betterlovedoll.com

Re: NOTICE to all members of TDF regarding counterfeit dolls

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
SaraHayes
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SaraHayes »

its good to see a official seller have a reasonable price for a doll. does kimber only offer that one model and is it possible to use a head form another doll on it? from the pictures it seems to lack realism a bit

i actually found the official doll i bought last year from these forums by posting a pic of the knockoff and the community helped me find the official. the only problem is the official dolls spine broke before a year. the sole purpose i bought a official doll was to get quality and to recieve my doll and not be ripped off. after that happened i dont think i could ever pay that much for a doll again. i put alot of time into full body cleanings and oiling and corn starch to make it last and then the biggest problem ever happened with a awful weld. seeing that kimber is 500 is very reasonable though at least. i hope more companies follow that.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

The Kimber has a 16mm threaded head connector that fits all other 16mm head connectors
What can be a challenge is the color matching of head & body
Also there are differences in neck dimensions and heads, generally speaking there are a lot of heads that will fit the Kimber.
Tighes has a bit of a harem :)

Javen
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Javen »

How can one determine what is counterfeit and what isn't? I purchased my first and only doll from premiumdolls.com. The process and service was pretty straight forward and other than a delay with Fedex, pretty flawless. The doll is gorgeous! I just don't want to post pics or discuss anything on the forum and break any rules.

Thanks in advance.

Kaori Kusanagi

Post by Kaori Kusanagi »

If it's one of the approved sellers that has a subforum here, then it should be pretty safe to post about. :)
viewforum.php?f=68

If its' on the "ban list" then it's probably not safe to discuss where it came from, etc., though you can still ask for help with it if you have problems and such
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=39858

If you're not sure, you could ask a TDF mod or admin directly, based on what it says in the first post of this thread:
Members of TDF are welcome to post about any dolls they own, unless the doll is determined by TDF staff to be counterfeit, or does not meet our perceived age policy or any other TDF rule. This also applies to dolls listed for sale on TDF and related websites.
So TDF staff should be able to help you determine if it meets TDF requirements. You can find forum mods, admins, etc by using this page
memberlist.php?mode=searchuser
and choosing the appropriate group in the Group dropdown, then clicking Search. I don't know which person would be the best to ask first, but Slew helped me figure out what was ok to post about here:
viewtopic.php?p=1794050&f=8#p1794050
by clarifying the intent of this thread. :)

OhMyDoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by OhMyDoll »

Javen wrote:How can one determine what is counterfeit and what isn't? I purchased my first and only doll from premiumdolls.com. The process and service was pretty straight forward and other than a delay with Fedex, pretty flawless. The doll is gorgeous! I just don't want to post pics or discuss anything on the forum and break any rules.

Thanks in advance.
If you're not sure if they sold you a counterfeit doll or not just contact the manufacturer directly and ask them if premiumdolls.com is one of their official vendors/resellers. For example WM Dolls offer a Fake Check on their website where you can put in the code provided with the doll and that way check if it really is a WM Doll.

If you check this topic https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=120085 it seems that premiumdolls.com is at least suspicious.
Greetz OhMyDoll

Kensi - WM Dolls 166cm C-Cup Head #273

Nikkicd3
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Nikkicd3 »

understood..
JM 105cm Sorceress
Just ordered - SM 170E 62

Nikkicd3
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Nikkicd3 »

It is very difficult to figure out who is legit.
JM 105cm Sorceress
Just ordered - SM 170E 62

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Nikkicd3 wrote:It is very difficult to figure out who is legit.
It isn't quite as simple as the price, although that's the most obvious clue.

But cheap dolls are not all counterfeit. Some are just cheaply made, a crude sculpt and lower quality rubber and skeleton. Same as with any common item for sale, you have Rolex or Gucci, and you have the generic version made to look similar but built to lower specs and with cheaper raw materials, lower quality craftsmanship. It's the same with dolls.

But, you can tell it's a counterfeit if it looks almost exactly like the top brand models, but not quite, you notice lower detail and the doll is half the price.

TChris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TChris »

OhMyDoll wrote:
Javen wrote:How can one determine what is counterfeit and what isn't? I purchased my first and only doll from premiumdolls.com. The process and service was pretty straight forward and other than a delay with Fedex, pretty flawless. The doll is gorgeous! I just don't want to post pics or discuss anything on the forum and break any rules.

Thanks in advance.
If you're not sure if they sold you a counterfeit doll or not just contact the manufacturer directly and ask them if premiumdolls.com is one of their official vendors/resellers. For example WM Dolls offer a Fake Check on their website where you can put in the code provided with the doll and that way check if it really is a WM Doll.

If you check this topic https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=120085 it seems that premiumdolls.com is at least suspicious.
I've heard about OEMS telling customers authorized resellers were not.. in order to try and secure their own direct sale. This has actually been my own experience with AF as well.. these Chinese companies are pretty cutthroat as the MSRP are marked up immensely vs what they could sell themselves at a profit

66gt350

Post by 66gt350 »

Thanks in advance.
I bought my first doll from Phil at Premium dolls. She was supposed to be a WM166c, (down sized, as a newbie I had no clue) what I got was an Entity doll which looked vaguely similar but NOT what I thought I was getting. Was also supposed to be a standing model, not. And not KNOWING what was what, the bottom of her feet tore from me trying to stand her up...this is after the initial disappointment of getting a counterfeit doll. I'm glad your experience was much better but PD is definitely NOT a vetted, trustworthy vendor.

Tsukari

Post by Tsukari »

haremlover wrote:Another perspective is that really with Kimberdoll offering good and proven quality dolls for prices with which fakes have a tough time competing, there really isn't reason at all to buy fakes.

Best wishes

Harem
I have to disagree with this. The Kimberdoll is $800 Australian without including postage. since my usual tax return each year is only about $600, I am never going to own a doll without taking a risk on the cheap stuff. I don’t want to, but I don’t see any options available to me.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

There are occasional posts of problems with the Kimber
From memory Kimberdoll has responded to and addressed all of them

There are quite a number of Kimber owners on this forum who have had a really experience with the product and service of team Kimber, including myself :)

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

What makes me wonder on some of this , is , could there be some company that is also selling dolls on the side through ebay through dealers at a lower price that people don't know about ? which might be a real doll (not counterfeit . i know it might not make much sense that a company may do this as they wouldn't get as much from a DOLL . otherwise, it would be doll companies somewhere with a same mold making dolls but not necessarily having the same tpe etc. better material updated blends. (which of course could and would be bad because of maybe more tears etc. ?

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gaijin »

timetraveler1 wrote: could there be some company that is also selling dolls on the side through ebay through dealers at a lower price that people don't know about ?
Which, might be a way of selling old inventory, or factory rejects. It'd be a sneaky way to recover losses from the unsold merch. From a business perspective, I'd rather sell defective product at a loss than not see ANY returns on the investment at all.

The trick is not getting caught, because this feels unethical, to say the least.

rinnakan
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by rinnakan »

I hope my first doll won't turn out to be counterfeit.

INFORMATIONS