DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

A face you may know...

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
henstoch
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: A face you may know...

Post by henstoch »

toonist wrote:Taking the day off from working on this beauty.
( okay, so maybe i’ll Mold her ears..., which are extremely true to her...)
Thanks for your great comments.

Going to be adding a Smiling Bree to the Spinner line...

Patrick
8O it's happening!!! hi pat :mrgreen: i am the person you had the correspondence with about a smiling head. imagine my delight upon poking my head in this forum to see if there was any news... :o

i can't wait to see what you come up with.

zodiac

Post by zodiac »

Well I want that face for sure.
I'll pm a few suggestions.
A young Adriana Lima is one.
Adriana_Lima-passion4luxury-22.jpg
Adriana_Lima-passion4luxury-22.jpg (154.73 KiB) Viewed 1323 times
98442b8c4d86d200ecd2347757532275.jpg
98442b8c4d86d200ecd2347757532275.jpg (99.23 KiB) Viewed 1323 times
adriana-lima.jpg
adriana-lima.jpg (397.35 KiB) Viewed 1323 times

Kazuya
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Kazuya »

rubherkitty wrote:I don't think there is much copywrite issue unless the item is cast directly from a person, a seller uses the actual name of the person, implies it is sponsored or endorsed by a certain person.
An artistic representation is kind of free speech.
I don’t think individuals can be copyrighted. What about a photo of a celebrity..the same thing in but in 2D. Great work by the way Patrick. It’s high time someone did this! I hope this is a sign of things to come.

MikeOxbigg

Post by MikeOxbigg »

CINDY!!!!! :mrgreen:
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-03-04-08-01-54.png
Screenshot_2019-03-04-08-01-54.png (2 MiB) Viewed 1310 times

jokerisalive
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jokerisalive »

Meghan Fox.....the perfect face for a hot doll.
Attachments
D3847B5E-3859-4943-80EC-7D8AF3119ABE.jpeg
D3847B5E-3859-4943-80EC-7D8AF3119ABE.jpeg (399.73 KiB) Viewed 1297 times
6EEDBBC9-A3A5-4B4F-BBDB-2E95197974B4.jpeg
6EEDBBC9-A3A5-4B4F-BBDB-2E95197974B4.jpeg (309.23 KiB) Viewed 1297 times

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Kazuya wrote:
rubherkitty wrote:I don't think there is much copywrite issue unless the item is cast directly from a person, a seller uses the actual name of the person, implies it is sponsored or endorsed by a certain person.
An artistic representation is kind of free speech.
I don’t think individuals can be copyrighted. What about a photo of a celebrity..the same thing in but in 2D. Great work by the way Patrick. It’s high time someone did this! I hope this is a sign of things to come.
Better read this: https://www.quora.com/Is-it-legal-to-se ... ed-on-them
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

RoboBoy

Post by RoboBoy »

rubherkitty wrote:Better read this: https://www.quora.com/Is-it-legal-to-se ... ed-on-them
Remember that Patrick does do private commissioned artwork for people...

As such, based on the laws and legal advise in the linked article above, it seems that these Celebrity Inspired faces should possibly be done as group commissioned artwork...

In other words... Patrick isn’t asking for suggestions to spend his time on... only for forum members to “ooh and ah” over... then say “cool, great job, try this next...”

This hard work by Patrick isn’t just for our entertainment guys!!!

Patrick needs to be asking, “Ok guys... what are you going to pay for!” Then get pre-payments from the interested parties before proceeding... and then create a group commisssion of that idea!

We need to Show Patrick the money guys - not just yank his chain for our viewing pleasure...

Just sayin...

RoboBoy

RoboBoy

Post by RoboBoy »

One more thing...

Patrick should probably also consider making these “Limited Availability”...

either by Quantity, Time Available... or Both!

You snooze... You Lose!

RoboBoy

neutrino
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by neutrino »

I was wondering: if a bartering system were exchanged in place of money, would it be legal then? For example, A has the talent to sculpt the face with perfection, B wants a doll with that face too, but instead of paying money to A, he does the facial painting (for both A and himself) because that is his specialty. C also wants the face, and instead of paying money, he donates his electronics expertise (for A, B and himself), D knows how to punch in hair very exquisitely, and so forth. So in the end A,B,C,D,..., X,Y,Z all get their doll based off the celebrity's image while no money was exchanged at all. The celebrity finds out because X among them does not know how to keep his mouth shut. The celebrity sues, but there was no business going on in the first place. All is good?

RoboBoy

Post by RoboBoy »

neutrino wrote:I was wondering: if a bartering system were exchanged in place of money, would it be legal then? For example, A has the talent to sculpt the face with perfection, B wants a doll with that face too, but instead of paying money to A, he does the facial painting (for both A and himself) because that is his specialty. C also wants the face, and instead of paying money, he donates his electronics expertise (for A, B and himself), D knows how to punch in hair very exquisitely, and so forth. So in the end A,B,C,D,..., X,Y,Z all get their doll based off the celebrity's image while no money was exchanged at all. The celebrity finds out because X among them does not know how to keep his mouth shut. The celebrity sues, but there was no business going on in the first place. All is good?
“instead of paying money...” ugh...

Not going to happen bro... No pay... No play... that’s how it works...

It IS “all good” to commission an artist to create ANY artpiece of your desire for your own personal enjoyment... it is really that simple... artists do that all the time :)

Now if you pay Patrick to make you a bunch of celebrity look-alike dolls and then open a venue
where you charge people to come and admire them... well... that would be a problem!!!

As for the person “not keeping their big mouth shut...” haven’t seen too many people... as in nobody... running around and bragging to the world about their “sex doll”...

RoboBoy

longsho7
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by longsho7 »

RoboBoy wrote:Now if you pay Patrick to make you a bunch of celebrity look-alike dolls and then open a venue
where you charge people to come and admire them... well... that would be a problem!!!
I wonder how Madame Tussauds does this then?

zodiac

Post by zodiac »

jokerisalive wrote:Meghan Fox.....the perfect face for a hot doll.
That was my next one.
Many times this face was tried and not really close

zodiac

Post by zodiac »

longsho7 wrote:
RoboBoy wrote:Now if you pay Patrick to make you a bunch of celebrity look-alike dolls and then open a venue
They are given permission. Some have had lifecast molds done.

RoboBoy

Post by RoboBoy »

longsho7 wrote:
Thanks for your comment... and welcome to the forum :)

Yeah, I don’t know what their business model is, permissions granted, etc...

My point is that Patrick is an artist who creates and sells beautiful sculptures to private collectors for enjoyment in the privacy of their own homes.

These dolls are a VERY niche market... and a product/market that most people not into said market would mostly like to avoid talking about / pretend doesn’t exist...

Basically... “what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas” :)

Let’s focus on the beautiful work Patrick does, and when he asks for suggestions on what to create next... let’s make sure we’re willing to follow up with purchasing that suggestion!

Perhaps create a poll to see which face ideas are most wanted?

RoboBoy

zodiac

Post by zodiac »

Also, there is the whole 'public figure' thing.

http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/using-n ... ss-another

INFORMATIONS