teddy-babes.com

Removing excess Gorilla glue

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
cuddly

Re: Removing excess Gorilla glue

Post by cuddly »

dolldoer wrote:... and if you used the "Original Gorilla Glue" there is no recommended chemical once dried...
That may be so, but since it's a potentially hazardous chemical, there has to be both a general data sheet and emergency information available. And if it is in fact Cyanoacrylate, this is what Wikipedia has to say to this:
Solvents and debonders
Acetone, commonly found in nail polish remover, is a widely available solvent capable of softening cured cyanoacrylate.[31] Other solvents include nitromethane, dimethyl sulfoxide, and methylene chloride.[32] gamma-Butyrolactone may also be used to remove cured cyanoacrylate.[33] Commercial debonders are also available.
The solvent I used has around 98% of acetone, iirc. Still it took quite some time to crack that glue. Oh and btw, yes, I removed Lian's rug that way too.

CU c+L

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Thanks for help guys! :thumbs_up:
I'm going to get some pure acetone and see if that will work any better. Also I'm going to let it soak in a little more. I probably wasn't using enough as I was afraid that using too much would damage the plush material.
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Being stingy, I see, you don't like sharing... lol
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

dolldoer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dolldoer »

cuddly wrote: The solvent I used has around 98% of acetone, iirc. Still it took quite some time to crack that glue. Oh and btw, yes, I removed Lian's rug that way too.
Understood. It is certainly worth a try, just be careful not to use too much around the lips, might affect them.
BTW Cuddly, I love the TB wigs you made, really nice work.

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

dolldoer wrote:
cuddly wrote:BTW Cuddly, I love the TB wigs you made, really nice work.
Oi thanks. If I wasn't such a busy guy - and lazy a$$ whenever I am not busy - there'd be two new styles out by now. but because it's the way it is, the little Akiko that joined us in January still has no name and no hair either :oops: :cry: :sad:
Also I have to mention again that coyote9 is the one who had the idea. I only created my own and applied it to my Teddy Babe.

CU cuddly and Lian

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Juncharted2 wrote:Being stingy, I see, you don't like sharing... lol
Yep. Just the kind of guy I am. :wink:
Although I should have been stingy with that glue as I gave poor Lexy more than she needed. :(
But thanks to the advice offered here, I think I can get her straightened out. 8)
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

INFORMATIONS