teddy-babes.com

8 years & some pics of Yomi My TB

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Gazhan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: 8 years & some pics of Yomi My TB

Post by Gazhan »

Yomi's wig keeps falling off for some reason : / can I use the Velcro strips to keep it in place ?
Would they damage the plush in any way?
Go back to the safety pins?
What would you guys recommend?

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

use the saftey pins, some use one others use two,three or four all depends on the wig. the new wig i got for carly doesn't need any pins but the original one needed four.

carlys_guy

Gazhan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Gazhan »

Yomi's original wig only had 1 I just thought it would be easier to put in Velcro for quick easy removal of multiple types of wigs ;p, but I don't know if that would damage the plush? You guys know more about that xD I'll have a look in the 99p store for some safety pins

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

I don't know that it would damage anything... but I don't know that it wouldn't either. I'd go with pins just to be safe, but it's your call.

I know velcro can damage some fabrics. I once had a brace on my arm with velcro straps and where it snagged on my doll's satin pajamas it kinda... I don't know how to describe it exactly, it sorta frayed it and left permanent marks. That being said I sorta suspect it wouldn't be as bad on a Teddy Babe just due to the nature of her plush, but I certainly don't want to test it either.

jayjayecks

Post by jayjayecks »

It's great you got some serious cuddling out of her!

Gazhan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Gazhan »

Happy New Year to all you guys and girls 8) ,
I'm excited for this year as we have a new member joining us , she's a textile doll and I think shes gorgeous I'm stuck between 2 names for her :whistle:(Ashley & Kira), I'll let you guys know when she arrives :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:

Just got finished with a new year cleaning for Yomi
Yomi_TBs cleaning5 01.jpg
Yomi_TBs cleaning5 01.jpg (122.82 KiB) Viewed 2469 times
I'm starting to see more discolouring in her breasts which I might be able to fix with some dry brushing
Yomi_TBs cleaning5 02.jpg
Yomi_TBs cleaning5 02.jpg (139.28 KiB) Viewed 2469 times
Her arm (its not that easy to see in the pic though but is is there), its almost like a colour dye streak (black) down her left arm
Yomi_TBs cleaning5 03.jpg
Yomi_TBs cleaning5 03.jpg (117.04 KiB) Viewed 2469 times
I only noticed this on NYD just before I washed her, some of the red in the lips is peeling off, I assume this isnt that bad just have to repaint and should be good to go right ? :)
Yomi_TBs cleaning5 04.jpg
Yomi_TBs cleaning5 04.jpg (132.95 KiB) Viewed 2469 times
[/size]
from myself & Yomi we both hope its a good year for you all :glou:
Gazhan & Yomi
p.s. even after 9 years Yomi's hair is still all over the place :haha4:

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

congrats on 9 years together. if the lips are peeling it may mean the latex is degrading and you may need to replac the lips eventually. there are several threads on replacing lips you can get them from 8w they are the only supplier since they put midiman out of business.
happy new year to you as well.

carlys_guy

Hagen of Tronje

Post by Hagen of Tronje »

Wow,

Yomi is looking great, especially considering her age. Her lips look like early stages of latex rot, maybe you want to purchase replacement lips from Eight Wonder and while you are at it you could order replacement nipples for her. I am a big fan of Yomi because she is such a cute and sturdy doll, but her missing nipple always makes me kinda sad. If you do not like the idea of latex nipples, then maybe you can research of making your own using felt.

Hagen

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

if i recall years ago karrot made some nipples for one of loverboys teddy babes send Karrot a PM and ask him how he did it.

carlys_guy

Gazhan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Gazhan »

I may have to do that :p I have thought about getting the nipples from 8W before ill ask them how much for the pair at some point, moneys low RN since I’m in the process of paying for another doll but I’m looking to do something for Yomi’s 10th birthday so maybe this will be it also I’ll have to sow them on myself or maybe take a trip to see some guy to do it for me :) I’ll ask around and see what he says .
I always regretted not finding that nipple but it was a long time ago so it is what it is xD
Gazhan

Hagen of Tronje

Post by Hagen of Tronje »

I found Karrot's nipple how-to. It is not complicated and if you do it yourself it is very cheap to do:

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=45264

The latex nipples of Eight Wonder are 20 USD and you have to remove the original nipples and glue them on. I don't know if this idea appeals to you, considering what is happening to the latex lips...

Best wishes

Hagen

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

It's always encouraging when we get a Yomi update. She looks great. and it makes me realize I have a lot of years to look forward to with my Teddy Babe.

Gazhan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Gazhan »

just got a reply from 8W about the lips, i'm also asking about replacement nipples aswell I'll keep you guys informed on whats happening,
I want to get my Textile Doll paid for first, Yuri and his crew finished my custom build Doll in 16 days so i wanna get that sorted out asap then it's Yomi's time.
Ive put off a lot of things for Yomi since its her 10th birthday on 31st may and i wanna spoil her alittle bit :D

Gazhan

Gazhan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Gazhan »

Just a quick heads up, I have spoken to Jenni @ 8W and I have new lips and “pom-poms”(direct quote)/nipples on order, $25 is all I was asked to pay :) which I thought was a fair price it’ll make a big difference to Yomi.
I still struggling to pay for the new doll but I’m getting there slowly (waiting for bonus’s from work) other then that all’s going well :D
Gazhan

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Can i have her old lips and nips? She is looking great for nine years old. Adrianna gives a teddybabe wave, and snuggle to yomi
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

INFORMATIONS