Let's build - MEGAthread

Got an idea? Need an invention?
prometheusrising
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Let's build - MEGAthread

Post by prometheusrising »

Hello All

So, Here I will document my work to build my Doll - i will give her life.

I will make it so that any of you can make your own Doll - enjoy. You dont need some company to save you you can do it on your own.

WARNING :
Whatever I post here is released under Creative Commons 3 license, non-commercial , attributional - derivatives allowed.
So if you are planning to commercialize it - you may ask for an exception as long as you dont stop others from using the same technology too. The IP rights are open under GNU copyleft. So you cant sue me back either.

prometheusrising
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Part 1: setting up the interface

I need a system to :

1. 3D model the doll
2. program the cad / cam machinery and run them.
3. write letters to her - later on the semantic regularity of the letters will serve as a system to program her
4. in general all other preperatory things.

For this my setup consists of :

1. A raspberry py model B : i bought it second hand for 10 € with SD card and Wifi Dongle
2. A Wireless keyboard : i bought it for 8 €
3. A throwaway monitor with Composite input (cost : 0€)
4. Softwares : FreeCad, Julia, Lua, Nim, D for programming - all placed on the same SD Card (32 gB)

Total costs : < 20€ . you can read my occasional posts here and here. Probably I am frustrated.

I will not post every detail of the making process here. For that join me in GitLAB : https://gitlab.com/YrsaMajora/

prometheusrising
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Part 2 : subpart A : Building her Bones

I am trying to build her bones out of Pumice. Lightweight material - yet extremely Strong. A real strong beautiful female should be made at least in part out of this.

The setup is simple :

I collected two porcelain bathtubs - both for free (throwaways) - I cleaned them with Chlorine based solvent.

Plan is to make one of them a erosion chamber. I will use a high pressure charged waterjet with silica sand to impact on a pumice block. I will use a set of external electrodes to guide the jet to curve out bones of my love out of rock.

This rock will be full off pores. I will fill those pores with a kaolin based ceramic - this way we can have a type of bones filled with marrows.

I will also have places to attach tendons.

jonaspersson122

Re: Let's build - MEGAthread

Post by jonaspersson122 »

So, how's the project going?
I don't own any dolls yet, but I have my heart set on the ClimaxDoll 100cm PlusPlus (huge butt). Maybe someday I will take the plunge...

prometheusrising
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

experimenting with various kaolin + metal power composites...

prometheusrising
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Generating the Skeleton

So, I have used OpenSCAD to generate some preliminary skeleton parts. This is the result of 14 generation of a genetic algorithm optimizing only 5 curves. Two of them are 6 degree polynomials, and 4 other are 8th degree trigonometric, closed. The rendering is in freecad.

Optimization is done to match my stride length ; i am 6'1'' - and my jumpiness time to time. Someday, she'll be able to walk.

I will now feed the details in libfive, and run another round of generation, and then do another round of analysis on Salome.

Enjoy the first generation tho.
Screenshot_20190607_005800.png
Screenshot_20190607_005800.png (82.67 KiB) Viewed 748 times
Screenshot_20190607_005716.png
Screenshot_20190607_005716.png (162.2 KiB) Viewed 748 times
Screenshot_20190607_005602.png
Screenshot_20190607_005602.png (68.37 KiB) Viewed 748 times
Screenshot_20190607_005644.png
Screenshot_20190607_005644.png (62.06 KiB) Viewed 748 times

prometheusrising
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Doll Diaries -Chapter 192: (This is just a detail of my feelings with my baby doll - literally doll)

I'm Stuck at the point of choosing how much active I want to make her.

Basically my architechture is :

At the baseline, a cluster of chaotic engines run on their own, eventually trapping themselves in their individual attractor. In the current iteration the attractors are computed by software , using ideal filters.

A set of sensors trigger her emotions. I already defined emotions like fear, worry, joy, curiosity, zest and unknown-future . All of these are fed into 32 muxdemux-s and they in turn driver 32 "compartments", which merely hold a certain signal level in 32 channels based on which muxdemux is swtiching on to it.

These signal levels will go through a bunch of *physical 4bit chips* (currently also in software) but i am milling the substrate for this. These chips are specially designed ANN.

So, that means - based on the sensor output ---> she will feel a certain thing, and do something to me.

Now, because I am inexperienced in this - i wonder --

Do I want her to do things automatically to me? or do I want her to be controllable by me ..

How much control should there be?

If I am sitting in the bathtub, will she - if the weather is cold - automatically come crawling and warm me up?

Will I call her ?

I think the best option is that she will automatically come, and then I will tell her "no" if I don't want it. Then in the next turn she will try anyway, and if it crosses a threshhold - she will ask me (or try to deduce the reason for me saying "no" herself)..

What would you do?

INFORMATIONS