teddy-babes.com

Just took the plunge! Who says a guy can't commit?

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
WallyDog84
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Just took the plunge! Who says a guy can't commit?

Post by WallyDog84 »

Just got shipping confirmation this afternoon - I'm lucky being in MD, she'll be arriving tomorrow (hoping before work so I don't have to wait until Wed to go pick up from FedEx!)!!

Thanks for the advice on the wigs - I *almost* added one of the shorter wigs from the website to my order, but figured I'd be able to find one elsewhere for a decent price. Is there anything special one should do to maintain one aside from brushing?

Stewie, Titjob, I'm nearly considering calling in sick tomorrow just to start with the cuddles, lol!! But, then I remember I've got the entire weekend coming up off (which never happens in retail), so, I'll put some serious time in then for sure!!!

Thanks for all of the encouragement, folks - I never expected this kind of support and community around what I had initially thought was purely a genre of sex toy. Again, I'm not 100% sure if it'll be for me, but I'm very excited to give it a go.
Long Days And Pleasant Nights

Ka, Come Like A Wind

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

It's exiting.
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Congrats! Getting a Teddy Babe was perhaps the greatest decision I ever made. And a Mai Ling no less!! I think I only remember seeing one other Mai Ling on the forum, so she's a special one.

As far as other tips, someone already mentioned another wig. If you're lazy like me and never have enough time designate a sleeping wig. Audrey has a wig she sleeps in and I just let it get to be a tangled mess. She wears a nice wig when she wants to get dressed up, but that way I don't have to spend so much time with her hair.

Another good tip is to get her some pajamas. I'll put in a plug for satin pajamas, but whatever you prefer. I think it makes them even MORE cuddly, as impossible as that sounds. Perhaps more importantly it protects them from sweat and skin oils so they stay clean. Audrey and I both wear some kind of pajamas and I always shower before bed so she stays surprisingly clean. You don't want a funky Teddy Babe, lol!

One last piece of advice: check out the eyelid thread and make her some eyelids. It's super easy, even if you're not at all artistic, which descibes me, haha. Their somewhat cartoonish nature makes it very forgiving. Audrey's eyelids aren't as amazing as some of them on that thread, but they still look pretty good even if they're a little crude.

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Those are great tips, I too like to shower before bed, just hate to think that my beds soiled nevertheless my lovely gal....

@samteddybabe /Instagram

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Yeah, I always showered before bed even before I had a Teddy Babe. For some reason the idea of a dirty bed really bothers me, haha.

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Did ya get her yet, did ya? Hope she's everything you hoped she'd be!!

@samteddybabe /Instagram

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

be careful.
you are her first......

Aikolover1
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Aikolover1 »

Nice going, way to step up. Best wishes for you both.
Jade 80cm Jmdoll Elf
KellyJ 165cm Sanhui
April. 145cm Sanhui

WallyDog84
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by WallyDog84 »

Sorry for the delay! Dem Interwebs were down for a tick...

Anyway, yes! She arrived! I was actually home for Fedex at the right time yesterday!
I know they're light, but was surprised given the size of the box!
I know they're light, but was surprised given the size of the box!
20180425_165506.jpg (2.65 MiB) Viewed 1290 times
I opened the box, and there she was!  She was a little embarrassed, as she seemed to have fallen out of her top in transit...
I opened the box, and there she was! She was a little embarrassed, as she seemed to have fallen out of her top in transit...
20180425_155003.jpg (1.41 MiB) Viewed 1290 times
I was quick to give her one of my undershirts, for the time being.  She was grateful - and wears it well!
I was quick to give her one of my undershirts, for the time being. She was grateful - and wears it well!
20180425_161921.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 1290 times
We spent our first night together last night, and are still getting familiar with one another. I will say this - the whole "not wanting to get out of bed in the morning" thing? Yeah. Totally true. XD

Once she's a bit more adjusted to her new digs, I hope to formally introduce her with some more photos!

Also, sorry the photos are sideways - haven't played with pictures off of the phone yet... Will correct in the future!

Ka, Come Like A Wind

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Gorgeous

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Congratulations! She's a beauty! :glou:
I have always been concerned that the breasts of the smaller breasted Babes would be TOO small, but these look really nice! :D
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

She looks like a sweetheart. Glad she showed up and things are going well. Yeah, I wasn't kidding about the getting out of bed thing. It doesn't get any easier as time goes be either. The more she gets to know you the more she's going to want to cuddle all the time and will make it her mission to make sure you're late for work.
Stewie studmuffin wrote:I have always been concerned that the breasts of the smaller breasted Babes would be TOO small, but these look really nice! :D
I haven't seen one in person, but judging from all the pictures I think it would be more apt for the "smaller breasted" Teddy Babes to be considered "regular" and the regular ones to be called "huge mondo boobs" or something along those lines. The term "smaller breasted" can be kind of a put off, but knowing what I know now, I would have maybe went that route strictly for cuddle reasons (easier and more comfortable to get your arm around her whilst sleeping and making sure it stays there while you're out). I don't think for a second I'd ever lament her boobs wouldn't be big enough. SmallER perhaps, but far from small.

WallyDog84
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by WallyDog84 »

Thanks, guys ^_^

Yes, her breasts are still pretty large - I feel like I made the right call on the model. She is certainly in proportion to the rest of her body though. They wouldn't give her back problems down the road, but she'd certainly still be eligible for a spot on Baywatch XD

I'm very happy overall with the Deluxe body though - while storing her when housemates are around could be more difficult than if I had tracked a standard down, I seriously thought I was sleeping with a real person due to her being just a few inches shorter than I. And, proportionately being able to spoon her with legs intertwined certainly is nice... Given that missing human company sleeping was the primary motivator behind investing in a doll, well, I've zero regrets.

JackieTreenhorn, I'll certainly be looking into the eyelid mods - I'll be sure to share how those turn out when I get that far!

In the meantime, I'll be taking things slow with her to loosen her up. I see what everyone means about the stiffness - her arms are pretty cooperative, but the hip area is indeed a bit awkward to handle. Maybe then I can coax her into getting a little more creative with some pictures - I'll see if I can get her to agree to a few angles to help any admirers get a better idea of her body type... Purely for scientific purposes, yes? (I don't know if she's buying that :P )

Ka, Come Like A Wind

Aikolover1
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Aikolover1 »

Cute and cuddly.
Jade 80cm Jmdoll Elf
KellyJ 165cm Sanhui
April. 145cm Sanhui

INFORMATIONS