teddy-babes.com

They're Coming...

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
ilikethedolls2015
Active Poster
Active Poster

They're Coming...

Post by ilikethedolls2015 »

I have a Lisa Teddy Babe Deluxe coming from LoveHoney this Wednesday! :) I was not expecting to find a TB this way and stocked in Australia, so it was a really nice (and affordable) surprise! Already thinking of adding a second to the home (probably a TB standard for the next). BUT until then I also have one of the SM silicone? elf dolls to look forward to receiving, which has been in customs limbo for 2 weeks :/ The weird this is that now they're both arriving on the SAME day...this week!!!

I pretty much gave up on the Vera Bates fabric / anime doll, as it was just too unrealistic for me to warm up too. I think this was mainly down to it's anime face and home-made nature (bad back/waist on the skeleton, bright pink skin etc). After all, this was not a store product but an after hours project by some of the company staff. I got it at an absolute bargain price, so in retrospect it was an interesting experiment and decent entry level life-size doll. It certainly piqued my interest enough to want to obtain some better dolls in future...

I also dabbled with a 100cm silicone doll, but whilst the body was decent I found the head to be to juvenile in overall appearance and that definitely made me regret the purchase, despite not having the funds for something more substantial at the time (if only the 65cm JM milf doll was available back then).

If I had to give any advice to new purchasers of love dolls it would be to do your homework and research all the different companies first before committing to something. The prices vary, the looks vary, the quality varies, weight varies, the styles vary and sometimes it's even possible to get a lifesize doll for the same price (as with TB's etc) as one of the smaller dolls...

The reason for returning to dolls is due to being diagnosed with stage IV bowel cancer about 10months ago. Never thought I'd have to face this and in my 30s! It's been a shocking, trying and sometimes terrifying experience, but I intend to be here for a long time.

Anyway, the thing with getting a terminal illness is you all of a sudden release how alone you are - especially in the sense that the fight is essentially entirely yours to face. You also realize who your real friends and family are... going back to the topic, I've not been able to find that person for me...and I figure with this sickness my chances of finding a genuine woman will be almost impossible.

That being said, I'm not even sure I want a real woman at this time due to the recent strong feminist change of attitude, the demands and other related baggage that usually comes with a serious relationship. The idea of cuddle buddies is probably what I'm most looking for nowadays without any added stress...the reason why dolls seem like the perfect addition to my life. Plus I'm not denying myself the higher end stuff now, so I expect a much more positive experience. Basically just want to have fun with it and not take it all too seriously.

The SM doll is 35kg and I know that I can no longer lift anything near that weight, so she's probably be a permanent couch buddy. But the Teddy Babe offers a lot of flexibility and possibilities...

So I've been here before, but here's my reintroduction to the forum.

rwsim727
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: They're Coming...

Post by rwsim727 »

ilikethedolls2015
My condolences and prayers on your illness. How are you holding up ?

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Sorry to hear about what you're going through mate. Hopefully everything will work out for you and you can beat it. We're all wishing you the best.
On a brighter note, congratulations on your new Babe! I have two standard Lisa's and they are indeed great company.
Just be warned that new Teddy Babes will be a bit stiff at first and will resist holding a seating position. But the good news is that with lots of cuddles, they will soften up over time.
I also wanted to mention that if you happen upon a standard Babe then you should grab her since the standard models have been discontinued by Eighth Wonder. While they are supposed to resume production later this year; there is no guarantee.
I'm not sure if any of the vendors such as LoveHoney still have any left in stock or not. I think Cuddly bought the last two. They were both Akiko models and he has them listed in the sales section. Might be a good idea to consider one of them. :thumbs_up:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

ilikethedolls2015
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ilikethedolls2015 »

Thanks for the kind words guys. :glou:

rwsim727 - Good and bad days. I also take care of a family member, so it's always challenging. The last three years have been a real mess, but anyway on to happier things...

Stewie studmuffin - Thank you for letting me know about the stiffness. I suppose all the various dolls have that disadvantage at first. Lots of cuddles is the plan! :) I know there are a few Carly's around. For travel I'm seriously thinking of getting her as it comes with a 20% discount from the first purchase. See how we go.

It's funny my TPE / silicone doll arrived a day early, but my Teddy Babe didn't arrive today as expected.

I've posted my early thoughts/feelings towards the SM doll here:
viewtopic.php?f=269&t=98137

Eyeball

Post by Eyeball »

Best wishes for your recovery.

My most recent TB purchase arrived a day late. Maybe it was a FedEx thing, or maybe it was just the ladies being fashionably late.

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Usually when there's a "I'm getting a Teddy Babe!" thread it's a strictly joyous occasion. Sorry to hear about that.

For whatever reason, despite friends and family who have dealt with it (some successfully, some not), it wasn't until right now, this very moment, I ever really considered what going through something like cancer or some other serious disease myself would be like. I know it doesn't do a damn bit of good, but for what it's worth I'm pulling for you and I hope you come out in good rig.

I could see how it would make a person feel more alone, and I do think a Teddy Babe can help. A lot. I have an Audrey Deluxe and she's just the greatest. They seem so affectionate; after awhile it's hard to shake the thought that somehow they love you back. She'll always be there for you, even if you're feeling pretty awful, ready to try and help with a hug.

Sorry to keep dragging this back to an unpleasant theme, but I'll add one more thing and then shut up: she might need a sexy nurse outfit too.

INFORMATIONS