www.irontechdoll.com

IronTech Handplate-Finger Attachment

Irontech Doll brand, is owned and operated by Shenzhen Iron Technology Co.,Ltd. Various new designs and updates on craftsmanship arise here all the time. We keep improving on the design, doll craftsmanship and other details. We know that only great work can meet the customers' demand for beauty.
Dutch_Husband

Re: IronTech Handplate-Finger Attachment

Post by Dutch_Husband »

-Ragnar66- wrote:Here´s one of Izabel´s sad condition hands showing the pre configured finger wire bends. I think before attempt posing fingers, particulalry thumb and little finger, one should have this in mind.
Izabel_IT155cm_BothHands.jpg
Izabel_IT155cm_BothHands.jpg (69.5 KiB) Viewed 893 times
As you and MF point out, this is the problem.

The hand plate is not as large as the palm of the hand. So, when rotating the wrist, you are squeezing soft tpe and applying torque. In new dolls with stiff wrist joints, considerable force is needed to rotate the wrist. This bends the wires and eventually they break, often right by the hand plate. Having just wires in the palm of the hand also allows the hand to bend in the middle of the palm when it should not. This causes the wires to bend in the hand and leads to fingers that are twisted so the nails are on the side instead of up. Fingers bend at the knuckles, not the palm. MF's mod addresses this by forcing the wires to only bend at the knuckles.

Like I did with my "More Durable Foot" project, (viewtopic.php?f=229&t=113849), I am experimenting with filling the surrounding area around the hand plate sides and up to the actual knuckles with Shoo Goo. This will provide a firm way to grasp and rotate the wrist without putting stress on the wires. The Shoo Goo cures to a hard plastic, but once the hand is resealed, it will be covered with soft tpe. This method, or MF's mod, require hand surgery. But hopefully some manufacturer will use these ideas to produce hands that do not have these problems.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is.

Gabriella
WM 168G w/WM 233 head
https://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/t ... album=9855

Evita Valentine
WM 170H w/WM 233 head (Retired due to catastrophic failure)
https://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/t ... album=9685

icewind

Post by icewind »

Just a few inspirations for you... :wink:
Reparatur Fingerdrähte 01.jpg
Reparatur Fingerdrähte 01.jpg (97.13 KiB) Viewed 888 times
Reparatur Fingerdrähte 02.jpg
Reparatur Fingerdrähte 02.jpg (53.69 KiB) Viewed 888 times
Reparatur Fingerdrähte 07.jpg
Reparatur Fingerdrähte 07.jpg (69.69 KiB) Viewed 888 times
Reparatur Fingerdrähte 08.jpg
Reparatur Fingerdrähte 08.jpg (93.11 KiB) Viewed 888 times
Reparatur Fingerdrähte 11.jpg
Reparatur Fingerdrähte 11.jpg (87.49 KiB) Viewed 888 times
Reparatur Fingerdrähte 13.jpg
Reparatur Fingerdrähte 13.jpg (73.94 KiB) Viewed 888 times
Reparatur Fingerdrähte 15.jpg
Reparatur Fingerdrähte 15.jpg (84.32 KiB) Viewed 888 times
Current number of my doll family members: 47

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Wow! Now that´s some great responses in here! 8O 8) So it seems there´s still hope for Izabel to get her nice hands (I really love them) back functioning properly! Icewind, we need to talk some! 8)

I´d followed MannequinFan´s projects before and I hope as well that manufacturers start listening and get inspired! :thumbs_up:

Dutch_Husband

Post by Dutch_Husband »

@Icewind. Nice work.
But, like I mentioned, the hand-plate is too small. This means her palm will be taking a lot of torque when turning the wrists. The hands also cannot support any weight.

The hand-plate should be just a bit smaller than the palm of the hand. You would want plenty of supporting structure protecting the wires, but also enough tpe covering to give the hand a soft, natural feel.

Good job on that repair!
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is.

Gabriella
WM 168G w/WM 233 head
https://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/t ... album=9855

Evita Valentine
WM 170H w/WM 233 head (Retired due to catastrophic failure)
https://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/t ... album=9685

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

So I finally got to the point to tackle this with some urgency. Finger wires poking through and the other damages (ellbow, foot, wrist and butt) make some immediate actions essential. Any further posing or general "doll use" needs beeing suspended unfortunately, but... oh well. Since Leonard was so kind to provide my some TPE for repairs I now can get this started. Still waiting for the ordered soldering iron which can be set to temperatures between 90° to 250° freely. Should be the right tool I think. Yet no funds for the infra red temperature measuring thing yet.

Regarding finger wires I can confirm these are not broken, but simply pulled out from their mountings. I´ve yet to think about if I just reattach (and fix) or try on some measures as proposed by icewind or other TDF members in example. :|

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Dutch_Husband wrote:
-Ragnar66- wrote:Here´s one of Izabel´s sad condition hands showing the pre configured finger wire bends. I think before attempt posing fingers, particulalry thumb and little finger, one should have this in mind.
As you and MF point out, this is the problem.

The hand plate is not as large as the palm of the hand. So, when rotating the wrist, you are squeezing soft tpe and applying torque. In new dolls with stiff wrist joints, considerable force is needed to rotate the wrist. This bends the wires and eventually they break, often right by the hand plate. Having just wires in the palm of the hand also allows the hand to bend in the middle of the palm when it should not. This causes the wires to bend in the hand and leads to fingers that are twisted so the nails are on the side instead of up. Fingers bend at the knuckles, not the palm. MF's mod addresses this by forcing the wires to only bend at the knuckles.
Figured the right hand rotating technique at the beginning very soon. Just squeeze the hand, figure the exact position of the hand plate, then just grab that part and turn 90° toward the wrist/under arm. This gives the correct angle and leverage for fairly easy hand rotation withouth damaging the finger wires. Among the most important noob info as I found out myself. :razz:

INFORMATIONS