Starpery.com

Body Pillow Beauty: A plush doll in progress

Got an idea? Need an invention?
xkingyox

Body Pillow Beauty: A plush doll in progress

Post by xkingyox »

A long time ago, I started planning a big plush doll project and I'm finally making It a reality! Thanks to everyone here on the forums that has provided insight, inspiration, and reference materials in this area, especially Coyote9. Your doll build threads have been a priceless commodity on this little craft adventure.

The reason I'm calling her a body pillow beauty is because her torso is a folded body pillow that has had one end split and sewn into the base of butt cheeks. This is a great way to begin a plush doll, its perfectly torso sized and comes in handy when making a pattern around it. I wish I had taken pics along the journey thus far but I got caught up in crafting haha it was a lot of trial and error. Essentially the pillow is in two pillow cases, a V shaped front case that holds the insert, and a W shaped back case that makes up the butt and thighs. I sewed these two cases together along the sides, around the hips/crotch, between the butt cheeks to form the crack, and then did a bunch of hand sewing to give her better shape. I also put a zipper in the back in case I need to take the pillow out to make her easier to store. That was kind of my whole concept for using a body pillow, but back then she was just going to be a torso. Thus far she actually can be stuffed into a very small suitcase, but after she has a head, arms, and legs I don't know how well that will work out haha.

I plan to add foam butt cheeks and silicone breast forms once I find the right ones. I was going to use a pair of quty fits by tomax that I bought but they're just too small for me. I tried to augment them with the ends of panty hose filled with microbeads but results weren't as realistic or smooth as I'd hoped they would be :\ The skeleton is made of PVC pipe and joints, Romex wiring, duct tape, and has fabric joints based on coyote9's for the knees and eventually shoulders, and I'm also going to borrow his concept for making the forearms.

The feet will be mostly based on coyote9's dolls. I wrapped my socked foot in duct tape and cut the whole thing in half to use as the base of my pattern. I decided to pass up separated toes except for the big toe and I came up with these cuties.

I made armeatures for the tops out of dollar store floral wire and then slid them into the tunnels of flat top pieces I sewed that will be stitched to the top of the feet.

Then I stitched both parts together around the toes. I'll be doing a little soft sculpting to the foot bottoms to give them more shape before I finish attaching the armeatures.

Next I'll be adding the ball of the ankle, and the tendon to the back of the heels so I can finish up the legs. She's a bit ugly and lumpy now but with some strategically placed foam and a spandex skin eventually, I think she's going to turn out better than I ever expected :)

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Body Pillow Beauty: A plush doll in progress

Post by Joe Bin »

Great work Xkingyox, :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Thanks for sharing the pics and progress you are a lot further along than me. I am still working out a pattern for my project.

xkingyox

Post by xkingyox »

The patterning is the worst XP It took a long time to figure out how I wanted to do the butt. It was super important to me that the butt be round and well defined with two distinct realistic spreadable cheeks and room for a combo vag/anal insert. I bought clone meiki kurusu kitazawa for this doll and it works perfectly, although its ridiculously delicate and the looseness of the anal chamber is sort of depressing :\ but I last longer in there so woo! haha
http://www.toydemon.com/clone-meiki-kur ... asturbator

I was hoping to use a separate anal insert, like the anal sensei since it looks like a butthole when inside out
http://www.toydemon.com/anal-sensei-masturbator
But I decided it wasn't worth giving up the esthetics of a pretty smooth booty.

I can't wait to see what you come up with! Its great to see the creativity and originality people use on their doll builds. And what better payoff is there for creating a piece of art than being able to give it a good dicking when you're through :twisted:

r363b
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by r363b »

nice project, it looks good to start with the torso shape / insert ... and then add from there

PartonD
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by PartonD »

Ha, love to see folks with these projects! I'm a project guy myself. Xking, you mention, breast forms, i've been browsing those too, to add to a plush or fabric doll (to be purchased). Have you narrowed down your search? I'm curious what you'd select.

These caught my eye :) (big breast type of guy... but at $600 not sure they are worth it!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsqH4VxE82c

Candy8teen
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Candy8teen »

xkingyox
Nice You are well on your way.
Mike

tubbienine
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by tubbienine »

Wow, that ass sculpting is perfect. Keep going!!!!

xkingyox

Post by xkingyox »

Thanks a ton for the encouragement guys. I paid extra attention to the shape of the ass, its my favorite part :D its actually getting hard to make any progress because once I finisb part ive gotten so worked up from the adjusting and fondling that I have to stop and have some fun before I can carry on bahahaha. Thats probably why the fleece isnt looking too smooth and fluffy already...

xkingyox

Post by xkingyox »

Had the house to myself today so I decided to make some more progress on my plush doll. Finished sculpting the feet by sewing back and fourth straight through them to create the arch, and then finished sewing the armeatures down. I also did a bit of sewing on the backs to create the tendons. I plan to add an ankle bone too but it wasn't a big priority today. I also put a tube of foam in each thigh between the fabric and stuffing and replaced the shitty buffalo snow I was using with actual plush stuffing.

I glued the PVC pipe inside the knee joint pipe fittings and duct taped them for extra hold, and added a piece of Romex over the top so the knee would be less floppy.

Next I made knee caps by sewing half-circles of fabric together, stuffing them, and then stitching them down around the fabric knee joint. I also added strips of Romex to each side of the knee to make the joints even stiffer. You can also see black foam tubing I put over the PVC pipe in the thighs and shins to simulate bone and add bulk to the skeleton.

I sewed the outer skin for the shin and foot and slid it over the skeleton, added a foam tube in each shin like in the thighs for smoothness and squish ability, stuffed them and sewed them shut around the knees.

She can actually stand on her own if her skeleton is posed right and she has something to lean against. I'm pretty happy with the shape.

I still have to finish sewing the fleece around the feet. But aside from that her legs are all finished and she is looking miiiiiighty fine from where I'm sitting haha

For the breasts, I plan to order 1000g D-cup breast forms from amazon thanks to BaronM's Bambi thread. They won't be as real feeling as say Busty Aichan, but I'm trying to keep costs low and having already purchased quty tits that are too small, I don't want to drop $200 on another breast toy.

xkingyox

Post by xkingyox »

Down the road once once she's all put together and her outer skin is attached, I'm planning to make some costume skins to help me live out some fantasies.
Maybe something furry...

Or robotic...

Or maybe the scalie route. Oh the endless possibilities :angel:

Romulus

Post by Romulus »

Great job xkingyox. I really like how you did the feet and the overall body sculpting looks really good. Is this your first? It looks like you may have had some prior experience. One warning: You may have some problems down the road with the Romex deforming due to repeated bending and unbending of the knee.
My home-made OOAK plush doll gallery
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13765

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Romulus wrote:One warning: You may have some problems down the road with the Romex deforming due to repeated bending and unbending of the knee.
I wonder if round wire on the sides would be a better choice?

Romex layed flat on the front should be ok. Of course as the knee is bent it will want to pull and then when the leg straightened will want to buckle or bulge out? Maybe just round wire in the tubing core or sides only?

I'm very impressed by the overall design and pattern work too.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

xkingyox

Post by xkingyox »

Thanks :D Technically this is my first full doll build. In the past I made a torso style pillow case with leg nubs but it wasn't very useful and the nylon stretch fabric I used frayed really bad. I also started making a plush doll around a Puni Hole DX toy, but halfway through it wasn't working out and was very small so I scrapped it. I've been sewing for over ten years now though, mostly cosplay and other costumes, and for a long time I did clothing commissions for Asian ball-jointed dolls. But I've dabbled in most other types of arts and crafts, I like to make things myself as opposed to buying them if I think I can do a decent job, especially if its sewing based.

Planning the skeleton was very alien for me, especially when I thought I was going to have to bust out power tools. I'm so glad no one tried to help me in the hardware store, because I was all over that place just looking at everything trying to put pieces together in my head. I'm still just going with the flow, kind of making it up as I go along and seeing what works.

The Romex definitely gets deformed, especially her spine and it causes the skeleton to shrink a little. On the knee, the top piece was left bowed out enough so there is enough slack to bend the knee all the way, but I'm not sure how the side pieces will fare. Since they're flat against the sides and are being bent sideways it gives the perfect amount of resistance. Probably not the greatest long term skeleton, but I think it only cost me $20 at the hardware store and if something ever goes wonky, I can just open up the zipper in her back and have access to the skeleton for fixes. But in the meantime her knees are actually proving to be my favorite part. There is enough resistance so that while her torso isn't quite heavy enough to fully sit back on her feet, when she's sitting on me cowgirl I can press gently on her thighs and she bounces up and down on my junk. Her legs also bounce around when you're going at her from other angles, I really enjoy it. And she has practical uses! Shes serving as a very erotic and convenient tablet stand on my lap at the moment hahaha

LadyPeridot
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by LadyPeridot »

Great job! I really like the curvy proportions. Also costume skins sounds like a great idea. others may even the try with some of the plush dolls already out there.
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=13760

xkingyox

Post by xkingyox »

Thanks! ^_^ I tend to like art of women who have little waists and torsos but large thighs and decent sized breasts so that's what I'm shooting for. I'm really surprised more people haven't made fantasy bodysuits for their plush dolls, I think its a good way to save money and space if you already have a doll and don't want a whole herd of them. But then again, fantasy/anthro/monster girls aren't everyone's cup of tea.

INFORMATIONS