www.6yedollglobal.com/

Enlarging head sizes to fit taller heavy dolls.

6Ye is an all time ready & customer-centric team offering beautiful, realistic and soulful looking sex dolls. Our hand-crafted dolls are a piece of art for us. We have been in the business over 4 years, serving customers all over the world. We do not handle retail sales. Please feel free to inquire for our dolls, then purchase from our authorized resellers.
Dollsampler
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Enlarging head sizes to fit taller heavy dolls.

Post by Dollsampler »

I have already pointed out that the manufacturers fit their standard head size to all sizes of doll from 140cm to 170cm. They are too big or too small for the extremes.They correct it a little bit using the wig volume;The standard size measure 21-22 cm from top head to chin but some are only 20cm high.It is only few centimeters missing or in excess we are speaking about but the human eyes are very sensitive to small percentages changes in body measurements.

Luna head (standard size that is 21-22 cm from chin to top head and 13 cm wide) is slightly small compared to my 169 C cup with shoulders width of 37-38 cm. The size should be 23 cm by 14 cm for the doll to look more real.I will fix that.

I have contacted many head manufacturers including WMDOLL, ASDOLL but they have only few large heads they use for their heavy dolls and they are not willing as of now to sell them apart. For example ASDOLL sold me two heads with my 166 muscular ( 85 60 95 WEIGHT 45 kgs shoulder width 40 cm) the one I prefer is Monica but it is too small (21.5X13 cm). The other Rebecca is 23 cm by 14 cm and has the right size for such doll.

So I just decided to enlarge a standard size head to the larger size I made a reversible modification first to see if the face aspect do not change for the worst.(distortions)
My first head (previously 21.5 cm from chin to top head, 13 cm wide)modified to the larger size is a WMdoll supplied head #85 I wanted to fit on one of my 37 kgs 165 cm but this head looks too small when fitted on that body (doll with 38cm shoulder width, exact height standing 167cm)).
I removed the TPE "skin" from the skeleton box of the head. I cut plastic heavy duty foam sheets of 1cm and 0.5cm thick and scotched them (with medical non sticking scotch) around the skeleton box to increase its size (1cm more on top head, 1 cm more on chin and forefront, 0.5 cm more both side of the box.I then put back the TPE skin which fitted back with few noticeable tensile stress.
I have been astonished by the good result for that head at least. Oddly enough the head is more beautifull and the doll looks now really lifelike.The modified head is 23cm x14cm. The eyes moved 5-7 mm apart in harmony with the face small expansion.The mouth opened up a little more (3mm).
So now I will modify most of my heads because I have only tall dolls and mostly standard head . I will first modify the head skeleton on a reversible manner.After, if the results are positive long term I will probably add a thickness on the head skeleton box by using fiber glass resin.
If it works well for my other heads, then some head manufacturers could perhaps enlarge them slightly where needed without making a new head mould.(only changing the head skeleton after using the previous smaller head skeleton for moulding.)Maybe some do that already.

DexterQuest
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Enlarging head sizes to fit taller heavy dolls.

Post by DexterQuest »

This is good info. Are you going to reveal pictures of your work? I have a few heads that are too small as well. #90 looks good on small dolls only, but it is listed in the 140+ section. I was also surprised with 188. Looks tiny on my 157/b. #156 is mostly fine except she has a shallow chin.

I have 13 heads with 4 on order. Hope they turn out well.

Dollsampler
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dollsampler »

to dexterquest.
I have 9 dolls recently bought and I expect two more shortly(6YE 165F and DH168 161 D cup) and I have about 20 heads in total.
Only two heads have the large size (about 23cmx14cm) the others are mostly standard size (about 21.5cmX13cm)

Today I made another enlargement (reversible as described with plastic foam sheets) on a head from a MAIDEN doll 165 cm 88 56 86 cup D legs lenght 84 cm (body of large volume weighting 37 kgs despites a weight reducing foam box in the chest) delivered to me by an outlet Ali B. store Hunan hellomiss technology. It is a Maiden head of standard size (21.5cmX13cm). When I received the doll and saw her standing I found (like for the majority of the tall dolls (above 160cm) I bought) that the head was too small for the body (shoulders width 38 cm) and really even with the big size wig the doll was kind of looking proportionnaly unbalanced on the top.The body was of perfect quality and astonishingly lifelike (better than the WMDOLL I have). The TPE was softer than ASDOLL, DH168, WMDOLL but however slightly firmer than 6YE.
So I enlarged this MAIDEN DOLL head skeleton box with 1cm thick plastic foam sheets top head, forehead, and chin and 5 mm thick sheets on both sides.
Unlike the first head, here the eyes where poping out a little bit after replacing the TPE skin. I removed some cotton thickness behind the eyes and everything turned normal.
Amazing results again. This head is now by far beautyfuller and expressive (more alive) with the eyebrowns a little bit up as if the face was astonished and the mouth (which was almost closed before) opened up 4 mm.
The doll turned immediately more lifelike because all parts of the body are well balanced and the head has more life in it.
With already two excellent results in store, I will buy the fiberglass resin and make a perfectly smooth and gradual size modification for those two heads already tested. I intend to enlarge one by one (first on a reversible manner to judge if it is positive each time) another 10 heads including the beautifull ASDOLL Monica head and my Luna head fitted on the 6YE 169 C cup.
As you requested it, I will see if I can take pictures before and after enlargement some time if and when the process keep on producing astonishing good results of course.

DexterQuest
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DexterQuest »

Dollsampler, that sounds great. I know how much different eyes, make-up and wigs will change a doll. You are taking it to a whole new level. I'm glad you found a solution. I feel like if I tried something like that, the skin would be lumpy or uneven. You must have had artist precision with tapering foam so there was no shape drop off.

Dollsampler
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dollsampler »

dexterquest,
To enlarge a head on a reversible manner using plastic foam sheets is quite easy but it will not last long term.
Indeed the TPE skin is extended about 7 per cent (1,5 cm larger on a lenght of 21 cm and 1cm larger on a width of 13-14cm) so there is no sagging. But what we have to avoid is a differential of elongation between right and left side To achieve that we need a quite perfect symetry RIGHT-LEFT in the shape of the enlarged skeleton box. When you work with foam sheets of a given thickness it is quite easy to respect symetry.But with resin enlargement that is not so simple.
These last days I made a definitive enlargement of two head skeleton box using polyester putty(mastic) resin. There was of course much more work involved.
I had to use three successive coats:
First I applied a thick layer of polyester (with fiberglass or not) mastic resin in order to deposit the target thickness where needed It was not easy to do that on a smoothly manner because the resin harden very fast.(necessary to make that in three steps) and it is difficult to work the resin in thick layers
Then I use sand paper to smooth roughly and correct the shape for symetry and progressive thickness variation.
Then I use a wall filler (resisting to water and oil) in thiner thickness to smooth the overall surface.
Then I use again sandpaper (80) to smooth and correct the assymetry.
Finally I apply a polyester pure resin coat (no mastic) to separate the wall filler( from the TPE skin when refitted) and I get a very smooth result. .
Quite some work for a head but the result is finally incredibly good.
Remarks:
The system with foam sheet doesnt add weight to the head but it wont last long (with oiling of the head skin) and there is no way for the TPE skin to connect back with the head skeleton box if necessary
The method with polyester resin add about half a kilo to the doll weight.(the original head skeleton is hollow and lightweight)
The doll is 1cm taller.I am looking for a way to establish anew the adhesion between the new skeleton head box and the skin TPE( if needed, because I noticed the skin TPE doesnt slide along the skeleton box as it is secured by the mouth channel)

Dollsampler
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dollsampler »

Some update.
In order to reduce the weight increase due to the polyester mastic added to the head skeleton box (about half a liter used ) I bought today a polyester light mastic with a Density of 0.25 instead of 1. I will test it for adhesion and solidity on the original fiberglass resin made head box.

Dollsampler
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dollsampler »

Picture of the same head WMD 53 with no wig after and before enlargement:
P1020214.JPG
P1020214.JPG (5.43 MiB) Viewed 3158 times
Picture of the enlarged head aside the original with a wig
P1020211.JPG
P1020211.JPG (5.51 MiB) Viewed 3158 times
The head tpe skin of both heads
P1020213.JPG
P1020213.JPG (5.47 MiB) Viewed 3158 times
The enlarged head with the wig aside the original
P1020216.JPG
P1020216.JPG (5.71 MiB) Viewed 3158 times
The head skeleton boxes after and before enlargement
P1020212.JPG
P1020212.JPG (5.4 MiB) Viewed 3158 times
Finally above are some pictures of the enlarging results of a variant of WNDOLL head 53. I have two examplar of that same head so I am able to show on the same pictures head aspect before and after enlarging. You will notice that the emlarged head is about 1.5 cm longer and 1 cm wider and also that the eyes are more open (adjustable easily with cotton balls) and the mouth is slightly more open.This work has been done as described above using 3 successive coats:1cm to 0.5 cm thick polyester mastic , wall filler for smoothing and polyester resin to protect the wall filler
On my new realisations I use instead of the final polyester resin a TPE paint (used for car rims painting ) in order to improve the stickiness of the head TPE with the enlarged skeleton box. If necessary it will be possible to bond again the TPE skin with the skeleton box as the TPE paint has a good adherence to the polyester and to the filler.]
Attachments
P1020211.JPG
P1020211.JPG (5.51 MiB) Viewed 3158 times
P1020212.JPG
P1020212.JPG (5.4 MiB) Viewed 3158 times

genmasaotome
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by genmasaotome »

This is amazing! You may have missed your calling if you aren't already a cosmetic surgeon.

avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by avante »

Really great! IF you might have some other examples, maybe even with head+body difference, I'd sure be interested to see. Def. something to consider doing myself too!
New in: IT 164+ the curves are real: viewtopic.php?p=2475683#p2475683
My doll experience : WM 158D tales & pics: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=85063&start=465

Dollsampler
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dollsampler »

avante wrote:Really great! IF you might have some other examples, maybe even with head+body difference, I'd sure be interested to see. Def. something to consider doing myself too!
First of all, the lightweight resin work well also. That mean the weight added is now .10 kg only.

Here is another example where you see on the left a BJdoll N 38 realistic top model type 168C 84 60 90 with a normal JY head 17 (22cm from top head to chin) and on the right a JYdoll 165D fantasy shaped body 88 55 88 with an enlarged JY head 17.(23.5 cm from top head to chin) This latter doll has now a 166cm height.
P1020524.JPG
P1020524.JPG (2.35 MiB) Viewed 2324 times

Please note also that as a good surprise the N7 head I received a short while ago with my 166A is in fact an adult sized head of 22cm from top head to chin. However the Japanese style head N53 is only 20cm from top head to chin and need a wig with big volume to fit the 166A.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Dollsampler, great ideas and realizations! :thumbs_up: 8) Think beside MF easy move eyes and hand improvement project this could become most wanted doll mod opportunity as well. Thanks for sharing! :)

garriola83
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by garriola83 »

Im definitely thinking about doing this to my dolls heads. Some are just too small for the tall doll that I got.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

in the meantime I got something improvised with similar effect. 8)

viewtopic.php?f=388&t=117164

garriola83
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by garriola83 »

-Ragnar66- wrote:in the meantime I got something improvised with similar effect. 8)

viewtopic.php?f=388&t=117164
Good to know! Thanks Ragnar!

INFORMATIONS