www.irontechdoll.com

Chemicals on IT factory delivery wigs

Irontech Doll brand, is owned and operated by Shenzhen Iron Technology Co.,Ltd. Various new designs and updates on craftsmanship arise here all the time. We keep improving on the design, doll craftsmanship and other details. We know that only great work can meet the customers' demand for beauty.
-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Chemicals on IT factory delivery wigs

Post by -Ragnar66- »

I just got some allergic reactions on my hands and arms again (uncomfortable light burning and itching). This just happened the days after I got Selina head and two included wigs. Since none other my body or skin parts are affected I suspect it´s the wigs actually. Had a similar experience when Izabel and 155cm body arrived. Same allergic reactions on hands and arms. These went away after I washed the factory wig first time. Didn´t have same experience once I purchased a Kanekalon wig from amazon. So is there known issues with chemicals and allergies from the wigs, or is it just me beeing overly sensitive? 8O :| Both new wigs are put away for intensive washing tomorrow.

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Chemicals on IT factory delivery wigs

Post by Dollarhyde »

Most of the wigs that you get with your doll are generally sourced from (well the most inexpensive vendors). Remember the cheaper the accessories the more they make on the end product. This is the same with security cameras, the difference between consumer and commercial is a marked difference. The cabling is thicker and the plastics are more robust and can handle more abuse but where they really shine is in the picture quality... But I'm getting a bit off-topic... I generally do not keep the factory wigs and give them away to Goodwill or other donation outlets.

One of the ways you can probably fix this issue is to wash the wig by soaking it in Woolite or something even conditioner to wash out the chemical and after hanging them to dry out see if it still effects your skin.
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Dollarhyde wrote:Most of the wigs that you get with your doll are generally sourced from (well the most inexpensive vendors). Remember the cheaper the accessories the more they make on the end product. This is the same with security cameras, the difference between consumer and commercial is a marked difference. The cabling is thicker and the plastics are more robust and can handle more abuse but where they really shine is in the picture quality... But I'm getting a bit off-topic... I generally do not keep the factory wigs and give them away to Goodwill or other donation outlets.

One of the ways you can probably fix this issue is to wash the wig by soaking it in Woolite or something even conditioner to wash out the chemical and after hanging them to dry out see if it still effects your skin.
Yes I´ll do tomorrow directly. Didn´t suspect the wig initially when Izabel (and wig) arrived 2 1/2 months back. Could ´ve been all kind of sources with the doll and accessories. At first I suspected possible talcum powder (I know I´m allergic to it), but I think there wasn´t any at all on the doll when delivered. Thus with the new IT wigs my suspicion settled. I can fairly well exclude any other possible sources and since it´s just my hands and arms getting in frequent contact with them it can actually just that. Okay.... lesson learned then. Nothing serious, yet uncomfortable nonetheless. :razz:

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

-Ragnar66- wrote:
Dollarhyde wrote:Most of the wigs that you get with your doll are generally sourced from (well the most inexpensive vendors). Remember the cheaper the accessories the more they make on the end product. This is the same with security cameras, the difference between consumer and commercial is a marked difference. The cabling is thicker and the plastics are more robust and can handle more abuse but where they really shine is in the picture quality... But I'm getting a bit off-topic... I generally do not keep the factory wigs and give them away to Goodwill or other donation outlets.

Yes I´ll do tomorrow directly. Didn´t suspect the wig initially when Izabel (and wig) arrived 2 1/2 months back. Could ´ve been all kind of sources with the doll and accessories. At first I suspected possible talcum powder (I know I´m allergic to it), but I think there wasn´t any at all on the doll when delivered. Thus with the new IT wigs my suspicion settled. I can fairly well exclude any other possible sources and since it´s just my hands and arms getting in frequent contact with them it can actually just that. Okay.... lesson learned then. Nothing serious, yet uncomfortable nonetheless. :razz:
Put some Cortisone Cream on it and the itch and bumps will reduce... :glou:

AGL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AGL »

I had a wig that I got a while back which smelled absolutely awful, and seemed to make me itch as well. I think it had something to do with the dye that they used, as it was a very red wig. I washed it twice, which lessened the smell, but it still was there. I haven't used that wig much since then. It wasn't an IT wig though, just one I got off of Amazon. These days, I try to stick with the better quality front lace wigs, and haven't had any issues.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Dollarhyde wrote:
Put some Cortisone Cream on it and the itch and bumps will reduce... :glou:
It´s not thaaat bad fortunately. It goes away within few days without any treatments. :) I´ll use gloves when cleaning the wigs though.
AGL wrote:I had a wig that I got a while back which smelled absolutely awful, and seemed to make me itch as well. I think it had something to do with the dye that they used, as it was a very red wig. I washed it twice, which lessened the smell, but it still was there. I haven't used that wig much since then. It wasn't an IT wig though, just one I got off of Amazon. These days, I try to stick with the better quality front lace wigs, and haven't had any issues.
Yes, same for the factory wigs, at least the very first one I received. The latter two aren´t that bad with regard to just smells. The Kanekalon lace front (of ~40$) didn´t pose any problems at all. No allergies and the smell upon delivery was a nice citrus like. :)

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

I would say is more likely to be the type of sinthetic fiber rather than any chemical rag....

Just sounds like your skin doesn't appreciate the cheap fibers of those wigs.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Maviarab wrote:I would say is more likely to be the type of sinthetic fiber rather than any chemical rag....

Just sounds like your skin doesn't appreciate the cheap fibers of those wigs.
hard to tell unless I´d make some allergy testing at my docs. But intensive washing appeared to do the trick for me personally. I´ll see how it works out after washing the new wigs then. :)

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

Rag just soak the wigs... DO NOT vigorously wash... It's soak and squeeze and then repeat you can change the solution but no vigorous scrubbing on the wig or you will destroy the wig as well as get some really nasty tangles. :multi:

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Dollarhyde wrote:Rag just soak the wigs... DO NOT vigorously wash... It's soak and squeeze and then repeat you can change the solution but no vigorous scrubbing on the wig or you will destroy the wig as well as get some really nasty tangles. :multi:
I did my homeworks in this regard before, so don´t worry. :) Before I purchased my doll I actually watched and bookmarked this (cheers Icewind). As applied to the other 2 wigs.

INFORMATIONS