teddy-babes.com

Buy pairs for spares

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Eyeball

Buy pairs for spares

Post by Eyeball »

Hello Fellow Doll Fanciers,

I took advantage of the Eighth Wonder March Madness sale to pick up a spare body for Leiana, my TB Deluxe. She's been with me since the Deluxe model was introduced in 2010. She's still in good condition, but could use some minor restoration. After fully migrating her into her new "enclosure", I can take my time sprucing up her old one. (If only it were this easy for us non-dolls.)

When the new doll arrived, I found she was noticably taller than the 2010 Deluxe. Now my TB is taller than me. I'm looking forward to the challenge. Maybe I can stand on a box when we kiss.

Did I take advantage of the volume discount? Of course I did. Leiana's new body was accompanied by her friend Tassica (an Alexis model), who will conduct the transmigration.

Hagen of Tronje

Re: Buy pairs for spares

Post by Hagen of Tronje »

Congrats :) You did the right thing at the right time and at the right price. The March Madness sale is insane. How much did you pay for shipping and handling ?

I have two TBDs, one is the "old" design and one is the "evolved" taller design. They are quite different I think, it it not only the height but the proportions.

Hagen

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

I would have loved to take advantage of the March Madness sale, but besides the issue of where to keep two more Teddy Babes; I didn't have as much money as I had expected. :(
But hopefully others were more fortunate and will be posting pictures of their new Babes. :D
In any case, the new deluxe models are indeed different than the original deluxe models. Not only are they quite a bit taller, the overall shape is different as well. I think this change was made sometime in 2012.
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

not sure i like the changes they made especially to the head the older ones had a rounder head the newer ones are longer and more oriental looking.

carly_guy

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Yeah I tend to favor the originals as well. Not that I would ever kick a new deluxe Babe out of bed! :wink: I just prefer the height and overall body shape of the originals. But the new deluxe models do have better looking feet in my opinion.
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Eyeball

Post by Eyeball »

@Hagen
Shipping was $120 USD. They arrived by FedEx Ground in less than a week.

The new style head does appear narrower than the earlier head. The new heads also seem softer. I'm not sure if that's the result of the new skin fabric or less stuffing. (Did I just call Teddy Babes soft in the head?)

INFORMATIONS