Starpery.com

Bringing BodyColor Back!

Got an idea? Need an invention?
grimreefer24601

Re: Bringing BodyColor Back!

Post by grimreefer24601 »

I still need a better camera, and better lighting. I'm surprised by how much banding my florescent's caused. Anyway, I've been making a few batches lately.
20180707_224531.jpg
20180707_224531.jpg (1.92 MiB) Viewed 1621 times
20180707_225507.jpg
20180707_225507.jpg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 1621 times
The entire right side is Clear Sealer. Vey top is only Clear sealer, and is invisible once powdered. The next three are eye makeup. And the last is lipstick, which applied exactly like that. The Clear Sealer worked prefect when the make up was applied correctly. You see exactly what you would see if the sealer weren't applied. I think this will be a popular item.

The right side and middle are pigment tests from different suppliers. They seem to be about the same, but the middle row uses a fraction of the pigment the left row does.

Based on my tests, I'll be using a couple of suppliers for my pigments.

I'm still finalizing my bulk access to some other supplies. I'm dealing directly with Jinsan, and they did me well for my test materials.

SiliDoll it seems is out of the picture. Adventurer is still on board with me. They were my vendor access to promote this product when it goes for sale. I'm applying for special manufacturer status so Adventurer and I can do this ourselves. Otherwise I'm in the same place James was. I have the product, but can't sell it here on TDF. I'm hoping that TDF will approve my Accessory Manufacturer status. Then I can sell BC² here.

If so, I've got about 15 bottles in each of those jars. They are test batches, and the colors will change. Even when I finalize my colors they will change as I get better supplies, but the BodyColor² base is the same. The only thing different is pigment. Or Clear Sealer.

I could bottle and ship any of these colors now. I'm waiting to find out my final price point, and hoping for Accessory Manufacturer status.

One way or another, I'm bringing BodyColor back!

sloopjohnb

Post by sloopjohnb »

And I will be one of your customers! Thank you for doing this.
Sloop

grimreefer24601

It looks like Jinsan is going to come through for me. It may take a few weeks, but I should be able to offer TPE samples of WM colors with purchases of BodyColor² so you can test them before applying them to your doll.

I've run the numbers, and I can do any of the colors within a good price point. Some of these colors are more expensive, and I'll still make some adjustments, but I'm sure I can re-make any of these colors. I'm making them in 15 jar batches right now. I could make larger batches if needed.

I'm ready to sell these. Once I get approved of some way to sell them here on TDF.

Fingers Crossed.

sloopjohnb

Post by sloopjohnb »

Come on owners and moderator s, let's make this happen.
Sloop

grimreefer24601

20180709_222817.jpg
20180709_222817.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 1581 times
I made a test batch to send to my partner in crime Adventurer. I figured I'd share the picture. Nine colors, and one bottle of Clear Sealer.

Black, White, Blue Sky, Mauve, Salmon, Lilac, Taupe, Cinnamon, Sparkle Lime, and Clear Sealer.

I also upgraded my PayPal to a business account to access more of their vendor features. This will help the lenses I make for Easy Move Eyes also.

I also have some TPE slabs ordered from Jinsan so I can make test patches for testing BodyColor² to send out once I can start taking orders.

And a logo I mocked up in a few minutes.
BodyColor²Logo.jpg
BodyColor²Logo.jpg (64.88 KiB) Viewed 1581 times
I may be able to offer a few more accessory products once I get up and running. Nescio is helping me a lot to get set up so I can sell BC² here on TDF. They worked with IrishGirl selling her jewelry, I think they'll work with me.

I think I'll be able to offer this to you all very soon.

donoghu
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by donoghu »

Great work!

I got 3 questions regarding BodyColor²

1) What's the durability of the color?
While the video did display a really good durability, I was wondering about the durability over time.
Have you tested the durability/peeling after a specific number of days or weeks?

Since the product stays on the surface, it also bring the question about the edge and the surface below the product. Have you tested the product when it comes to germs and molds? Since the vagina and breast nipples are areas quite "used", that's one of the concern, I think.

2) Is BC² affected by the usual maintenance products such as mineral oil and baby powder?
There's also the reverse as to say "Can the doll's skin surface dry up under BC²?

In the case of both those 2 points/questions, it mostly come to the idea of when and why should BC² be removed once applied and also about renewability.
If mold and/or germs are a concern, then this means that BC² would have to be removed quite often (at every clean up at least).
If the mineral oil isn't absorbed deep enough around the BC² or is the baby powder can affect it, it's another concern on durability.
If it has to be removed once a week or once a month, that's also another point to consider. How long can it stays on the doll?

3) Can BC² be a source of concern for health hazards?
If bitten or licked, are then anything in BC² that could be dangerous?
(Pigments with mercury in them are highly toxic. Back in the 80's and 90's, red pencils were toxic as their convent included a 35% to 60% of mercury.)
If you're uncertain about the toxicity of the ingredients, you should check up their name and, if necessary, their manufacturer.

The idea and what I have seen in the previous post on this topic is enough to make me want to purchase some, but as I can't say about the 3 points I mentioned, I'm not feeling quite secure yet.

grimreefer24601

donoghu wrote:1) What's the durability of the color?
While the video did display a really good durability, I was wondering about the durability over time.
Have you tested the durability/peeling after a specific number of days or weeks?
The durability of the color will depend on how it is applied and used. If applied after powder the powder may last a week. Less on Kissable ares. If applied after an Isopropyl Alcohol cleaning it should last much longer, but it will depend on how often you "use" the area to which it's applied. After time all BodyColor and BodyColor² will start pealing at the edges and need to be reapplied. It could be as little as a day if you wish. It could last well over a month if treated right.
donoghu wrote:2) Is BC² affected by the usual maintenance products such as mineral oil and baby powder?
There's also the reverse as to say "Can the doll's skin surface dry up under BC²?
BodyColor² is made with the same materials as your WM Doll is and I source my materials from Jinsan directly. BodyColor² will soften with petroleum products such as mineral oil, petroleum jelly, and Nivea. It is good to use such products for removing BodyColor². A simple oiling shouldn't damage the color, but multiple oilings or a long soak will. Baby Powder will flatten any sheen BodyColor² has. Use mineral oil or petroleum jelly to restore the shine.

BodyColor² is only semi-permanent. It's intended to be that way. A lot of my testing was to make sure it could be removed correctly. I remove BC² when I want to change colors, or when it begins to peel. The time involved varies. Nipples I get a month. Wet areas I get a week or two. BodyColor² never has to be removed. It will in no way damage your doll, and if you don't use your doll BC² might well last forever.
donoghu wrote:3) Can BC² be a source of concern for health hazards?
If bitten or licked, are then anything in BC² that could be dangerous?
(Pigments with mercury in them are highly toxic. Back in the 80's and 90's, red pencils were toxic as their convent included a 35% to 60% of mercury.)
If you're uncertain about the toxicity of the ingredients, you should check up their name and, if necessary, their manufacturer.
I use only materials already in your doll, and all of my pigments are certified to be used in making makeup for human consumption. I am certain of all of my ingredients. All of my suppliers are very certain of their ingredients also.

BodyColor² is a solvent based coloring system, so be sure to allow it to cure before biting or licking. You wont want to anyway as you will smell the solvent evaporating. Once cured it's fine. About an hour after last application.

I've got a website I'm working on. I don't think I'm allowed to post it here right now. It's not ready to be live yet anyway.

Let me know if you have more questions, but I probably won't answer until after the 29th.

Gone Rafting Again!

Actually, I get most of the supplies I was waiting for tomorrow. Then I leave Saturday morning. I'm ready to offer this. I just need The Doll Forum to give me permission to sell it here.

I've also in my finding my suppliers have I found suppliers for many items doll lovers will want. If I can get this going I can offer human hair products and clothes at least. Probably most other products you can get from doll vendors.

I hope someday I can offer doll lovers a whole range of products.

grimreefer24601

Hey folks,

I've got an update for you before I go away for week rafting.

BodyColor² is ready. I've got everything I need including TPE samples for you to test BC² on. I've even got a website.

The bad news is the The Doll Forum isnt't going to give me vendor/manufacturer status, so I can't actually sell it to you here. I either have to buy full vendor status, or link up with a vendor. I'm not sure how much full vendor status is, but I've been told it's pretty expensive. It also includes much more than I want from TDF. I'm not selling dolls, but if I got "vendor" status I might as well. There's no middle option for people like me who only want to make things for dolls.

BodyColor² is back, but I can't sell it to you. I'm in the same limbo that James was with BodyColor.

We're not done yet. I'll get it to you. I already have a plan. See you after rafting.

grimreefer24601

Well, I made it through another rafting trip. Seriously, attitudes were higher than the waves. That's what I get for rafting with families. Seriously, "I" get yelled at for trying to take the kids someplace "they" wont get yelled at.

I'm literally the only person who didn't yell at anyone this trip. Seven days with one family is bad. Don't do it! Get some sane people to join you on these trips.

Really, it was a blast, and I wouldn't give the time up.

Mimik

Post by Mimik »

It’d be an honor to support this.
Especially if it can help CC’s family.

I was in contact with CrazyCajun to buy BodyColor shortly before he left us. Understandably, it didn’t happen. But in our short communication, James was very helpful. My condolences to his loved ones.

That said, I’m sure he’d be proud. Looks like you’ve done an excellent job with BodyColor² grimreefer. Quite excited.
Art imitating life imitating art.

Image Image Image Image

grimreefer24601

I have some limited BC² available. Plus, I need to test my new site. I can't really promote here, but send me a PM and Ill give you more information. I've got some deals ready for early adopters of BodyColor².

I'm working on full vendor status. My research into getting Body Color Back led me to a few suppliers. One major supplier is Jinsan. I can actually sell WM, OR, and YL dolls at this point.

My goal is not to sell dolls. I want to sell all thing related to dolls.

I've seen several possible doll product makers disappear from TDF. I want to make a place where doll fans can market their product.

This is my pet project, but a large part of it is to help other minor manufacturers get their products out to TDF members.

I want Grim's Doll Accessories to host as many items for dolls as I can. Especially from other doll fans who can't find another venue.

I hope to officially launch my website soon. If I can make enough I'll get my official TDF vendor status soon also.

Also, I can't tell you my website. It's n my profile.

Mimik

Post by Mimik »

PM sent.

And your prospects have my attention.
It'd be a great addition to the community and one that is needed, imo.

For those who like customizing TPE dolls, existing vendor resources can be limiting.
Hats off to your efforts Grim.
Art imitating life imitating art.

Image Image Image Image

scooter_ca
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by scooter_ca »

Thank you for continuing CC's and April's great work.
I considered James a friend and made a sizeable donation to his GoFundMe page.
I have used his BodyColor product and participated in the trial of his BodyFill product.

A while back, I checked some of my colours and found a few had thickened and clotted.
In one of his last videos, James mentioned that your could clean your brush with alcohol, but make sure none of the alcohol residue got into your batch.
I suspected that is what happened to my batch, but when I reached out to ask James, he was already gone,

Can you test if the new follow on product reacts like this,
If so, please include a warning in the packaging.
I will definitely be trying the new version of this product.

Daria posted her review of BodyColor here - I'm trying MissAtleur BodyColor
Her review of BodyFill TPE Cream is here - Elbow bruising and TPE injections

Thanks,
scooter
With beautiful Daria and Giorgi.
Everything about Daria can be found in her NEW Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=117493
Everything about Giorgi can be found in her Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=96105
Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14626

grimreefer24601

I use alcohol to clean my brushes if I'm not using the application brush in the bottle. Alcohol dries out the BodyColor so it definitely shouldn't be mixed. BodyColor will dry out eventually on it's own. That I would guess is more likely. It's a solvent based color so eventually the solvent will evaporate.

I can reconstitute old BodyColor. I might add it as an additional product once I fully launch. In fact one of the last things James sent me was a bottle of solvent for that exact purpose. It was that bottle that made it clear to me how he was making BodyColor.

grimreefer24601

DSCF1766TDF.jpg
DSCF1766TDF.jpg (738.85 KiB) Viewed 1426 times
My new labels.

INFORMATIONS