Re: Let's Make a Merkin!

Post by bozzaa69 »

I did some armpit hair too.Image

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Weird thought: glueing own public hair to doll

Post by Mr Franz »

loveisintheair35 wrote:I'm rather bushy so I think of processing my own public hair then attaching it on my TPE doll.
I actually tried that first. Not pubes, but human hair from the wife's brush. Just didn't adhere as well and was a lot harder to work with compared to mohair.

Looks good, bozzaa69. I tried that too, hair from Jyoti's wig. Worked better than human hair, but not as well as the mohair. At least not with white glue.

Pit hair! Now that's hard core... :lol: :thumbs_up:

Rick9191

Post by Rick9191 »

bozzaa69 wrote:I did some armpit hair too.Image
She's absolutely gorgeous! If ya don't mind make and model of the wee lass? I also like the pit hair look but perhaps not as pronounced. If I can get a merkin to work right. The pits will be next. LOL

And Mr Franz, I tried the wig hair but it was blond and I think I over pressed. Looked more like fashionable road kill.

I'm also going to experiment with cotton balls while I await the mohairs arrival.

bozzaa69
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bozzaa69 »

She was a blow out Amazon doll apparently, not listed anymore. Got her about a month ago. Supposed to be 145cm A-cup, but she's taller at 5' tall with standing feet and 2 removable inserts. $469, no lie. Very happy with her. Nice little bubble but and very good ab details.

bozzaa69
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bozzaa69 »

I throw caution to the wind with Amazon. Have had great results with 4 dolls so far.

bozzaa69
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bozzaa69 »

Not trying to hi-jack OP's thread. He has a great, detailed how to do here. His time spent to post this is awesome for us guys who like hair. My hat's off to him.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Thanks, bozzaa69! Great looking doll there. Glad your experience with Amazon was a happy one. :glou:

Rick9191

Post by Rick9191 »

bozzaa69 wrote:She was a blow out Amazon doll apparently, not listed anymore. Got her about a month ago. Supposed to be 145cm A-cup, but she's taller at 5' tall with standing feet and 2 removable inserts. $469, no lie. Very happy with her. Nice little bubble but and very good ab details.
Kudos. Mine's also an Amazonian. Well at 100cm and ripley's believe it or not chest not really an Amazonian but ya get what I mean. :) Wish I'd seen the one above but I guess it depends on what they can sneak off the truck or out the back door as to what gets sold. LOL $300 out the door including shipping for the wee wonder though so I can't biatch. And not knowing anything about dolls. Learning on this one is taking some of the pain out of it seeing how much and how nice some of the dolls on here are. Would not want to be abusing as I am a more expensive lass. But she's been a trooper so far. Not a complaint out of her.
And maybe I'm old old school but kinda like when the wee hairs peek out the undies and travel a bit north towards the navel also. Thankfully I found Mr Franz's instructions or I'd be agonizing over how to customize her. I will admit I draw the line at mustaches and nipple hairs. LOL

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Yeah, the Barbie look just doesn't cut it for me. I grew up in a time when the fuzz flowed freely and I ain't talking cops! :lol:

loveisintheair35

Re: Weird thought: glueing own public hair to doll

Post by loveisintheair35 »

Mr Franz wrote:
loveisintheair35 wrote:I'm rather bushy so I think of processing my own public hair then attaching it on my TPE doll.
I actually tried that first. Not pubes, but human hair from the wife's brush. Just didn't adhere as well and was a lot harder to work with compared to mohair.
My doll hasn't arrived yet so it was just in my thought, :) Just got Elmer glue in advance.

Rick9191

Post by Rick9191 »

Well cotton balls don't work unless you want a really dense short nap and peach fuzz flying around. Not a good thing with sticky TPE. LOL And dying them was a pain in the ass too! Trying another wig hair method. whilst I await the mohairs arrival. Seeing the marvelous muffy above and pits as a bonus. Gotz to have 'em. Love the look.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Didn't hold out much hope for the cotton ball thing. Seemed like it'd go everywhere, but where you wanted it. Thought about using my cat's shed fur, but never did. Bit too soft. Had my eye on the wife's fuzzy black ear muffs for a while, but thought better of it. :wink:

Rick9191

Post by Rick9191 »

Okay cotton, in ball or pad form sucks. To much hassle. But...…
While the wig hair is real stiff and my first attempt came out bad and the merk was nearly bald by the time I got it off the plastic sheet. I tried another method just using the "runway" to make it easier to try out So....The B4, applied, dried, side view, darn clit tip end lifted :(. And the final result. Somtin' tells me because of the tip lift it won't stay on long but it isn't shedding but dang if that wig hair doesn't feel like a wisk broom. LOL

PS- Pics show up in reverse order. I'm a learnin'. Last in, first out rule.
Attachments
merkIgotzone.JPG
merkIgotzone.JPG (86.03 KiB) Viewed 2673 times
merkliftin.JPG
merkliftin.JPG (59.47 KiB) Viewed 2673 times
merksideview.JPG
merksideview.JPG (69.44 KiB) Viewed 2673 times
merkdryed.JPG
merkdryed.JPG (50.6 KiB) Viewed 2673 times
merkapllied.JPG
merkapllied.JPG (51.6 KiB) Viewed 2673 times
merkB4.JPG
merkB4.JPG (47.87 KiB) Viewed 2673 times

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Yup, that was the problem I had with my early attempts using cut human and wig hair. Either stuck up like a whisk broom or matted, leaving the edges of the glue visible.

In another thread started yesterday, dolldreamer2018 successfully attached wig hair pubes with clear Bodycolor:

viewtopic.php?f=426&t=111546

Rick9191

Post by Rick9191 »

The BC2 technique definitely looks promising. Luckily I have some sealer on hand. Also did a quick test with Embroidery floss. Nope. 98cents wasted LOL. I was thinkin' with human hair it would probably have to be soaked in dawn dish detergent or such to get out as much oils as possible before hand. I'll have to find a hairy lass and ask if she'd be willing to donate. That shouldn't be to awkward. Thanks still go out to you for gettin' the project started. And Bozza for taking it to another level.

INFORMATIONS