stain on my hands/arm/face... no thankyou.

Has anyone else tried something like a teddy babe tattoo and would be willing to lend some advice?

cosycottage

Re: Teddy Babe tattoos?

Post by cosycottage »

Hi Professor Paw,

Sorry to hear about Melissa :cry: Is it not a case of of giving her a good soak and deep wash in the bath?

As for tattoos, I know of at least one mighty fine tattooed teddy babe, but this was hand-stitched with thread.

I think it was one of the guys on the UK love forum who did this, but I can't find a link - either on here on on uk love doll forum :(

Hand-stitching with thread might be more time-consuming if you wanted a larger piece, but that's the way forward for permanent teddy babe ink.

HTH :)
"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

AirDollPlushDoll
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AirDollPlushDoll »

i would find a patch that is thin and use fabric glue. you can get patches of tons of cool stuff. i have thougth of it before. but who knows.
my dream has come true. I finally got a silicone doll. a ruby 13. her name is destiny angel. aka princess destiny.

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

Hi Professor Paws, welcome to the forum, and sorry to hear of your desaster and the fate of your Melissa. :cry: :cry: :cry:
The tattooed Teddy Babe that Cosycattage is referring to, is Fenrisulfr's Juliet.
Here is the link: http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 35&t=41846

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

I can't imagine any kind of ink or paint working well to tattoo a Teddybabe. The stitching is probably the only viable option for a decent looking tattoo. If you just want a "temporary" tattoo, you could find some stickers that you can stick to the body for fantasy play. They are probably not going to stick to the plush for very long hence this being a temporary option.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

ProfessorPaws

Post by ProfessorPaws »

Thanks for the advice and linked information. Unfortunately, I never was very good at cross-stitch.
I think may just hold off for now... wait and see what my new gal has in mind when she gets here.

GFELube
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GFELube »

This thread from 3.5 yrs ago: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=24477
...mentions using iron-ons as tattoos, either sewn or glued on.
Unfortunately most of the pics are broken, but a couple remain:
Attachments
attached in case this one disappears also
attached in case this one disappears also
photo124g.jpg (68.37 KiB) Viewed 2733 times

ProfessorPaws

Post by ProfessorPaws »

Perfect GFELube, thanks!
I think my original search of the forum only went back 3 years, so I must have missed this post.
I'll have to find a nice iron one patch and give it a shot. Well, WE'LL have to find one, once my new friend arrives.

Now if only FedEx would hurry up. My poor TBD was supposed to be here days ago, and the tracking info shows it hasn't moved in 5 days... I held out hope for the original delivery date last week, but on that day they removed the estimated delivery and haven't added a new estimate yet. :x

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Did you happen to check out my thread... maybe this would clear stuff up for you.
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Wish I was here years ago to help out but here
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=98652
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Badbrad
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Badbrad »

Yes, Samanta Faith Babe is the most well known tatty Teddybabe I know!

INFORMATIONS