Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Hip Joint design on a Body2 - looking for info

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Hip Joint design on a Body2 - looking for info

Post by Karrot »

Looking for info on the hip joint design on a BoyToy Body 2.

My newly acquired (pre loved) BoyToy Body2 has loose hips. She is unable to properly sit upright unaided, has no hope of keeping her legs closed (stop giggling!) , and cannot hold them up when she is on her back. Judging from pics such as these, this is down to them becoming loose over time

Does anyone have any information (preferably pictures) of the skeleton for these older ladies, specifically the hip joints? i'd like to get in there and tighten things up to give her a new lease of life.

The best i have found is this, and theres no guarantees its actually a BT skeleton
Skeleton1.jpg
Skeleton1.jpg (165.06 KiB) Viewed 2188 times
Thanks all

Karrot
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Hip Joint design on a Body2 - looking for info

Post by dodgeman »

Karrot,

I am going to send you a PM with photos of a hip joint where you can see some of it and a shoulder joint where you can see the hinge area. The hinge area of the RD joints like Shoulder, elbow and hip have the same hardware and are all adjusted the same way.

The main section of the hip joint that is mounted to the pelvic-hip plate that rotates the leg up and down and would allow a doll to hold her legs straight up, has a fixed tension that cannot be adjusted. That part of the hip joint is molded as a unit and if it eventually gets a bit loose, it will stay that way as it is a sealed unit.

The hinge section of the joint that allows movement of the legs to open and close at the knees IS adjustable as it has a 1/4-20 bolt with a stover type lock nut which can be snugged up as much as needed to help keep her legs from just opening at random. You don't want to overtighten the hinge bolt as it would put a lot of stress on the PVC bones when you move the legs closed and apart.

I will send you photos in a PM as I don't want to post them in the open. Abyss may not like that even though I saw some posted in other repair forums on much older posts.

The photo of the old skeleton that you posted may be a real old Abyss skeleton from late 1990's or early 2000's but, I am not sure as everyone that I have worked on and repaired was like they are today.

All Abyss doll hip joints are the same device whether a BoyToy or a full size RD. :)

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Hip Joint design on a Body2 - looking for info

Post by Karrot »

Thanks Dodgeman. Gives me something to think about.

K
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

INFORMATIONS