teddy-babes.com

TBD variations in production

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
JustinBridou
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

TBD variations in production

Post by JustinBridou »

Hi,

Some months ago, my first TBD Nolwenn, a "Carly" model, joined the family. And recently, Nolwenn got a twin sister :roll: ... YES, again another TBD "Carly" !!!
This was not intentional and a (relative bad) surprise for me. Too long to explain why here, but I finally decide to keep her (and planned some modifications to change her look).

I got a second surprise when I open the hygienic plastic bag: this TBD "Carly" is different from the first one.

Indeed, she has some minors differences -that is normal-, but also some majors.
On the next pictures, I will show the variations between the new "Carly" (on left side) and Nolwenn (on right side).
Twin Carly
Twin Carly
Twin.jpg (87.07 KiB) Viewed 2488 times
Both dolls wears the original lingerie, that is not the same. This variation is normal and both are nice.
My new Carly comes with the same wig than Nolwenn and I changed it for a short red/black wig. I also add some accessories like, earings, necklace, gloves. Despite this, as you can notice, dolls are not identical.

Nolwenn had a label attached to her wrist, but this card was missing with my new Carly. This is not important, and I'm sure that my new Carly is not a counterfeit.
Teddy Babes Label
Teddy Babes Label
CarteTB.jpg (40.21 KiB) Viewed 2488 times
The face looks a bit different: eyes are the same, lips colors/form are similar but mouth is smaller (6 cm and 6,5 cm).
Lips and mouth
Lips and mouth
Lips.jpg (43.29 KiB) Viewed 2488 times
Neck is a bit longer, and shoulders have not the same shape.
Longer neck
Longer neck
Neck.jpg (32.66 KiB) Viewed 2488 times
Pubic hairs are also a bit different (just a minor change).
Pubic hair
Pubic hair
PubicHair.jpg (29.55 KiB) Viewed 2488 times
The MAJOR change is the tits.
Tits
Tits
Tits.jpg (30.26 KiB) Viewed 2488 times
As you can see, the seams are differents and tits are smaller (not small, but not so much big than Nolwenn's).

On this picture, the differences are very noticeable.
Differences
Differences
Morph.jpg (43.76 KiB) Viewed 2488 times
In fact, looking at the TB website, I wonder if my new Carly got the new "limited edition" Smaller Breasted body.
This one is reserved for Lauren/Daphne/Mai ling models, but I'm quite certain that I got it for my new Carly.
Looking at Lauren, she is very near to my new Carly, only eyes color and wigs are different.
Don't know if this is an error in the production line, or a definite change for 2016.

May be, other owners of recent TBD may tell us what body shape they get ?
ImageJustinBridou & familyImage
Iris & Mitsu - OR138, Nolwenn, Liz, Canelle & Cléo - Deluxe/Teddy babes, Vanille - Valentina Girl,Evelyne - Textile doll, The army of minis - because size don't care!

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: TBD variations in production

Post by IanEvans »

It's just the nature of plush that there'll be subtle variations from one doll to the next. It's not the same as pouring liquid into a mold as with silicone or TPE dolls, nor has automation quite reached the point where one can simply dump a bolt of fabric into one end of a machine and receive a finished doll from the other. So two dolls made from the same pattern by the same person on the same day will still not be exactly the same. Add to that the hand-application of their facial features, nipple color, pubes, etc., and the prospect of getting two identical dolls is pretty much nonexistent.

For example, here are Samantha and Ana, two standard Teddy Babes of the same model, of a particular version only available from 2009 to 2011 (informally dubbed the "neo-Classic"). While the difference in color is due to Ana seeing abundant activity both in and out of bed (and subsequently plenty of baths) over the past five years while Sam had been more of a cherished collectible to her previous owner, the difference in shape is not. So while I have no problem seeing them as sisters*, even with matching hair I wouldn't be able to see them as twins...well, maybe fraternal twins, but not identical.

* technically half-sisters, but only because I'd already established specifics in Ana's backstory that'd make their being full sisters impossible.

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

JustinBridou
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JustinBridou »

I agree that there is subtle variations from one doll to another, and they can't be exactly identical. In a similar category, I also own a Textile Doll that is, obviously unique, because made by hand and on demand by an artist. Sure, with TBD, there may be some variations with lips, eyes, and details. By time, there is also some evolutions, like usage of a new softer velvet for TBD.

But, I'm sure that I got the Limited Edition Smaller Breasted body with my second Carly.
The Lauren model has the same characteristics than Carly: same pubic design, French manicure, nipple color. So it's easy to manufacture a Carly from this body, changing only the blue eyes by gold, and the wig.

On this picture from Newbie98's post, , you can see that the seam on tits is vertical. While on others TBD, it's diagonal, because of the different shape. On my new Carly, the seam is also vertical, so this is not a "subtle variation" but a real change. My new Carly has the same body than Lauren.

May be, Eighth Wonder has a stock of this LE body and decide to use it for some Carly.
What I can say, is that this body is also great... and I'm happy to have both at home :mrgreen:

I'm just curious to know, if it's only an exception, or if there is some other TBD with this body (of course, except Lauren/Daphne/May Ling).

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

are the small tits better in hands. :?:
I will may buy a deluxe in future.
now I have a vicky std.
tits perfect in hands. :oops:

JustinBridou
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JustinBridou »

This depend of the size of the hand and personal taste :mrgreen: . For you, I've asked the dolls to play a little comparative show:
Teddy babes tits
Teddy babes tits
Tits.jpg (95.9 KiB) Viewed 2353 times
I had to take separates pictures, only one hand free while the other hold the camera.
Three dolls... six tits... now I understand why some people venerate Shiva :haha4:

I've no preference between my original Deluxe Carly and my "special" Carly. Both are made with the same soft velvet, tits have the same flexibility and are... confortable :roll:

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

JustinBridou wrote:This depend of the size of the hand and personal taste :mrgreen: . For you, I've asked the dolls to play a little comparative show:
Tits.jpg
I had to take separates pictures, only one hand free while the other hold the camera.
Three dolls... six tits... now I understand why some people venerate Shiva :haha4:

I've no preference between my original Deluxe Carly and my "special" Carly. Both are made with the same soft velvet, tits have the same flexibility and are... confortable :roll:
Thanks a lot.
think DL are little to big in hand.
Are you sure the other hand was on camera?..... :oops:

big thanks f :thumbs_up: or picture.
just what I need.
sorry bad english
tj

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

All of the Teddybabes I ever owned were a little bit different from one another.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

INFORMATIONS