Starpery.com

Facial movements without AI. Blinking eyes & mouth movement

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Maecer

Re: Facial movements without AI. Blinking eyes & mouth movem

Post by Maecer »

BigBurrito wrote:Been on this project, need to advance on the programming end and the right controller
I'm really digging your setup! Are you asking about advice, starting points or you showing what you got?

Between rubherkitty and myself, we have different ideas as to the best way forward for microcontrollers and programming when you look at our other forum conversations. Lol. So for sure hit us up. He has way more knowledge on constructing/ building compared to me.

I haven't followed your project from start to finish, but am already thinking of what motors/actuators and controller you could use. I'm handy with sketching and dimensions.

Hit me up if you want to bounce ideas back and forth
We are truly in an age of doll expansion. Sure it's the wild west, with each manufacturer trying to out do one another and society still poo-pooing dolls, but eventually, the age will mature, order will be found and one day we can bring out ladies anywhere.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Yeah BB, thanks for posting. Looking forward to seeing how this works out. You actually have the disadvantage of having to incorporate your mechanic to an existing skull vs being able to design the skull around your animatronic system. Or at least being able to design then at the same time.

LMK if I can be of any help, but looks like you are already way beyond me!!! :lol:
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Maecer

Post by Maecer »

I'll be posting this link on the other active robot topics. For your consideration: Poppy

https://www.poppy-project.org/en/

Completely open source. Even the tablet app. I'm thinking that I might start here and build off that project. She is based on AI design though, and uses a tablet screen for a face.

Website I found her on:

https://www.intorobotics.com/homemade-o ... -examples/
We are truly in an age of doll expansion. Sure it's the wild west, with each manufacturer trying to out do one another and society still poo-pooing dolls, but eventually, the age will mature, order will be found and one day we can bring out ladies anywhere.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Cool stuff. Thanks for the links!! :D

My first project is to make some high realism eyeballs. I can't even start to make a model head until I secure a source for eyeballs that I'm going to use. I can't afford professional or medical grade eyes and I sure don't want $3.00 cheaps.

I've decided my first doll audio will be on a timer:
Wake up sleepy head, I'm horny.
-20 min later.
Come on, I need some cock!
-15 min later.
Get up, time to fuck.
-10 min later.
Are you going to get up or do I have to rape you?
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Maecer

Post by Maecer »

Lol! I love that scenario!

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Yeah, my doll sits in a chair beside my bed. Sometimes I just wish she would start talking to me in the morning vs just sitting there silently.

Maecer

Post by Maecer »

If you're ever thinking of doing 3D printing, there's tons of info on the web about building your own. Choosing the materials and type of printer you want can make them very affordable. With loads of supporting documents as well, on construction, material, everything. Could build it as large as you want. Once i get my own place, that's the route I'm going to go. It would take a while, but i would print all parts at once if possible.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

If I get a printer, I want the closed box type so I can do ABS. Probably more complex than I want to make at home. Even a store bought one will take me a long time to learn how to use. Plus I can just claim it a business expense.

If they were 3 grand and I could build one for 400 bucks that would be different.

Maecer

Post by Maecer »

rubherkitty wrote:If I get a printer, I want the closed box type so I can do ABS. Probably more complex than I want to make at home. Even a store bought one will take me a long time to learn how to use. Plus I can just claim it a business expense.

If they were 3 grand and I could build one for 400 bucks that would be different.
How do you mean as a business expense?

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

I buy, sell & restore collectibles online as a business already. Manufacture over 10 different small items.
I claim everything from utilities, office supply stuff, tools, materials to several 40' shipping containers for work space & storage. I have 2 lathes, mill, drill presses, air compressors, punch presses, shop press, grinders, cutters, welders, torches, metal & wood bandsaws, table saw, planer, etc, etc.

As I plan to manufacture doll heads and dolls eventually, I claim anything I buy for that business.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

As I plan to manufacture doll heads and dolls eventually, I claim anything I buy for that business.

hello rubberkitty i work for the "IRS" LOL !! 8O :wink: :wink:

has any people come up missing in your neighborhood von frankenstein ??? 8O 8O :wink: :lol:

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Fortunately, claiming tools and materials for R&D is a legal tax write off. :D

No one in my neighborhood goes missing. We are all well armed, usually carry and watch each others backs. Between I and my closest neighbors, we have 6 shooting ranges. :wink:
When I travel, I have a cut down Savage 720 12g auto, Beretta 9mm and Colt Mustang .380. various knives & a axe. I really should carry a scoped .308 semi auto rifle too! :lol:

Maecer

Post by Maecer »

So you're claiming expenses as the owner of the business? Huh. Us regular folks can't claim business expenses no more. You're so lucky dude

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Unless something has changed, yes, as a owner of a small business I can itemize and claim my business expenses. Been doing it since 1998.

BigBurrito

Post by BigBurrito »

Little off target( no pun intended) on this tread, bot going to get a Hi Point 9mm, as i have no hand guns, but have a Mosin Nagant M44 7.62x54R rifle, similar to a 308, fun to shoot

INFORMATIONS