www.irontechdoll.com

Can IT care to explain and remedy this situation?

Irontech Doll brand, is owned and operated by Shenzhen Iron Technology Co.,Ltd. Various new designs and updates on craftsmanship arise here all the time. We keep improving on the design, doll craftsmanship and other details. We know that only great work can meet the customers' demand for beauty.
Merida

Can IT care to explain and remedy this situation?

Post by Merida »

This was taken from the original thread here: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 3&start=15
Panther68 wrote:
Tsall wrote:
Boobman wrote:... between the two dolls that 5 cm difference seems larger.
That was my first thought.

@Panther: Can you please measure them? Is your AS168 taller then Ayumi?
Boobman and Tsall, you are correct. The first thing I noticed was taking the heads out of the bag. The were smaller than Ayumi's head at 20 cm vs 22 cm. Then when I stood her out of the box. She looked so much shorter to my AS 168. After placing her head on, I started taking measurements and weighed her.

Ayumi though advertised as a 168 at 42 kg really is 171 cm at 45 kg.

AS 168 advertised as a 168 at 33 kg really is 168 cm at 41 kg

Irontech 163 advertised as a 163 at 36 kg really is a 158 cm at 41 kg

So, she is much shorter than I expected, I usually prefer taller models, but where I live, most women are about this height as most are Latina, Filipina, or Chinese. So, I shouldn't have any problems taking her outdoors for photo sessions as she is not short and young looking. She looks like a short woman, but this is a perfect example of how much a manufacturers measurements can be inaccurate.

It's a bit of a pet peeve, as all of us have easy access to a cloth measuring tape and can take some accurate measurements and weights.
Irontech… Would you care to explain how erroneous your specifications are. And are you going to fix it!

Take a good look at this. SHE IS NOT 163cm!

(sorry Panther I did not mean to hijack your photo)

Here I thought that the 163cm would be "the one" that I would surely purchase in the near future but after seeing this... I may have to rethink my search.

I'm a bit pissed right now. And I'm pretty sure that a lot of current and would be buyers are simply fed up with inaccurate doll specifications.

Take real Height and Weight Physician Scale and do it the right way!

If any other IT owners out there can share their own real specs, don't hesitate to add so Irontech can rethink their strategy and not come up with the real deal and not excuses.

Dollsampler
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Can IT care to explain and remedy this situation?

Post by Dollsampler »

Hi Merida,
I have already reviewed 3 IRT dolls the 168 AYUMI (171cm) the 168 plump (correct 168cm but weight 46 kgs) the IRT 169 from the SM mould, the real height was 165cm (with my adult heads on) and the weight was 38kgs.
This latter IRT 169 was also the DH168 170 model so that brand also incorrectly stated the height of their doll.Now IRT has made their own mould for the IRT 169 (thicker and heavier doll) but no reviews so far to know the exact height of that new one.

On some other occasions with other brands I have rather found dolls sligthly taller than labeled.

WARNING ABOUT THE HEAD SIZE
I emphasize however that the head size play an important role in the total height of the doll. Panther68 has a small 20cm head for the 163. I think that with my Jennifer head (23.5 cm) the 163 should be over 161cm tall.TOO OFTEN for commercial reasons (as most of their heads are made for 155cm dolls) now manufacturers still sell heads too little for their tall bodies despites that is so easy to verify.

That is the Reason why I Always ask to the factory what is the height of the body without head (feet sole to upper side of neck thread) in order to ascertain the final height of the dolls I buy. And I only buy heads having 22cm plus in height for my dolls as I am almost only interested in 165cmplus tall dolls.

In the example of the IRT 163 IF THE HEIGHT OF THE BODY WITHOUT HEAD IS 146-147 cm, taking in account her thickness (need an adult sized head which add 17cm like VERA) SHE FOR SURE IS A WELL BALANCED 163cm doll.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

In the example of the IRT 163 IF THE HEIGHT OF THE BODY WITHOUT HEAD IS 146-147 cm, taking in account her thickness (need an adult sized head which add 17cm like VERA) SHE FOR SURE IS A WELL BALANCED 163cm doll.
Valid point so it is almost like a gallery of dolls with different faces should be in a range like 158-163 pending the face chosen.
Which means having faces have a size as well, right?
Best,
Jeff

Merida

Post by Merida »

They do show all the faces in the "options" part of the website. But there is no information regarding specifications.

This adds another level of complexity in which the buyer has to face.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Merida,
If any mfr is willing to go that step, IT will.
The combination of head and body type matter as well.
Some heads look fine on a taller thin body for example, but the height will change.
Now, a 2" difference means alot more on smaller dolls percentage wise, but my main concern would be weight.
Yes, height is important as well, but 2 inches off is no where as bad as dolls listed at 62 lbs that are closer to 90 lbs!
BTW, that huge number was not from an IT doll
Jeff

Dollsampler
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dollsampler »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:
Valid point so it is almost like a gallery of dolls with different faces should be in a range like 158-163 pending the face chosen.
Which means having faces have a size as well, right?
Best,
Jeff
Hi Jeff,
Panther68 just informed me that the height of the IRT 163 body without head is ONLY 142cm.That is not enough for a body labelled 163cm with head (should have been 146-147cm) . Even with VERA head (large size 23cm plus, add 17-18cm) she would be only 160cm tall. With Panther 68 JANE head (standard size around 20 plus cm) the 163 is only measured by him at around 158 cm

INFORMATIONS