teddy-babes.com

A Proper Introduction

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Re: A Proper Introduction

Post by Juncharted2 »

I'm kinda digging that "et" look, at first I didn't like it but after this little conversation I think it's definitely a bit of a turn on... phone home style turn on...
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

I wasn't too happy about that ET neck thing at first and it was one of the things that made me hesitant to get a Teddy Babe. But it doesn't seem as noticeable in real time as it does in some pictures. I guess I have gotten used to it as I don't even notice it at all anymore.
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:I wasn't too happy about that ET neck thing at first and it was one of the things that made me hesitant to get a Teddy Babe. But it doesn't seem as noticeable in real time as it does in some pictures. I guess I have gotten used to it as I don't even notice it at all anymore.
Agree...

She could have a double or even triple chin so a little Extra terrestrial doesn't bug me one bit, it actually is a great spot to nudge your head

@samteddybabe /Instagram

WallyDog84
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by WallyDog84 »

Yes, the neck thing was a bit jarring at first. By the time I woke up next morning with her there, I didn't even notice. It was interesting to see what worked and didn't as far as posing and pictures and such... Certainly worth more playing around with!

And, JackieTreehorn, careful which PMs with attachments you open from me going forward... XD J/K, I literally lol'd at that one - well played :D
Long Days And Pleasant Nights

Ka, Come Like A Wind

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Haha, yeah, I couldn't resist.

I also echo that the E.T. thing isn't a big deal in real life. I seldom see it and if I do it's never that extreme, but in some pictures it just really stands out and looks kind of ridiculous, lol. Just gotta make sure the camera is level with or a little above her face and not looking up at her. It's easy to avoid. I don't know much about photography, but I wonder if that isn't a good idea anyway?

ARK ANGEL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ARK ANGEL »

Hitomi is lovely, congratulations WallyDog84.
Ha ha ha, oh yes the ET thing totally turned me away at first, but I only ever noticed it in pictures, never in the plush.
Now I have 3 and think they are all simply gorgeous.
Try some photoshoped eye mods, they give a whole different dimension to TB pics.
20170721_213940.jpg
20170721_213940.jpg (83.56 KiB) Viewed 1357 times
It's kinda become my trade mark. :roll:

Pete.

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

ARK ANGEL wrote:Hitomi is lovely, congratulations WallyDog84.
Ha ha ha, oh yes the ET thing totally turned me away at first, but I only ever noticed it in pictures, never in the plush.
Now I have 3 and think they are all simply gorgeous.
Try some photoshoped eye mods, they give a whole different dimension to TB pics.
20170721_213940.jpg
It's kinda become my trade mark. :roll:

Pete.
She's gorgeous Pete.

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Pete,
I have never seen a Teddy Babe able to tilt her head like this. Is this your modified skeleton in action?
In any case, I love her look. :thumbs_up:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

ARK ANGEL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ARK ANGEL »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:Pete,
I have never seen a Teddy Babe able to tilt her head like this. Is this your modified skeleton in action?
In any case, I love her look. :thumbs_up:
Well yeah, kinda...
The wire/rod frame originally passes through the neck and u-turns back down, is spot welded together at the navel then splits down to form the leg bones.
Before I cut it mid chest to attach the custom skeleton, I pulled it down as the u-turn could be felt pressing inside the top of her skull to the point of deforming it, but I probably pulled it a little further than I should have, hence her ability to keep her neck supported but tilt her head to lie off axis.
It makes it harder to keep dead straight for posing, but I like the appreciably unique looks she can now pull off.
I also used an automotive grade hose clamp to prevent the wire slipping back into her head.

Pete.

INFORMATIONS