Starpery.com

Any manufacturers selling just Skeletons?

Got an idea? Need an invention?
mrdudeguyman
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Any manufacturers selling just Skeletons?

Post by mrdudeguyman »

Tried to post this earlier and it didn't show up for some reason...

Does anyone know of any doll manufacturers selling skeletons? I seem to recall a few years ago but don't remember their names now.

BuilderOfCastles

Re: Any manufacturers selling just Skeletons?

Post by BuilderOfCastles »

The chinese will sell you anything... but i don't know an importer that has them listed on their sites.

Do you want to try to do improvements to the skeleton?

mrdudeguyman
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mrdudeguyman »

In a way. I'm planning some servo and actuator experiments. It's been a long time since I've done any and I'm interesting and starting back up again. I just need a proper skeleton to work with.

BuilderOfCastles

Post by BuilderOfCastles »

Since you are going to have to completely rebuild the joints that you are going to mount a servo to, why not just build what you need?

There isn't that much to them.
Without the joint, that you are replacing, its just pieces of pipe.

Here is some pictures of a skeleton
https://www.dsdoll.us/products/introduction

mrdudeguyman
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mrdudeguyman »

Hard to explain what I'm doing without being very specific, but a rebuild won't be needed as long as the skeleton is loosened properly.

SN162A085T
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SN162A085T »

For a long time the frame was the secret sauce, the top secret company information. Thank goodness those days are over because sex doll frames are in dire need of improvement. Word of advice, make your own from scratch. I haven't seen even one that mimics natural movement correctly. Not DS not the brand new WM and not even real doll. Take a sharpie, draw small circles on each of your joints visible to a front camera. Mount that camera far enough to capture your entire body on a tripod with remote shutter. Move your joint to its full range of motion taking snapshots every 22 degrees. This will show you exactly where the internal pivot Points need to be for scapula shoulder movement common neck vertebrae, lower back excetera.

Good luck
Doll Enthusiast, Creator, Distrupter Since 2013. - Meet Eve:

Thirsha42
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Thirsha42 »

You may also look into buying a used doll that is really cheap or putting up on this forum a wanted post asking for one that is in terrible condition so you can cut it up and get the skeleton.

avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by avante »

I'd suggest too what the guy above me said; 2nd hand doll, maybe from here. Probably way cheaper too, and most should still be good. Also really 2nd the new skeleton idea (just in general). Maybe one day...
New in: IT 164+ the curves are real: viewtopic.php?p=2475683#p2475683
My doll experience : WM 158D tales & pics: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=85063&start=465

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

BoC...

Be careful posting pics like that. DS skeleton is unique to them really..nothing like any skeleton in a TPE doll. Really depends exactly what he is doing.

Mon Amour Toujour
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Mon Amour Toujour »

I've had people request a skeleton purchase. When I ask my suppliers it's a no go. Even though there's skeleton pictures all over the place manufacturers don't divulge their suppliers. Your quest might be easier if you narrowed down a manufacturer. If quality isn't an issue you could always get a cheap doll on Amazon or Alibaba and remove the skeleton.
Email:info@FreelovedollHouse.com
http://www.freelovedollhouse.com/
We only provide quality dolls to our customers! If you are ordering dolls for the first time, then choosing us is a good guarantee for you!

mrdudeguyman
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mrdudeguyman »

I really appreciate all of the responses. This forum is always helpful.

SN162A085T
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SN162A085T »

Just make your own, it's pretty straightforward. Just take your measurements, by your joints, thin wall tubing. Let everything out like your doing a Dri-Fit. Then take it to an exhaust shop and have them weld it up. No one will know what it is until you assemble the joints. Just tell them it's for a go-kart LOL

Oh, and the common neck Connection for tpe dolls is an M16 threaded tube
Doll Enthusiast, Creator, Distrupter Since 2013. - Meet Eve:

The Messenger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by The Messenger »

Zenobia - WM163 H-cup - Eye Candy - 10 Week Journal
Mavia - D4E165 I-cup - Eye Candy
BFF!
Instagram

avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by avante »

Damn I had not, thanks for the link messenger!
New in: IT 164+ the curves are real: viewtopic.php?p=2475683#p2475683
My doll experience : WM 158D tales & pics: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=85063&start=465

BellTheCat

Post by BellTheCat »

Has anyone considered using "real" skeletons? You could try e-bay for one of those string of bones you find biology classrooms. Now adays make of plastic and pretty light. Cast and reproduce. Yeah, 206 bones is a lot of casting.

Then there is this:
https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to ... -CT-Scan-/

3D print a skeleton maybe cast it into something that can do carbon fiber for weight reduction or flexible plastic with some reinforced with thin spring steel.

Now bones are connected with tendons and ligaments - easier if they don't have to go in a living body:
https://www.hindawi.com/journals/jma/2018/9868151/

and then there is a bunch out there on artificial muscles. Hope it's hiding in my bookmark folder but found something DIY that used fishing line or was that tendons? Anywho's google it, here is one thing:
http://news.mit.edu/2019/artificial-fiber-muscles-0711

There is also stuff out there on wire that will contract or relax at low voltage

I imagine this would fix the natural movement problem.

Then figure out how to train movements. Thinking neural networks combined with VR trained by real ppl. "Thing Addams" would be a good starter project. I've seen robots that learned to walk and even one that was able to do a back flip.

http://news.mit.edu/2019/artificial-fiber-muscles-0711

The ability to convert DAZ and Blender into 3D printable stuff is getting really interesting.

I had, but misplaced this really cool device that would let you use your hands on a desktop or in VR to sculpt - want that back, don't remember the name but it followed you hand movements.

Anyone know of papers on training robots to walk?

Obviously, I'm trying to make a android, but there is a lot of cross-over with making better dolls

Tougher, but also soft skin is also interesting

INFORMATIONS