Starpery.com

My Size Barbie Mod - 3d Print files for Download

Got an idea? Need an invention?
SFembot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: My Size Barbie Mod - 3d Print files for Download

Post by SFembot »

I've also made a platform high heel sandal that I want to paint in black, I should have that finished shortly and will post pics.

Working on calibrating my newly built 3D laser scanner so I can reproduce a Dolfie Dream torso to use as an alternative torso
design. This will allow movement in the torso for better posing, etc, I hope :)

After Marilyn is done (the dress is going to take the majority of time to make), I'm converting the Ariel candidate into Jessica Rabbit
then see where I am at that point as I was thinking of a homage to Galaxina , Vampirella, Barbarella, and a female alien humanoid.

OK, back to the workshop.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey SF, awesome work!
You really nailed the MM likeness on that head!
Nice work on the sandals as well. :thumbs_up:
Can't wait to see the finished product. :D

SFembot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SFembot »

MannequinFan wrote:Hey SF, awesome work!
You really nailed the MM likeness on that head!
Nice work on the sandals as well. :thumbs_up:
Can't wait to see the finished product. :D
]
Thanks, MF! I'm just a little surprised that we haven't had more members trying this out, it would be nice to see other people's creations...

mad-scientist-edward
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by mad-scientist-edward »

I still have my msb, but unfortunately I haven’t been able to get my hands on a 3d printer yet. I’ve also been sidetracked with some side projects. I’ve been tinkering with the idea of replacing the interior of mine with one of the 3 foot skeletons they’re selling for Halloween, and filling out the gaps with fabric, but that’s also on the backburner while I’m tidying my shop. Loving the progress though, and I can’t want to see another finished msb mod!
Just a mad scientist, hoping to bring life to the nearly inanimate!
"Toy; noun: an object that makes you happy!" Dr. Phineas Waldorf Steel

loungemem02
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by loungemem02 »

Wow...I have not been following this thread and must say I've been missing out. Actually just picked up a couple 3d printers recently and wanted to get into this project. Looks like I picked a good time to check in on it. SF...you did an awesome job on your gal and have inspired me to fix up some of my girls. I have a rather large collection of MSB dolls I was planning on modifying. Too many...sadly wasn't able to pick up the Belle, but I pretty much have the rest.

SFembot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SFembot »

loungemem02 wrote:Wow...I have not been following this thread and must say I've been missing out. Actually just picked up a couple 3d printers recently and wanted to get into this project. Looks like I picked a good time to check in on it. SF...you did an awesome job on your gal and have inspired me to fix up some of my girls. I have a rather large collection of MSB dolls I was planning on modifying. Too many...sadly wasn't able to pick up the Belle, but I pretty much have the rest.
Cool, thanks!

Should have the new torso done by this weekend so hope to post progress pics.

greyfox

Post by greyfox »

I have been watching your post for sometime now and just wanted to say "Great job and thanks for sharing your STL files". I have been printing the parts from your files and they are working great. I did not see the files for the "Mystery piece/knee joint". Can you share where I can find the file, so I can print them? I will post my progress soon and let you know how it is going. So far just printing parts :)

SFembot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SFembot »

Here's the new torso next to her sister, I've already shortened the neck length but this one might be a tad too long too...

This new torso incorporates an internal ball joint to allow articulation, so should allow more flexibility when posing. Once
I've sectioned the original MSB torso, I will be designing the internal structure to hold both the torso ball joint, the neck/head
attachment as well as the two magnet cups for holding her arms in.
Attachments
IMG_3854.JPG
IMG_3854.JPG (2.53 MiB) Viewed 2996 times

jokerisalive
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jokerisalive »

looks amazing bro!

snake24
Ex-Member

Post by snake24 »

wow looks nice man you gave me an awesome idee for the knees im doing a fullscale robot thanks for the idee.
<spam removed>

DollFan789

Post by DollFan789 »

greyfox wrote:I have been watching your post for sometime now and just wanted to say "Great job and thanks for sharing your STL files". I have been printing the parts from your files and they are working great. I did not see the files for the "Mystery piece/knee joint". Can you share where I can find the file, so I can print them? I will post my progress soon and let you know how it is going. So far just printing parts :)
I'm with you. Can we please have the knee joint files?

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey guys, sorry I've been really busy with other things lately so haven't kept up with this thread.

Alright, here are the parts for the knee/calf/shoe feet that I sent to SFembot.
Parts that have "L" at the end need to be flipped for the right side.

I really didn't intend on these for everyone - it was a work in progress really so certain things may or may not work with your printer. I use ABS exclusively for everything so I'm not sure how it will work with PLA or others.

There are quite a few pieces - mainly because of my old printer's size and also to eliminate or reduce support material where possible. The ankle has a special joint that I developed - I call it a "ball in ball" joint that allows the tension to be screw adjusted via a pressure post. These parts need to be printed in finer quality. I used .15 layer height for these. The pressure post is a very tight fit in the socket so you may need to make some adjustments, or just come up with something different if it doesn't work for you. The socket goes in the end of the calf.
pressure post parts.jpg
pressure post parts.jpg (336.91 KiB) Viewed 2583 times
Here are the parts. Download and change .pdf to .zip...
Foot parts L.pdf
(2.67 MiB) Downloaded 150 times
Knee-calf L.pdf
(2.51 MiB) Downloaded 131 times
Shoe L.pdf
(3.6 MiB) Downloaded 144 times
BTW, if you're looking for a 3d printing filament that is pretty close to the Barbie color, the "Terracotta" color from Paramount 3d is really close.
It's available in both PLA and ABS.
https://www.paramount-3d.com/product-pa ... l30127591c
https://www.paramount-3d.com/product-pa ... l30127591a
IMG_4738.JPG
IMG_4738.JPG (585.56 KiB) Viewed 2579 times

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Can you build a sexy, self replicating, mini assistant? Then she/they can take over all the work for you. :D
You might program in a limit of 20 helpers or you may have to move! :lol:
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

SFembot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SFembot »

Time for an update!

I think I already mentioned it but I wasn't too keen on the leg proportions on the MSB donor so I "extended" MF's original calf design as well as designing a new high heel foot shape for sandals, etc.

Here are all the parts ready for assembly.
IMG_2904.JPG
IMG_2904.JPG (1.82 MiB) Viewed 2537 times
A comparison between MF's original design (on the right) and the new extended lower leg with the new foot shape and matching high heel sandal.
IMG_2905.JPG
IMG_2905.JPG (1.81 MiB) Viewed 2537 times
I also designed a matching platform spike high heel shoe to go with the new foot shape.
Here's what it looks like with the new extended leg.
IMG_2901.JPG
IMG_2901.JPG (2.37 MiB) Viewed 2537 times
Closeup of the shoe and new foot design
IMG_2902.JPG
IMG_2902.JPG (1.77 MiB) Viewed 2537 times
Then while browsing Pinterest for costume ideas, I came upon this pic and decided to try making it in miniature.
shoe.jpg
shoe.jpg (58.38 KiB) Viewed 2537 times
And here is the result, otherwise known as the world's most uncomfortable shoe. I believe this would translate to a 5.5 to 6 inch heel in real life.
IMG_2919.JPG
IMG_2919.JPG (2.02 MiB) Viewed 2537 times
I think this new foot shape makes her legs look really great even though she'd probably complain about wearing them :wink:

For outfits, I've finished the Marilyn subway dress, then recreated one of Allen Jones's sculpture from Clockwork Orange ["Hatstand"] in leather, pretty happy how they turned out. :D If anyone has any other ideas, go ahead and post them on the thread.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Great job!! :D
Nice that our dolls never complain what we do with them or make them wear. :lol:
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

INFORMATIONS