Starpery.com

Where to get tpe

Got an idea? Need an invention?
livdoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Where to get tpe

Post by livdoll »

The dolls i have seen so far have some limits i would like to overcome. So i want to make my own tpe doll. Where do you get tpe? Or is there a better alturnitive out there?

RGC_0767
Former Member

Re: Where to get tpe

Post by RGC_0767 »

livdoll wrote:The dolls i have seen so far have some limits i would like to overcome. So i want to make my own tpe doll. Where do you get tpe? Or is there a better alturnitive out there?
I do not know for sure, but possibly a dolls "life" begins as a pellet :) I've seen on Amazon and Ebay TPE pellets being sold in large bags (20lbs)

Making the mold would be the true test of ones artistic talent :)

Godspeed Sir!! May you have a successful quest for the "perfect" doll :arrow: :idea:

livdoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by livdoll »

What little i can find in terms of sellers and product lines contains a wide range of stuff. Any further info?

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

livdoll wrote:What little i can find in terms of sellers and product lines contains a wide range of stuff. Any further info?
Could ask this ebay seller

TPE/TPV pellets in a 55 pound box.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/TPE-TPV-plastic ... 93188c%3Ag%

Or this one may be more suited. For Injection molding
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/5-LBS-TPE-Therm ... ash=item3b

I bought some Polymorph plastic pellets, its different stuff. Maybe this is what this seller is selling.
So many variations in what little google searching I have done about TPE

grimreefer24601

Post by grimreefer24601 »

I'm using TPE for my current projects. I just got a 35lb box of it two weeks ago. I source it directly from Jinsan. Most manufacturers should be able to sell you TPE sample material if they're willing.

I may check out the TPE that RGC mentioned, but from looking at the data sheets it's not the right TPE for either my purpose or yours.

Last point I'd like to mention is it will be very difficult for you to make a TPE doll at home. TPE is a hot injection molded product. Unless you have the capacity to get a TPE injection molding machine, you really can't do a TPE doll. TPE can be dissolved in a solvent, but the resulting slurry wouldn't give great results, and it would take forever to fully cure. The doll would also probably smell like the solvent forever.

If you really want to try to make your own doll, silicone would be the material to start with. It's pretty easy to buy cold molding flow able silicone at any costume makeup store. I have a place here locally in Denver. Then you make your fiberglass mold of the body you want to make. Suspend your skeleton inside of it, and pour your silicone into the mold. Of course that's the simplified version of it.

One of my dolls is a prototype that a TDF member made from silicone. His name is broadfall. He responded to my questions a couple of months ago, so I believe he's still around. Also, Samara78 made my dolls head by hand from silicone. Those would be the two people I'd ask if I wanted to make a doll.

Good luck.

livdoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by livdoll »

Tell me more about this silicone. There are no such stores within hundreds of miles of where i live, so online is my only option.

DexterQuest
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DexterQuest »

It would be great if there was complete a to z book on how to create a doll. From making a mold from a model, creating a metal skeleton, suspending the skeleton, mixing material for the right color, pouring into the mold without any air pockets. Perhaps two versions of the book: silicone and tpe.

Would fiberglass be able to withstand a hot tpe injection?

It's probably easier to setup a group buy for a custom if you can find 10+ people who love your design.

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

Why didn't I take the blue pill?

livdoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by livdoll »

DexterQuest wrote:It would be great if there was complete a to z book on how to create a doll. From making a mold from a model, creating a metal skeleton, suspending the skeleton, mixing material for the right color, pouring into the mold without any air pockets. Perhaps two versions of the book: silicone and tpe.

Would fiberglass be able to withstand a hot tpe injection?

It's probably easier to setup a group buy for a custom if you can find 10+ people who love your design.
I have no interest in going in to the love doll business. I would rather just throw my ideas at a company and hope something gets done with them. Right now i am mostly interested in some tendons and the like
That and stuff mentioned in other threads like motor so it can ride you, fluid injectors, moaning devices etc. I know some companies make some of these features but i don't know anyone who does them all in 1 package. I also think the fingers i've seen so far suck.

Down the line I also want to build that body suit i mentioned in another thread so the size, skin tone and shape of a single doll's body can be changed.

I am no stranger to mold making. So as long as i can produce the right materials, i am fully confident in getting them done.

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

I think that the way to go for 'motion' is pneumatics and not servo motors.

I'm in the process of designing and 3D printing some concepts.

It's mostly an attempt to show that doll skeletons can be powered by compressed air tanks for some basic posing and motions.

Gaineshine does make the grade of sex toy TPE that's in our dolls. Although the 'formula' changes.

I know that you can 3d print TPE filament since I have some. But, you can't do that with the super soft kind.

Perhaps a different extruder could do it, like a heated auger extruder on a 3d printer. You'd basically have to make your own.

I know that some folks 3D print silicone with various extruders of their own design. Again, an auger extruder would work here.

IMHO:

We're still years away from affordable dolls that can self pose and move the right way.

But, I think it might be do-able.
Why didn't I take the blue pill?

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

I am in the search for a small chunk of spare TPE for my doll. Just for repair purpose, mending cuts etc.

I've contacted manufacturer. They have been prompt, honest.
Unfortunately he has said they have changed the color, and what they have now in my tone will not match my doll.
Of course my doll is no longer made. And I do appreciate the honesty, and not just looking for another sale. That's tops in my book!

I do cut from neck for little bits I need, so I'm not completely out.

Having extra TPE is very handy.
If some comes with your doll, keep it. it can come in good use.

Not all TPE is created equal. If you have the exact blend for your doll, a bonus!!

grimreefer24601

RGC_0767 wrote:I am in the search for a small chunk of spare TPE for my doll. Just for repair purpose, mending cuts etc.

Unfortunately he has said they have changed the color, and what they have now in my tone will not match my doll.
Of course my doll is no longer made. And I do appreciate the honesty, and not just looking for another sale. That's tops in my book!

Not all TPE is created equal. If you have the exact blend for your doll, a bonus!!
It would be difficult, but I could maybe get a TPE batch to come close to the color your looking for. I buy my TPE from Jinsan, although I'm trying to get a clear supplier. What color are you trying to match?

I'd love to help you out if I can.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

grimreefer24601 wrote:
RGC_0767 wrote:I am in the search for a small chunk of spare TPE for my doll. Just for repair purpose, mending cuts etc.

It would be difficult, but I could maybe get a TPE batch to come close to the color your looking for. I buy my TPE from Jinsan, although I'm trying to get a clear supplier. What color are you trying to match?

I'd love to help you out if I can.
It's a general "Tan" color :)
Sometimes looks tan, other times, looks sun burnt
Factory sent me a pic of their new "Tan" looks more like us Canadians in winter :)
TIM图片20180608100026.jpg
Factory

grimreefer24601

My tan is much like your new sample. Here are my tan and medium samples.
DSCF1781.JPG
DSCF1781.JPG (3.94 MiB) Viewed 3009 times
Getting an exact match could be tough. I might be able to get you close. PM me if your interested.

Teppo
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Teppo »

here you go: exceptionally soft material:http://www.douglasandsturgess.com/mm5/m ... gory_Code=

They have other sizes and firmnesses as well. The stuff does not stick to itself once set. I'm not sure how you can melt such a large volume and cast it in one pour.

INFORMATIONS