www.irontechdoll.com

Doll Cleanliness

Irontech Doll brand, is owned and operated by Shenzhen Iron Technology Co.,Ltd. Various new designs and updates on craftsmanship arise here all the time. We keep improving on the design, doll craftsmanship and other details. We know that only great work can meet the customers' demand for beauty.
-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Doll Cleanliness

Post by -Ragnar66- »

so it´s been a second time that concerns were mentioned regarding my dolls "cleanliness". Yes, she looks "dirty" on a number of pics, but that´s not from me not cleaning her frequently. She gets her cleaning 2-3 times the week. But if not powdering the doll and not using appropiate bedding or blankets, tons of unwanted stuff again start sticking at the instance. Same for some clothes. That it´s not appealing everyones standards in doll aesthetics is totally clear to me. Yet I´ll remain with non powdering as it´s simply the best looks and feel. 8) Yet got to look for better bedding materials and stuff more appropiate, particularly for when before photo shooting.

I also like to point to my thread on doll cleaning (again). :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=388&t=116209

Till I got some the issues solved I´ll suspend all planned on photo sessions. Not regarding that I´d like to more present the average "doll user" and less the ones who do great efforts to make their dolls look as "perfect" (whatever that means) as possible.

thanks, Ragnar

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Doll Cleanliness

Post by Zippy81 »

I keep the gals here wrapped in their microfiber blanket when they are in bed with me. ;D Might be an option for ya? Unsure on cleaning an IT gal though i dont know how their tpe is.on deep cleaning I use the plastic card and oil vaseline mix approach to trudge out the dirt from the tpe pores. But again the gals here are all jinsan/wm

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Some quick research decided me to the following:

1. I´ll obtain sufficiently high Q polyester micro fibre beddings. (for just myself, wasn´t much of a concern previously)

2. Use the textile brush already in my possession more often and with better effect.

3. Same for clothes and related items.

4. Avoid use of hair shedding wigs as much as possible. (hard to adhere to with just one Kanekalon in my possession ATM)

5. Adjust lighting and photo shooting techniques in order to not exaggerate skin looks in bad ways too much.

6. Other than that, what I said in OP. Powdering remains NOGO, no matter what. ;)

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Zippy81 wrote:I keep the gals here wrapped in their microfiber blanket when they are in bed with me. ;D Might be an option for ya? Unsure on cleaning an IT gal though i dont know how their tpe is.on deep cleaning I use the plastic card and oil vaseline mix approach to trudge out the dirt from the tpe pores. But again the gals here are all jinsan/wm
Thanks! :) I think "micro fibre" is key here. Not just for beddings, but also for washing utilities like micro fibre washcloth and towels. Thus far micro fibre and pure water was sufficient for me and my doll. I don´t think that IT TPE (of current production line) needs any chemicals for cleaning nor maintaining. Baby oil is quite a mixed bag. For removing strong stains or unwanted make up, it´s ok. But otherwise I like to avoid. Vaseline appears good for intimate "lubing" and "maybe" keep a dolls stress areas in better shape. But thus far it only seems unconfirmed guessworks to me. Unless Leonard gives explicit info on that detail, I´ll remain with "guessworks".

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

A few months ago I did a write up of what I do for my Tiffany, a WM155DD TPE doll. Not sure if it will help but may give you some ideas. :D

This is a "deep clean" that I do every 6 months or so when Tiffany is getting a bit too dirty:

1. I removed her head for safety and tied plastic bags around her feet to keep water away from the foot bolts.
2. Got a big towel on a flat surface and laid her body on it.
3. Put an old teeshirt on myself as I knew I was going to get mucky!
4. First I soaked Tiffany's body in baby oil - I used quite a bit of baby oil !!
5. Then I used my hands to massage the oil into her skin, moving my hands down her body towards her feet, or towards her hands if you're doing her arms.
6. I added more oil and kept doing this massaging, to work out all the dirt from her skin. The dirt can be squeezed out of the TPE by using your fingers. Like what the Romans used to do! :D
7. You can see the oil getting really dirty and leaving dark streaks and clumps on her skin.
8. I used a soft cloth to dab away and soak up the dark dirt streaks off her body.
9. Then I rolled her over onto her front and repeated the process all over her back and down the backs of her legs and arms.
10. Repeat all this a few times, especially on the really dirty areas like her knees.

At this point a lot of dirt has been removed, so she can now be washed.

11. I put a small stool in the bath and sat her on it.
12. I then wet her body with warm water - keeping the water away from the neck bolt and feet bolts.
13. I then lathered her body all over with soap and rinsed her off, repeated this a couple of times.
14. Once all the old dirt and baby oil was washed off I dabbed her down with a towel to dry her - don't rub her skin!

At this point she should be pretty clean so I brought her back out of the bathroom and laid her on her towel.
Make sure there's NO water inside her vagina, use paper towels to dry her in there as you don't want mould to form. Open her legs a bit to let air inside her.
I then gave her another massage with the baby oil and this time left it to soak in. I'll let it dry for about 24 hours or so - she's off limits now!!! :(

The next stage will be to give her a light talcing to make her skin smooth. I'll do that tomorrow.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Just curious...I know you said 'feel'....does she not become all sticky and tacky without powdering? So assuming you prefer this feel over her being smooth?

Back to the topic heh (sorry)..yeah large microfiber cloths....or perhaps 200 count Egyptian cotton bed sheets (not expensive) to keep her covered in if you're not going to powder her should keep her free of everything that will want to be drawn to her. They are dust magnets unfortunately, so if don't want to powder (one of the main reasons for doing it)...she is gonna attract everything under the sun.

Keeping her covered in some nice sheets is probably the simplest and easiest solution though yes :)

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

djcdoll wrote:A few months ago I did a write up of what I do for my Tiffany, a WM155DD TPE doll. Not sure if it will help but may give you some ideas. :D

This is a "deep clean" that I do every 6 months or so when Tiffany is getting a bit too dirty:

1. I removed her head for safety and tied plastic bags around her feet to keep water away from the foot bolts.
2. Got a big towel on a flat surface and laid her body on it.
3. Put an old teeshirt on myself as I knew I was going to get mucky!
4. First I soaked Tiffany's body in baby oil - I used quite a bit of baby oil !!
5. Then I used my hands to massage the oil into her skin, moving my hands down her body towards her feet, or towards her hands if you're doing her arms.
6. I added more oil and kept doing this massaging, to work out all the dirt from her skin. The dirt can be squeezed out of the TPE by using your fingers. Like what the Romans used to do! :D
7. You can see the oil getting really dirty and leaving dark streaks and clumps on her skin.
8. I used a soft cloth to dab away and soak up the dark dirt streaks off her body.
9. Then I rolled her over onto her front and repeated the process all over her back and down the backs of her legs and arms.
10. Repeat all this a few times, especially on the really dirty areas like her knees.

At this point a lot of dirt has been removed, so she can now be washed.

11. I put a small stool in the bath and sat her on it.
12. I then wet her body with warm water - keeping the water away from the neck bolt and feet bolts.
13. I then lathered her body all over with soap and rinsed her off, repeated this a couple of times.
14. Once all the old dirt and baby oil was washed off I dabbed her down with a towel to dry her - don't rub her skin!

At this point she should be pretty clean so I brought her back out of the bathroom and laid her on her towel.
Make sure there's NO water inside her vagina, use paper towels to dry her in there as you don't want mould to form. Open her legs a bit to let air inside her.
I then gave her another massage with the baby oil and this time left it to soak in. I'll let it dry for about 24 hours or so - she's off limits now!!! :(

The next stage will be to give her a light talcing to make her skin smooth. I'll do that tomorrow.
Thanks. Yet need some official confirmation on current IronTech TPE regarding baby oil treatments first as said.

Considering IronTech info site:

http://www.irontechdoll.com/detail/Comp ... n-225.html

and the official "Love Doll" manual as delivered with my doll there´s following info concerned:

6. ....powder the doll with talcum powder... (I won´t do since I´m allergic to it)
9. ...clean with normal temperature water and some bath dew.... . ... powder the doll with talcum powder. (I use some nice smelling coconut shower gel for the purpose. Love it! :whistle: )

That´s it concerned just cleaning. No mention of baby oil, nor vaseline. Must be a reason for it I´d guess.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Maviarab wrote:Just curious...I know you said 'feel'....does she not become all sticky and tacky without powdering? So assuming you prefer this feel over her being smooth?

Back to the topic heh (sorry)..yeah large microfiber cloths....or perhaps 200 count Egyptian cotton bed sheets (not expensive) to keep her covered in if you're not going to powder her should keep her free of everything that will want to be drawn to her. They are dust magnets unfortunately, so if don't want to powder (one of the main reasons for doing it)...she is gonna attract everything under the sun.

Keeping her covered in some nice sheets is probably the simplest and easiest solution though yes :)
Yes, she feels slightly "sticky" after just washing, but in fact I like it more than powdered (which I just tried once and then never again). The skin texture feels just nice unpowdered and stickyness only becomes bits of concern when fondling. But when just grabbing or firm holding :mrgreen: the skin and TPE just feels great! :whistle: :mrgreen:

I´ll see if I can get an additional micro fibre blanket for just covering purposes, thanks. :)

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Interesting observation since my OP. Although she got washed intensively she again collected lots of stuff from the white blanket at the instance. The blanket´s just 2 months old, washed and brushed with that special textile brush. Now the interesting part is that the skin collected myriads of the blankets whitish micro fibres. These changed the skins properties for photo shooting quite noticably. Since that´s not an entirely new find (experimented with dirt collecting for same purpose before), one can make bits of use of it similar to a normally powdered doll. As I mentioned before, I very much prefer non powdered for feel and touch, but even more important to me personally is that non powdered has big advantages for plain photo shooting! No idea if that counts for all dolls and brands, but that´s my experience. 8)
AlyonaDustCollector.jpg
AlyonaDustCollector.jpg (958.68 KiB) Viewed 1813 times

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Hi Ragnar, look mate opinions vary on maintenance and upkeep, and I am seeing you are catching some materials staining issues to.

If you are interested I did a write up on my tpe dolls care and maintenance a while back, myself not a fan of powdering unless storing, and do not get a stickiness issue at all.

if anything, My silicone girls collect the most dust (and I actually powder them, not the tpe ones...but hey...good on them, they collect more dust than my ex wife ever did...so they are doing housework in their own way...LOL)

Anyhow my write up for tpe maintenance was here

viewtopic.php?p=1000381#p1000381 some reading in that, only 4 pages.

and I did an explanatory write up here

viewtopic.php?p=1257102#p1257102

So I will add that with the more recent tpe girls with evolution in formulations far less Vaseline treatments are required and no where near the same degree of oiling...but those two topic do give some easy tests on how to determine what and when is appropriate.

Now if you really want the science behind it....this little extract when discussion newer tpe blend formulations and hydrocarbon interaction may be of interest
Anung Un Rama wrote: (edited out as commercial in confidence for maker)

.....Yes the formulation has got me interested as well, as perhaps the later batches are far more "tpe" classified blends, than the silicone latex or perhaps earlier formulations. :?

I have been trying to determine how they have achieved co-polymer bonding within the crystalline matrices myself, as using both ionic and covalent bonding chemistry 101 against known styrene based matrices, well, there are just has spare electrons everywhere, formulatively speaking.

The assumption here, like in the article is, either block or graft polymerization techniques, ergo one of the monomers provides the hard, or crystalline, polymer segment that functions as a thermally stable component; and, the other monomer develops the soft or amorphous segment, which contributes the elastometric or rubbery characteristic.

How petrochemical hydrocarbons interact is dependent more so on the ionic properties and valency of the amorphous molecules in the intermix, I would suggest, and it is within the inter molecular actions (Equilibrium Morphology of substrates) of the styrene–butadiene–styrene (SBS) and styrene–(ethylene–butylene)–styrene (SEBS) intermix ratios.

I am not a chemist, and merely have a basic understanding from an engineers perspective.

Now, I do not over smear Vaseline, and use the pure snow white variant, in a very light smear, more as an initial lubricant for assembly and a mold inhibitor.

So far with my tpe dolls (a few of them are hitting 4 years old) I have been able to keep them both damage and tare free, suggesting minimal if any degrading effects of the application, but then again, it is a very light exposure.

Now , noting the absorption rate characteristic, on my (edited out as commercial in confidence for maker), I strongly suggest that she is in fact heavily weighted for a tpe classified formulation, rather than a latex to silicone blend, and I suspect this is (edited out as commercial in confidence for maker) rep's playing a lost in translation game to (edited out as commercial in confidence for maker) the patent holder (edited out as commercial in confidence for maker) (using the Chinese vernacular same, same but different).....

(edited out as commercial in confidence for maker)

So sure, I do not endorse dousing a dolly in hydrocarbon, but in terms of spared use, it certainly has allowed free electron replenishment of the amorphous segment molecules that tend to dump bonds as tpe sweat (leaching oil type product), but again these could be all those wacky free electrons we were formualtively discussing, forming their own free radical byproducts as well.

As for chassis construct, I think that for the economy of scale, from the source down the chain, they will remain on the current design construct as they have component suppler contracts in force already, and variation costs cash, that increases costs this end.

Cheers Anung
So a little bit of scientific application of what has been mentioned in the links provided.

Cheers Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Anung Un Rama wrote:Hi Ragnar, look mate opinions vary on maintenance and upkeep, and I am seeing you are catching some materials staining issues to.

If you are interested I did a write up on my tpe dolls care and maintenance a while back, myself not a fan of powdering unless storing, and do not get a stickiness issue at all.

if anything, My silicone girls collect the most dust (and I actually powder them, not the tpe ones...but hey...good on them, they collect more dust than my ex wife ever did...so they are doing housework in their own way...LOL)

Anyhow my write up for tpe maintenance was here

viewtopic.php?p=1000381#p1000381 some reading in that, only 4 pages.

and I did an explanatory write up here

viewtopic.php?p=1257102#p1257102

So I will add that with the more recent tpe girls with evolution in formulations far less Vaseline treatments are required and no where near the same degree of oiling...but those two topic do give some easy tests on how to determine what and when is appropriate.

Now if you really want the science behind it....this little extract when discussion newer tpe blend formulations and hydrocarbon interaction may be of interest
Anung Un Rama wrote: (edited out as commercial in confidence for maker)

.....Yes the formulation has got me interested as well, as perhaps the later batches are far more "tpe" classified blends, than the silicone latex or perhaps earlier formulations. :?

I have been trying to determine how they have achieved co-polymer bonding within the crystalline matrices myself, as using both ionic and covalent bonding chemistry 101 against known styrene based matrices, well, there are just has spare electrons everywhere, formulatively speaking.

The assumption here, like in the article is, either block or graft polymerization techniques, ergo one of the monomers provides the hard, or crystalline, polymer segment that functions as a thermally stable component; and, the other monomer develops the soft or amorphous segment, which contributes the elastometric or rubbery characteristic.

How petrochemical hydrocarbons interact is dependent more so on the ionic properties and valency of the amorphous molecules in the intermix, I would suggest, and it is within the inter molecular actions (Equilibrium Morphology of substrates) of the styrene–butadiene–styrene (SBS) and styrene–(ethylene–butylene)–styrene (SEBS) intermix ratios.

I am not a chemist, and merely have a basic understanding from an engineers perspective.

Now, I do not over smear Vaseline, and use the pure snow white variant, in a very light smear, more as an initial lubricant for assembly and a mold inhibitor.

So far with my tpe dolls (a few of them are hitting 4 years old) I have been able to keep them both damage and tare free, suggesting minimal if any degrading effects of the application, but then again, it is a very light exposure.

Now , noting the absorption rate characteristic, on my (edited out as commercial in confidence for maker), I strongly suggest that she is in fact heavily weighted for a tpe classified formulation, rather than a latex to silicone blend, and I suspect this is (edited out as commercial in confidence for maker) rep's playing a lost in translation game to (edited out as commercial in confidence for maker) the patent holder (edited out as commercial in confidence for maker) (using the Chinese vernacular same, same but different).....

So sure, I do not endorse dousing a dolly in hydrocarbon, but in terms of spared use, it certainly has allowed free electron replenishment of the amorphous segment molecules that tend to dump bonds as tpe sweat (leaching oil type product), but again these could be all those wacky free electrons we were formualtively discussing, forming their own free radical byproducts as well.

As for chassis construct, I think that for the economy of scale, from the source down the chain, they will remain on the current design construct as they have component suppler contracts in force already, and variation costs cash, that increases costs this end.

Cheers Anung
So a little bit of scientific application of what has been mentioned in the links provided.

Cheers Anung
Thanks for that most valuable info Anung! 8) I´ll take my time to go though and learn from it. Quite apparently there´s bit more to cleaning and maintaining a doll, also with regards to different brands TPE/Silicone formulas. What´s good for one doll/brand ain´t neccessarily equally good for another. That´s the stuff I´m after, knowing what´s good for MY personal doll and not just from a matter of taste POV (powdering or not etc). From IT official sources I´ve seen talcum powder mentioned for IT dolls only for additional skin smoothness and cleaning purposes. Nothing on baby oil or vaseline. If these chemicals would be of any importance, they would´ve been mentioned I guess. For that reason I avoid. I´ve even experienced ill effects when baby oiling. The skin becomes more sticky and any on skin colorations get sucked off quickly. So leaves this for stain removal purposes only I´d think.

With regard to vaseline I make good use of it for the love holes, both for lubing and bits of anti bacteria. Whether it makes the holes smoother or more restistant, I can´t tell.

Baby powder I´ll remain with using it as sort of MU highligther and for some contours if I want to. Since I´m allergic to talcum, I remain with corn starch or comparable. The bits of stickiness on my dolls skill as said I like actually and is IMO also a matter of just accustoming.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Update: So I´d attempted with corn starch powder again. My initial concerns were for the bad looks in photo shooting, but figured bits of cuddling XXX removed enough to make it worth a try again. :whistle: :mrgreen: Feel off course is better when fondling, but otherwise to me is not too big of an improvement otherwise. I´ll make some new photo sets later today with her powdered. I´ll also see how much things changed with dirt/dust accumulation and "dirty" looks in photos, but thus far I see things improved noticably. :) More interesting will be change of skin reflectivity in all the various lighting conditions. Same for post editing requirements. I´d guess contours will be decreased and more smoothened. Also less highlights and shininess on certain body areas. I already toy with the idea partly wiping off powder where I want it more shiny, either for realism or aesthetic purposes. For the general purpose (comparison) I yet left the head unpowdered. It´s also high intensity kissing area. :mrgreen:

If things work well I´ll likely buy some food colors to mix with corn starch in order to adapt powdered skin looks to where I see fit. Skin color now looks considerably lighter, yet I might like it a notch darker again.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Some comparison pics of her freshly powdered (head exempted) last evening and bits of worn off in the morning. :whistle: :mrgreen: For testing purpose I´d reused the original bag she was delivered in. IIRC the IT doll bag is micro fibre material, so cleaning and avoiding corn starch where I don´t want it seemed advisable. Worked. :)
Alyona_FreshlyPowdered01.jpg
Alyona_FreshlyPowdered01.jpg (937.5 KiB) Viewed 1692 times
Alyona_FreshlyPowdered02.jpg
Alyona_FreshlyPowdered02.jpg (1012.21 KiB) Viewed 1692 times
Alyona_Powdered_InTheMorning01.jpg
Alyona_Powdered_InTheMorning01.jpg (984.17 KiB) Viewed 1692 times
Alyona_Powdered_InTheMorning02.jpg
Alyona_Powdered_InTheMorning02.jpg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 1692 times

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru