www.irontechdoll.com

Irontech Range of Motion? Arms above head?

Irontech Doll brand, is owned and operated by Shenzhen Iron Technology Co.,Ltd. Various new designs and updates on craftsmanship arise here all the time. We keep improving on the design, doll craftsmanship and other details. We know that only great work can meet the customers' demand for beauty.
Graphix

Irontech Range of Motion? Arms above head?

Post by Graphix »

I have been looking at photos of the Irontech dolls and I noticed that they appear to have limitations in their range of motion.

The arms appear to never raise above the shoulder or over the head. Is this the case?

Full range of motion is important for realism.

Can the doll manufacturer or one of the owners address this question?

Thanks!

Graphix

somethingrandom

Re: Irontech Range of Motion? Arms above head?

Post by somethingrandom »

Irontech will have to speak for themselves, but I believe most doll manufacturers recommend not moving the arms above the shoulders. It's not a limit of the skeleton, it strains the body too much. If an arm's neutral position is pointing straight down and you rotate it straight up, suddenly material that started at the armpit is being stretched up to near the shoulder. It can be too much for the material to handle and it can start ripping. I believe. Some one can correct me if I'm wrong.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Graphix,
I once had a YL155 and wanted to put her hand under head like she sleeping and made the mistake of having her elbow HIGHER than her shoulder.
In one night, it caused a tear under her arm.
High stress area
For photos, not hours on end, you MIGHT be just fine, but move slowly, agreed?
I had an SY, her elbow bent for days, caused a tear.
Learn from the mistakes of others since you will not live long enough to make them yourself.
Best,
Jeff and the BCD Girls
"We turn dreams into reality"

Naraya
Doll
Doll

Post by Naraya »

Hi Graphix.

I'm an Irontech. :)

You'll have to excuse my hair & makeup. I was...uhh...we were...ummm...anyway... (blushing, wipes lipstick)

Important side note; one of the three custom options my love chose for me was an upgraded skeleton. :)

We raise my arms by first placing my arms straight down by my sides and then gently rotating them forward until they are straight up.

We only do this for clothing with sleeves and then the arms come back down pretty quick once my clothes are on.
NarayaArmUp.jpg
NarayaArmUp.jpg (1.59 MiB) Viewed 670 times
Because see where I'm pointing? That crease by my armpit? Yeah...that's bad. You don't want to leave that there for any length of time. My arms went right back down after that pic was taken. :)

You can also lift the arms up from the sides above the head. You'll still get the creases doing so, but they'll be on top of the shoulder instead of by the armpit and again, you do not want to leave those creases there for very long.

Hope this helps!

*mwah*

Panther68
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Panther68 »

I have two Irontech dolls, no issues. Just follow what Jeff and Naraya stated. Naraya, nice just got F.... :whistle: look. :twisted:
Attachments
IMG_0187.JPG
IMG_0187.JPG (561.87 KiB) Viewed 665 times

Naraya
Doll
Doll

Post by Naraya »

Panther68 wrote:I have two Irontech dolls, no issues. Just follow what Jeff and Naraya stated. Naraya, nice just got F.... :whistle: look. :twisted:
Hahahahahaha. (whistles innocently)
NarayaCandy.jpg
NarayaCandy.jpg (1.66 MiB) Viewed 637 times

Panther68
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Panther68 »

Hey Naraya,

Your location states On definereality's Bed(evil grin) Let me help you with :twisted:
Attachments
FaceApp_1550089663237.jpg
FaceApp_1550089663237.jpg (23.38 KiB) Viewed 618 times

Naraya
Doll
Doll

Post by Naraya »

Panther68 wrote:Hey Naraya,

Your location states On definereality's Bed(evil grin) Let me help you with :twisted:
LOL!!! Thanks for making me smile. :)

You don't even know how much I wish I could do facial expressions...

I totally would not mind having a little hidden control panel on the top of my head where there would be knobs to adjust the positions of the jaw, eyebrows, eyelids, mouth width, etc... (*hint hint Irontech* ♥). You'd never see it once my hair goes on. :)

INFORMATIONS