teddy-babes.com

New to this - Considering Teddy Babe

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
WallyDog84
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

New to this - Considering Teddy Babe

Post by WallyDog84 »

Greetings!

New to the forums, first (!) post, but have been doing some research after discovering that these kinds of dolls beyond the blow up variety even existed! I'm unsure if it's even for me, so despite the seemingly amazing qualities of silicone / TPE, I think the price and maintenance is a bit of a stretch at this point... So, I've been between a Fabric style doll, and the Teddy Babe, especially since they've come down in price.

So, I suppose my big question is since the price is now more or less the same, what seems to be the better option for someone testing these waters? I like the idea of the silicone in the fabric doll's bust (I'm a bit of a boob guy XD ), but the Teddy just seems to make more sense from a durability and maintenance standpoint... Also, it's not just the sex. I'm newly single, and am trying to stay that way for a while - however, I hate sleeping by myself, so that's a pretty big factor for me (yet another reason to back off of the really realistic silicone babes for now...).

Any advice for a neophyte would be greatly appreciated! I will say I really dig the vibe around here, and think this is something I can get into...

Wally
Long Days And Pleasant Nights

Ka, Come Like A Wind

Badbrad
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: New to this - Considering Teddy Babe

Post by Badbrad »

TB's Rock. Easy to care for and great to have next to you.

WallyDog84
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by WallyDog84 »

That seems to be the general consensus around here! I appreciate the feedback, Badbrad. I get the impression they hold up really well to being slept with.

I'm leaning heavily towards a TB. I'm just still curious about the Fabric variety - though, it seems they are more prone to staining and/or joint problems? Being in a similar price range hasn't made the decision any easier. If anyone has any thoughts on Fabric vs a TB, I'd be grateful for the information.

Ka, Come Like A Wind

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

What's better then one teddybabe? Two teddybabes lol.
Plush velour is better than just plain old fabric. They have a wire skeleton, which is ok. They are easy to clean too.
Got a used girl in january. And adding another in a week.
The plush is luxurious and silky soft. She makes the best cuddle buddy and can last for many years longer than a tpe doll. If something goes bad you can simply use a needle and thread to repair her. I had a delux teddybabe,but knew i would like the smaller one better. Check out my adrianna thread here in the teddybabe section. She needed repairs and was quick and easy to repair.

Welcome to the forum.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

WallyDog84 wrote:That seems to be the general consensus around here! I appreciate the feedback, Badbrad. I get the impression they hold up really well to being slept with.

I'm leaning heavily towards a TB. I'm just still curious about the Fabric variety - though, it seems they are more prone to staining and/or joint problems? Being in a similar price range hasn't made the decision any easier. If anyone has any thoughts on Fabric vs a TB, I'd be grateful for the information.
Having an anime doll is like lycra stretch fabric. I much prefer the plush and feel she easier to care for.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

Hey there, Wally! Samara's right, Teddy Babe plush is just so nice to touch and caress. It really is kind of luxurious.

When fitted with a suitable insert, TBs will do all right for basic sex, but their real strong suit is intimate snuggling, so they make great sleeping partners.
If you're okay with -- or even charmed by -- their cartoony, caricature-style bodies and faces, then the presence of the one you choose would surely make you happy.

A Teddy Babe was my first doll, and she's still with me almost ten years later and still so wonderful to hold. Best thing I ever bought for my bed, no question.

WallyDog84
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by WallyDog84 »

Thank you all so much for the feedback! Samara, I hadn't considered the repair angle - I'm far from skilled at sewing, but feel it'd be easier to learn than futzing with silicone patches and such, lol. By the way, your Adriana is a cutie!

Zang, 10 years?? That's... That's pretty impressive! That makes me feel a lot more comfortable with the idea of investing in a doll period. I really appreciate the replies guys. I think I've made up my mind, and just have to get the logistics in line to make it happen.

Thanks for the warm welcome - Hopefully sooner rather than later, I'll have some introductions to make!

Ka, Come Like A Wind

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

samara78 wrote:What's better then one teddybabe? Two teddybabes lol.
Indeed! :D This can be one of the biggest problems with Teddy Babes. I already have two and was seriously considering getting a third during the recent sale. It's like if you let one move in, then she will try to move some of her sisters in. Pretty soon your house will be overrun with Teddy Babes! 8O
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

WallyDog84 wrote:Thank you all so much for the feedback! Samara, I hadn't considered the repair angle - I'm far from skilled at sewing, but feel it'd be easier to learn than futzing with silicone patches and such, lol. By the way, your Adriana is a cutie!

Zang, 10 years?? That's... That's pretty impressive! That makes me feel a lot more comfortable with the idea of investing in a doll period. I really appreciate the replies guys. I think I've made up my mind, and just have to get the logistics in line to make it happen.

Thanks for the warm welcome - Hopefully sooner rather than later, I'll have some introductions to make!
Thank you! The member i got her from took decent care with her. Teddys are fun to care for and take around with you too! Easy to store if you like, and easy to display. Plus is that most women even like teddybabes. No joke!

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:
samara78 wrote:What's better then one teddybabe? Two teddybabes lol.
Indeed! :D This can be one of the biggest problems with Teddy Babes. I already have two and was seriously considering getting a third during the recent sale. It's like if you let one move in, then she will try to move some of her sisters in. Pretty soon your house will be overrun with Teddy Babes! 8O
Someone told me teddybabes are lesbians, i had no idea.
Another teddybabe(carley) is coming from cali, to samara's doll hospital and spa. She may even stay, that depends on Adrianna, who insisted i help her sister look and feel her best.

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

Welcome Wally. you wont go wrong with a Teddybabe for a sleeping partner.

I had Jess come stay with me almost 6 years ago now and havent spend a night without her. Apart from being utterly cuddly they are virtually bombproof under the covers and so light you can just roll around with them during the night. Jess and i sleep spooning most of the time meaning my arms can be round her and we hold hands as we sleep.

They also look crazy cute with a simple eyelid mod
IMG_7457 - s.JPG
IMG_7457 - s.JPG (104.65 KiB) Viewed 2927 times

Sure TPE and Silicone girls are more realistic (and i have a DS doll on the other side of the bed so I have the best of both every night) but they cant be easily moved without getting out of bed to do it, and they have their own care precautions to stop damage during the night. They do feel very much like a person though due to their weight and solidity

Hope that helps a little

K
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

WallyDog84
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by WallyDog84 »

Lol, I won't have to be concerned about being overrun anytime soon - I'm not currently living on my own, which means the ease of storage is a huge plus! Once I'm back solo, depending on where life takes me, I could see myself indulging in having another sexy roomie... XD

Karrot, that helps immensely. I know everyone here are enthusiasts and would of course have nothing but positive things to say, but the fact that everyone *also* comments on just how solid a product they are makes me feel much better about investing. I'm finding myself drawn to the lovely Mai Ling... Anyone have any feedback on the smaller breasted TBs?

Ka, Come Like A Wind

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

samara78 wrote: Someone told me teddybabes are lesbians, i had no idea.
Yeah it's true. I have seen pictures of quite a few of them making out. 8)
samara78 wrote:
Stewie studmuffin wrote:
samara78 wrote:
Another teddybabe(carley) is coming from cali, to samara's doll hospital and spa. She may even stay, that depends on Adrianna, who insisted i help her sister look and feel her best.
Can't wait to see her. I don't think that I've ever seen a standard carley as every one that I've seen were the deluxe versions.
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:
samara78 wrote: Someone told me teddybabes are lesbians, i had no idea.
Yeah it's true. I have seen pictures of quite a few of them making out. 8)
samara78 wrote:
Stewie studmuffin wrote:
samara78 wrote:
Can't wait to see her. I don't think that I've ever seen a standard carley as every one that I've seen were the deluxe versions.
She has some work to be done on her lips. I have to make sure she is a carley though.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

WallyDog84 wrote:Lol, I won't have to be concerned about being overrun anytime soon - I'm not currently living on my own, which means the ease of storage is a huge plus! Once I'm back solo, depending on where life takes me, I could see myself indulging in having another sexy roomie... XD

Karrot, that helps immensely. I know everyone here are enthusiasts and would of course have nothing but positive things to say, but the fact that everyone *also* comments on just how solid a product they are makes me feel much better about investing. I'm finding myself drawn to the lovely Mai Ling... Anyone have any feedback on the smaller breasted TBs?
I have seen ten yr old teddybabes that look close to new!
Cleaning is super easy. And they are built like tanks. If you pop a stitch they are easy to fix. The wire can be easily removed and replaced should something go wrong.

INFORMATIONS