Starpery.com

We can rebuild her. New MF hand plates and wires.

Got an idea? Need an invention?
-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: We can rebuild her. New MF hand plates and wires.

Post by -Ragnar66- »

following with great interest. Since owning a doll for just a week I already have to deal with broken fingers too. :|

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

You know, I've been researching the Shapeways thing today and this actually might be a possibility.
If it's affordable, I may even take a look at it for eyelids and other things I make.
It sounds simple enough to start a shop and upload parts. They handle shipping and everything.

The only caveat is the cost and whether the nylon material will work for this application.
I'll take a look at creating a sprued together kit - it wouldn't be that difficult.
If it's affordable, I'll need to have one printed so I can see the actual product before offering it.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Alright I sent these two test pieces to Shapeways...
test parts.jpg
test parts.jpg (234.74 KiB) Viewed 1468 times
The parts for each finger are connected with sprues and labeled. You'd just need to cut them off with some flush snips or an exacto knife.
Looks like they will ship end of next week.
If everything works I can open a store on Shapeways and make them available.

VegasBill
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by VegasBill »

I look forward to that MF, as my Lettie is still lovely apart from her fucked up hands with the bad design and thin wire that she came with.

I'm gunna need a bit of spare TPE and TPE glue too as two of her fingers are a mess, could you supply that too?

all in due time of course.. (meanwhile Lettie wear gloves when not on a photo shoot)

Cheers, VB
Love the site and our community and our stories, we're living the dream! My lovely lady, Lettie (Colette), joined me in March 2016. I wouldn't be without her now, see her photos at : http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=70454

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

MannequinFan wrote:Alright I sent these two test pieces to Shapeways...

The parts for each finger are connected with sprues and labeled. You'd just need to cut them off with some flush snips or exacto knife.
This is a great development. :thumbs_up:
Lets hope it works out positively so we can mend the hands of our poor dollies! :D

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by adelea »

How do you think it will work for different sized hands? Will you need to upload designs for each doll, or do you think you could do a one-size-fits-all ?

Maybe some customization on "bone" lengths for each finger for different dolls? Would just need to file down the box end of the metacarpals, and leave the phalanx's alone?

Or is there space inside the hand plate to adjust the length of the metacarpal to allow for this?

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

VegasBill wrote:I look forward to that MF, as my Lettie is still lovely apart from her fucked up hands with the bad design and thin wire that she came with.

I'm gunna need a bit of spare TPE and TPE glue too as two of her fingers are a mess, could you supply that too?
Thanks VB! I don't supply TPE, but my friend Grim may be able to help you with that...
viewforum.php?f=426
http://www.grimsdollaccessories.com/
djcdoll wrote:This is a great development. :thumbs_up:
Lets hope it works out positively so we can mend the hands of our poor dollies! :D
Thanks DJC! According to Shapeways the parts are already in production so we'll see how this goes. :)
The full set with plastic phalanges won't be super cheap but if you're up to cutting the brass tubing, all that you'd need are the palm plates which will be fairly inexpensive.
adelea wrote:How do you think it will work for different sized hands? Will you need to upload designs for each doll, or do you think you could do a one-size-fits-all ?
Hey Adelea, from what I've gathered there's mainly two hand lengths - 6-1/2" for the full size dolls and about 5-1/2" for the smaller size dolls (measured from wrist joint to tip of middle finger). This won't work for mini dolls.
The one I have done is for the 6-1/2" size. It's proportioned for a typical female hand so the TPE should stretch and conform to the skeleton to allow for small differences. For the 5-1/2" everything will need to shrink proportionally so it will require a shorter version of the palm plate and phalanges. If things go well with the 6-1/2" I'll take a look at doing a smaller version.

ildanach
Ex-Member

Post by ildanach »

MannequinFan wrote: If things go well with the 6-1/2" I'll take a look at doing a smaller version.
Yes please. For all my dolls (3) have smaller hands.
Cherry, Cameron, Caja and Carrie. The four Dollqueteers

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

ildanach wrote:
MannequinFan wrote: If things go well with the 6-1/2" I'll take a look at doing a smaller version.
What size are your dolls?
Remember also that the doll must have the factory palm plate/wrist bolt design for this to work.

ildanach
Ex-Member

Post by ildanach »

MannequinFan wrote:
ildanach wrote:
What size are your dolls?
Remember also that the doll must have the factory palm plate/wrist bolt design for this to work.
My first doll of 140 cm hadn't a palm plate, with her I already did an operation with a home made handplate.
You can see here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=110832&start=270 how I did that.
But the most important other is a climax Una plus of 106 cm and I don't know (yet) if she has a factory palmplate.
The 3rd is a 110 cm doll which definitely hasn't a factory palmplate. ( though she has the most beautifull little hands of all 3 of them)
hand
hand
DSCN9506 LR.JPG (94.33 KiB) Viewed 1407 times

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Ildanach she does have cute hands. :)
Unfortunately I won't be dong this for the mini dolls as the hands are just too small.

Here's a look at the full kit for the 6-1/2" hands...
IMG_4739.JPG
IMG_4739.JPG (1.03 MiB) Viewed 1396 times
Even with the jigs it took quite a bit of time to assemble all 40 pieces on the wires, so I'm hoping that the Shapeways thing works out as I just won't be able to supply these on a continual basis.

ildanach
Ex-Member

Post by ildanach »

MannequinFan wrote:Ildanach she does have cute hands. :)
Unfortunately I won't be dong this for the mini dolls as the hands are just too small.

Here's a look at the full kit for the 6-1/2" hands...
IMG_4739.JPG
Even with the jigs it took quite a bit of time to assemble all 40 pieces on the wires, so I'm hoping that the Shapeways thing works out as I just won't be able to supply these on a continual basis.
Yes I love those a bit chubby little fingers of her.
I hope too that shapeways will offer a supply and I'm even more hoping I won't need them in the nearby future.
The fingers of my first doll Cameron were of the worst quality and I hope I will have more luck with the hands of the other two

Samuel_78
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Samuel_78 »

More 3d party parts for use to make our lady's more realistic is welcome in my book.
Oh the other hand I think my wallet will need life support for a few months.
Who are my Doll's?
Chastity Ode Knight (YL170 D-cup, WM#33 head), Chastity's Album and Old eye candy page.
Chastity Knight 2.0 (JY170 H-cup, GU02 head) 2.0 Eye Candy page
Nina D'Hule (retired), Nina's Album

EasWesNJess

Post by EasWesNJess »

MannequinFan wrote:Alright I sent these two test pieces to Shapeways...
test parts.jpg
The parts for each finger are connected with sprues and labeled. You'd just need to cut them off with some flush snips or an exacto knife.
That is awesome!! Let us know when they will be advailable and provide us with a link to your store. I bought a few parts for model cars on Shapeways and quality is always amazing!
EasWesNJess
Owner of two WMDolls 168E with head #198.
🖤JessieV1's presentation
❤️JessieV2's page
🤖Jessie's AI art
Please consider visiting and subscribing to my thread.
Come give some love to Jessie!

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

question to IronTech doll owners: The fingers (wires) on my Izabel came off rather quickly, but the wires as such seem intact. Didn´t bend these very much and just cautiously. While squeezing and groping her hands it feels like the wire bases rather came off directly at the handplate design. So did the wires just "pulled out" (possible plug and pull design) or is there sort of weld (spot) that broke? :?

INFORMATIONS