Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

HARMONY IS HERE!!

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: HARMONY IS HERE!!

Post by justintime »

:haha4:
Uh... guys, Harmony is so far away from "killing bots" that , it's like you are worrying a car will have a nuclear engine melt-down. All she can do is talking and blinking eyes. A commercialized walking sex bot is still like 15 to 20 years away. Even then the sex bot will not have enough strength to do anyone such harm.

On the other hand, the major damage Harmony can do is to your wallets. :D
Very interesting...and so funny.
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

LonelyDude

Post by LonelyDude »

philpw99 wrote:Uh... guys, Harmony is so far away from "killing bots" that , it's like you are worrying a car will have a nuclear engine melt-down. All she can do is talking and blinking eyes. A commercialized walking sex bot is still like 15 to 20 years away. Even then the sex bot will not have enough strength to do anyone such harm.

On the other hand, the major damage Harmony can do is to your wallets. :D
We weren't discussing this doll. Someone mentioned life sized fully robotic dolls that had enough autonomy and internal power to propel their own weight and limbs and such. The Harmony doll is in no way a potential danger to a consumer. A fully autonomous robotic doll on the other hand could result in serious injury to a consumer should something go wrong and I doubt it will ever come to market. Its why household 'assistant' robots predicted way back in the 60's are still just limited to small circular vacuum cleaners. Everyone realized that even though there were no technological obstacles, manufacturers were too afraid of liability concerns. A heavy and large machine moving around under its own control and power can fall over on someone, kill a child, malfunction and start breaking shit etc 8O ...the lawyers said no. Autonomous car technology is taking off but I doubt there will ever be full autonomy as hoped. They are starting to back off this commitment and realizing at best its probably going to be limited to semi-autonomous uber taxis and delivery vehicles--thats when the cars arent randomly killing people when they malfunction as we have seen recently. Already been a handfull of deaths and major accidents with only a very very small number of test cars so far and even then with a driver along to act as a safety buffer and even then it isnt working out as expected.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”..Hunter Thompson

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

This is fantastic. $8,000 would be a bargain, considering the millions of dollars worth of research. It's a bit high for me, and will have to be mass produced, to bring the price down. I'm sure billions were spent developing an iPod, or a car for that matter; but to turn a profit, they had to really mass produce them, to defray the research costs. Cars are mass produced on an assembly line and they are way more complicated than a doll robot head. Realdoll will have to figure out how to mass produce them for cheap. Will they use machines? Humans?. The market will increase exponentially, as the price drops. If they can break the $1,000 barrier, the market for this will explode.

roninfiertze

Post by roninfiertze »

justintime wrote:This one is also great

I heard the starting price would be $10,000?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqlziGIrX3s

I like this video the most so far, especially the way it starts up. It just seems much more natural, and I think maybe it's because of my tech background but phrases like "My protocol blah blah blah instructs me to..." just seem too cheesy, like technobabble from NCIS or some other show. I like the non-fiction more realistic approach to showing the capabilities. That's what would ultimately make me buy.

LonelyDude wrote:Its why household 'assistant' robots predicted way back in the 60's are still just limited to small circular vacuum cleaners. Everyone realized that even though there were no technological obstacles, manufacturers were too afraid of liability concerns.
It's definitely due to technological limitations. We are only just starting to create computers fast enough to visually map a room, see furniture, and navigate around it while controlling multiple limbs, balancing, and weighing less than a car while chewing up 3 kW of electricity to do that. In the 60s and 70s the most powerful supercomputers in the world look like nothing next to what the Harmony app is running on in this video. In the 80s and 90s we had accessible robots that could do it on wheels, but that's not even close to balancing actively on 2 legs, and we still can't make servos or steppers strong enough or hydraulics efficient and compact enough to fit what's necessary into a realistic human frame with skin over it. That's why the most advanced bipedal robots today are still bigger than people, with cables and hoses all over the place to carry power and hydraulic fluid. We are just getting to the brink where it may be possible in 10-20 years, judging by Boston Dynamics' latest Atlas robot, which is still much, much larger than an average female human frame (let alone any thin / fit male), aside from height.

The other big problem is power storage density. It's been improving with new battery technologies, but there is still only so much energy we can pack into a human sized space while having actuators, a support frame, electronics, and padding / skin over it all. Even bulky robots using the best lithium-based battery tech we have in scale production will only run 1-2 hours tops before needing full recharges. To fit it in a human size, figure more like 30-45 minutes between recharging using today's tech.
Present:
Katie - WM 145cm head #1 - 2014
Cheyenne - Sanhui 156cm head #2 - 2016
"Anthro Project" - HappyDoll 100cm TDF banned - 2017
Alexandria - DH168 132cm TDF banned - 2017
Emily - DH168 132cm TDF banned - 2018
Casandra - DH168 145cm Marie - 2020
Anastasia - CD 138cm TDF banned - 2021
Unnamed - CD 130cm TDF banned - 2021
Ordered - Zelex 142cm TDF banned - 2021

Future:
1.) GameDoll Sino G3 160cm
2.) Sino 158cm B #30
3.) Starpery 171cm

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

Nicely made promotional video. Good job.

Also, I think Matt and Company's approach to a Voice Recognition/Animatronic Chatbot (chatbot/virtual assistant) has paid off.

Years of field testing, and improvements, put them ahead of the competition. Not to mention Matt's vision.

However, what we didn't hear was the actual sounds the animatonic head makes while it's in motion.

That's going to be a problem for some folks.
Why didn't I take the blue pill?

LonelyDude

Post by LonelyDude »

roninfiertze wrote:
justintime wrote:This one is also great

I heard the starting price would be $10,000?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqlziGIrX3s

I like this video the most so far, especially the way it starts up. It just seems much more natural, and I think maybe it's because of my tech background but phrases like "My protocol blah blah blah instructs me to..." just seem too cheesy, like technobabble from NCIS or some other show. I like the non-fiction more realistic approach to showing the capabilities. That's what would ultimately make me buy.

LonelyDude wrote:Its why household 'assistant' robots predicted way back in the 60's are still just limited to small circular vacuum cleaners. Everyone realized that even though there were no technological obstacles, manufacturers were too afraid of liability concerns.
It's definitely due to technological limitations. We are only just starting to create computers fast enough to visually map a room, see furniture, and navigate around it while controlling multiple limbs, balancing, and weighing less than a car while chewing up 3 kW of electricity to do that. In the 60s and 70s the most powerful supercomputers in the world look like nothing next to what the Harmony app is running on in this video. In the 80s and 90s we had accessible robots that could do it on wheels, but that's not even close to balancing actively on 2 legs, and we still can't make servos or steppers strong enough or hydraulics efficient and compact enough to fit what's necessary into a realistic human frame with skin over it. That's why the most advanced bipedal robots today are still bigger than people, with cables and hoses all over the place to carry power and hydraulic fluid. We are just getting to the brink where it may be possible in 10-20 years, judging by Boston Dynamics' latest Atlas robot, which is still much, much larger than an average female human frame (let alone any thin / fit male), aside from height.

The other big problem is power storage density. It's been improving with new battery technologies, but there is still only so much energy we can pack into a human sized space while having actuators, a support frame, electronics, and padding / skin over it all. Even bulky robots using the best lithium-based battery tech we have in scale production will only run 1-2 hours tops before needing full recharges. To fit it in a human size, figure more like 30-45 minutes between recharging using today's tech.
Well, limitations on AI maybe but not robotics. Check out any manufacturing plant these days. Pretty much most major auto operations are robotic, from welding, to painting, to moving engines blocks and constructing engine assemblies. The complexity is pretty intense and you would be surprised. Honda also has pretty advanced robotic technology invested other products as well.

Major issue is AI. The fanciful idea of sentience and automata has been a dream but has gone absolutely nowhere. Nobody is still quite sure how to even begin to write code to get a computer to think beyond basic instruction sets that rely on simple I/O outputs. Various software packages have been tested over the years but everyone runs into the same roadblock--a processor cannot learn to make decisions without instruction sets that have been handed to it. Google Goedels incompleteness Theorem which basically is a demonstration regarding the inherent limitations of every formal axiomatic system containing basic arithmetic. A microprocessor and any instructions coded into the memory banks are built on simple binary arithmetic. Such a system will always be limited by such arithmetic and is incapable of making inferences that cannot be derived with any arbitrary instruction set. It is not a complete axiomatic system capable of making new inferences not implicitly contained in the instruction set. In short, computers are as dumb as a rock and contingent upon user input and guidance.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”..Hunter Thompson

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

Wow!! This is a dream that is about to come true.

Mark and the Synthetiks
<em>I know the good artist</em>

dolln00b

Post by dolln00b »

It'S Happening Ron Paul GIF-source.gif
It'S Happening Ron Paul GIF-source.gif (972.92 KiB) Viewed 2649 times

Brick

Post by Brick »

This isn't common knowledge. However, Abyss Creations has accepted a large investment from "Sanctuary A.I." you guys need to "GOOGLE THAT" Hint, Hint. They are working together to develop a completely autonomous robotic body for Harmony. Westworld type robotics is on the horizon, much closer than you think. Safety is not going to stop it.....
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

"Kindred’ co-founders, Geordie Rose and Suzanne Gildert, will step down from Kindred to lead the AGI division under the name of Sanctuary, as co-CEOs."

OK, and now this... 8O

or this...

http://www.richmond-news.com/news/more- ... 1.23166986 :roll:

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

Zebo wrote:Abyss Creations has accepted a large investment from "Sanctuary A.I." you guys need to "GOOGLE THAT" Hint, Hint. They are working together to develop a completely autonomous robotic body for Harmony.
Now THAT will blow my mind when released!

And drain my bank account.
My Doll Album is here!

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

So, first there was Digital Denise/NextOs, which resulted in Harmony/Realbotix.

It's great that Matt, and Company, can raise capital.

My question is this, "Matt is 'the leader of the pack' with Harmony/Realbotix.

They have a product that's about to take off.

I've never seen or heard of anything from Kindred/Sanctuary to suggest that they can do anything more for Matt.

By the way, this "Under the Radar" stuff doesn't fly in the real world. Where's the Beef?

So, when someone says they're going to make entire robot bodies, I say, what have you done so far?

Listening to both Geordie and Suzanne, I'm picking up on something else.

Big Data mining. Sorry, but I'm not convinced that it's anything more than that without an actual track record of building 'androids'.

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

Just for the sake of comparison...

These folks have been at this for a long time. But, They don't have a leg up on Realbotix as far as I can tell.

INFORMATIONS