Starpery.com

As Promised-Calling all Chemists

Got an idea? Need an invention?
mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

As Promised-Calling all Chemists

Post by mannequin man »

(DISCLAIMER )-( NOTICE-- THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION / POSTS, IN THIS THREAD ARE "SPECIFICALLY" FOR EXPERIMENTAL & RESEARCH EFFORTS ONLY, DIRECTED TOWARDS FORMULATING BLENDS OF CHEMICALS ( NAMELY PLATINUM CURE & TIN CURE SILICONES ), IN THE ONGOING EFFORTS TO PRODUCE MORE LIFELIKE SILICONES & SUCH THAT EMULATE HUMAN SKIN, ORGANS, OTHER BODY PARTS THAT MAY OR CAN BE USED TO ENHANCE THE LIFELIKE PERFORMANCE OF "LOVE DOLLS", IN TOUCH, PERFORMANCE, ETC. IN ANY EFFORTS TO CALCULATE MIXING OF 'ANY' CHEMICALS OR MATERIALS, IT IS HIGHLY ADVISED THAT THESE FORMULATIONS BE ATTEMPTED BY PROFESSIONAL, EXPERIENCED INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE KNOWLEDGE IN THE FIELD OF CHEMICAL RESEARCH & SUCH TO PERFORM THESE EXPERIMENTS. ("BY POSTING") YOUR FINDINGS, ETC. YOU AGREE THAT YOU DO SO BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION & THAT PERFORMING SUCH EXPERIMENTS AT YOUR OWN FACILITY, YOU WAVE YOUR RIGHTS TO RETALIATE AGAINST MYSELF ( MANNEQUIN MAN ) AND ANY AND ALL STAFF OF 'TDF'. ( http://www.dollforum.com ) FOR ANY PHYSICAL, PERSONAL, PROPERTY, COLLATERAL, DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR IN YOUR EFFORTS OF DOING YOUR OWN CHEMICAL RESEARCH ON YOUR OWN, & AT ('YOUR') FACILITY. WE SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY ANY MEDICAL ISSUES THAT RENDER THEMSELVES BY YOUR LACK OF RESEARCH IN WORKING WITH / MIXING ANY CHEMICALS. AS WITH ALL EXPERIMENTING, DO YOUR HOMEWORK 1ST. & SAFETY ALWAYS IS THE PRIORITY !!!!!.......OK, .Now that, that B.S. is out the way, lets move on......"Are you a Chemist or of a Chemist sorts" ? back yard fiddler ? Doctor Frankenstien...lol like mixing & blending things together just for the thrill & curiosity to see what the hell happens ? ...or what kind of material you come up with ? Well, ...this is the thread for You ! Since 1990 I have been doing such things with Latex rubber, Silicones, Urethanes, resins, putty, glues of all kinds, paints, body filler, other liquid chemicals, etc. now...having said that, I do hold a 4yr. degree from University of Maryland /Baltimore, but I ...still dont know it all. I Love what I do. my expertise lies with Tincure Silicone, ( as an Independent with DAP coatings ) ( Cove Rd. Facility, Baltimore ) at 54yrs. old, I still mix & blend all sorts of other chemicals with Silicone. unbelievably I have not yet poisoned myself with toxic fumes or blown up my city......well,..not yet..lol. this may sound silly but I probably have close to 1,000 lbs. of cured samples ranging from resins, latex, glues of all kinds, 30 different blends of slimes, putty's, etc. the most topping out about 700lbs.+ of Silicones & Urethanes. ( I specialize in Tincure Silicone as I stated before though ). kinda funny now, after being a member of TDF for around 3-4yrs. now, I bring my experience to The Love Doll Industry. ( of which thrills me to no end ! ). I would like to call those who share my interest & excitement to put in your .02 cnts. worth. If we can, we can use this thread to keep in touch with one another on research & development, only try to keep your lab results & findings tailored to that of promoting the Love Doll Industry ONLY !!!
( SIDE NOTE ).....MOST IF NOT ALL CHEMICALS & MATERIALS HAVE WHAT WE CALL A .."SHELF LIFE" DONT BUY IN BULK AMOUNTS IF YOU DONT PLAN ON USING THEM SOON & IN QUANTITY. THEY WILL CURE, SITTING FOR WEEKS & MONTHS, IN ITS OWN CONTAINER OR BECOME WHAT WE CHEMISTS SAY.....INACTIVE STATE. AFTER SO LONG, THE POLYMERS & SUCH BREAK DOWN & WILL NOT MIX OR CURE. ...WAISTED $$$

Sincerely, Mannequin Man.

( Lab Test 1 ) Yield at 5Gal. sample / "Wet & Squishy" Formula. other ratios will be graduated in lesser values to enhance usability for smaller projects. / sequence ( A ). this yield will be added step by step. ........( Ok ) ...to Formulate our 1st 'test' sample / test batch of the 'Wet & Squishy" formulation, let's start off with a simple mixing of a few elements that can be purchased at Wal-Mart or other retailers. ( Note-the forgoing chemical calculations are posted to start off with, just to get you the feel of how this works). after a few 'fails' you will be off & running, then I will move you on to Larger & different batches.

( materials & Chemicals needed ) (Batch 1 ) 'Wet & Squishy" Tincure Silicone Formula.
product- 1 -10oz. tube general use CLEAR tincure Silicone ( cost $3.50 US) ... product - 1-10oz. tube of Alex Plus all purpose acrylic latex caulk plus silicone. ( cost $2.00 US) / 1- 1Gal. jug of oderless Mineral Spirits (cost $11.00 US) product - 1 -16oz. bottle mineral oil ( baby oil ) ( or if you wish uncented mineral oil ) (cost $1.80) product - 1Gal. distilled water (cost $1.00 US) product - 1 1oz. tube ( water based makeup ) ( optional ).

( Tools & supplies needed ) / variable speed mixer or drill with mixing attachment. / 3-5Gal. mixing bowl or open container - chinese wok type ). ( 5Gal pail not suggested )/ small plastic cup. / mixing ladel or spatula / (optional)- 10qt. stainless steel pot or equivalent vacuum chamber container to withstand 3CFM vacuum pressure. with matching lid for a good seal. / (optional)- 3CFM Vacuum pump attached to vacuum chamber. ( Vacuum process is strictly used in degassing silicone & other materials to remove air for a smooth, air bubble free casting. / an open air, climate controlled, work area/shop that is equipped with a working exhaust system to evacuate fumes, smells while your samples cure. / 2-5Gal. pails, buckets for cleaning of tools & such with minerals spirits, brushes. / running water- wash-shop basin, lab sink, etc. ( I use a solution of mineral oil, dish soap & vinegar to wash up with ). ( use a little bleach as well for stubborn chemicals such as Urethanes, etc. ) ( Safety Glasses & Latex or disposable gloves ) ( brushes ) optional/ mixing cups- 1/4, 1/2, etc./ 1 metal caulking gun. / paper towels.

*( VERY, VERY IMPORTANT NOTE ) ( Ok, before we begin the "Wet & Squishy" formula, keep in mind that Water & Silicone do not mix. if this is not followed correctly, you'll end up with something that looks like what the dog puked up & waisted money. so, just follow along & dont get discouraged.......ok, here we go...

STEP 1. using your 3-5Gal Wok style mixing bowl, pour in 4 1/4 or 1 cups water into bowl. ( warm water will speed curing time ) (ratios are something ya might write down, because these can change through-out formulations. ) with added water, using your caulking gun with a full 10oz. tube of clear general purpose silicone, squirt in all the silicone into the bowl with the water. ( this will come to around 13-15 squirts/ plunges with the caulking gun ) ( write this down).

STEP 2. change out the empty tube of silicone & replace with tube of latex caulk. plunge in 1-2 squirts only. ( this determines bonding break with water barrier ) If you go 3 plunges, its over the point & will never cure. (write that down.) 1 plunge will be best to start off with, so ya see what i mean, then go from there ok ? ...close caulk tip with lid or what i use is just squeeze a bolt into the opening to save for later. ( the Latex/ Silicone caulk is an active ingredient that is the missing link with bonding water to other materials. this water aspect & bonding also work with Urethanes & fiberglass polymers, but that comes later.
(IMPORTANT NOTE).....All or most materials such as latex, silicone, etc.....they all have whats called a "SHELF LIFE". so, do not purchase these materials as in bulk, if you dont have a plan to use them soon. THEY WILL CURE AFTER SITTING FOR MONTHS IN THEIR OWN CONTAINER, OR BECOME WHAT WE CHEMISTS CALL,....."INACTIVE"....waisted material & $$$.

STEP 3. pour in 4 1/4 cups / 1 cup oderless Mineral spirits.

STEP 4. pour in 1/2 tspn. flesh or other colored ( water based ) makeup.

STEP 5. Mixing........ok, here is where it gets tricky. just be patient !!!!....Be Patient !....HAVE PATIENTS !!!!!
Mix & Mix & Mix that batch for around 10-20 minutes, or more depending on the water temp, & mixing technique. you are going to be pissed, discouraged & even think your waisting your time......keep mixing....keep mixing....keep mixing. dont look like its working , does it ?.....keep on mixing !!!!!...mixing, & mixing.......WTF ??? OMG ! its blending !!!!! Its blending & mixing !...Oh my FKNG GOD ! what happens here folks is amazing ! "Time" is the missing formula to making this "Wet & Squishy" come to life. the more you mix & blend, you will see that this stuff really is amazing. a

STEP 6. after you have mixed your balls off, with your spatula, pour out the "stuff" into your degassing chamber & degass in 1 minute intervals. watch through the lid window, to not let it rise too high & suck into the vacuum hose port. if it gets close, shut off the vacuum pump & let it fall back down, then repeat 3=4 times. that should be good. if you do not have a vacuum pump, simply but carefully pour the mix at an elevated distance above your mold, create a thin, runny stream to remove air.

clean all tools & such & your hands with mineral spirits & then yourself with a little bleach / soap water. mineral spirits break down the goop of silicone on tools & hands, & bleach dilutes & breaks down mineral spirits. bar soap ( lime ) breaks down the bleach. kinda a table of periodic elements thing.

STEP 7 let sample cure at 70 degrees for 48-60hrs. ( 2 days ) demold.
STEP 8 to preserve samples moisture, simply store in a container of water now that water has been impregnated into the sample. ( wash & freshen up sample with bath soap, etc. ( smell of mineral spirits & baby oil will dissipate over 2 weeks soaking in water )

STEP 9 as with all silicones, materials etc. a simple barrier of vaseline, body cream, lube, etc. is recomended between you & materials for health & cleanliness.

next post coming up soon........& your welcome !

MM :glou:

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Re: As Promised-Calling all Chemists

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks for divulging your work and taking the time to post it all!!
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by mannequin man »

rubherkitty wrote:Thanks for divulging your work and taking the time to post it all!!
Hey RHK. yeah, spread the word if ya can, I know there were several who wanted to try this. I might add the link for under "Wet & Squishy" post. I think it was in IC as well. that way or maybe our Moderator can link the posts or just combine them somehow ? I will be posting Batch/Formula #2 here soon as well. hope all has been well with you !
MM

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Very informative post mannequin man. Thanks for sharing! :thumbs_up:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by mannequin man »

To all concerned: This post is the same thread follow up as ..( http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=76731 ) ( WET & SQUISHY INSERT FORMULA ) / MODERATOR...please delete other post thread about this topic ? I will be posting all updates & information on this thread here, As Promised-Calling all Chemists...thank you. I will continue with this thread here to post updates on WET & SQUISHY Formula...MM

Xephyr
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Xephyr »

Not quite in the same field of study, but I found this article to be interesting regarding skin cell creation:

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/0 ... IrbeH3F6QQ

crazyfingers

Post by crazyfingers »

Where was the mineral oil used?

jacobbab
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by jacobbab »

@ mannequin man
Thanks so much for this, you're awesome maybe you can sell small samples of this for people to get an idea of the finish product and make some coins for yourself. I'm interested.

SynDaverlover765

Post by SynDaverlover765 »

jacobbab wrote:@ mannequin man
Thanks so much for this, you're awesome maybe you can sell small samples of this for people to get an idea of the finish product and make some coins for yourself. I'm interested.
Same here! :glou:

mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by mannequin man »

crazyfingers wrote:Where was the mineral oil used?
oops...thank you !!! ok, with the small batch described only add 1tbs. to recipe. thank you "crazyfingers" for catching that. ( mineral oil / baby oil ) is used not only to give pleasant scent but also helps with squishy feel.....again, thank you for catching that !!!!
MM

abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by abracadabra »

sounds fun
"no matter how good looking she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her shit"

"f#ck the G-ride, I want the machines that are making em."

crazyfingers

Post by crazyfingers »

mannequin man wrote:
crazyfingers wrote:Where was the mineral oil used?
oops...thank you !!! ok, with the small batch described only add 1tbs. to recipe. thank you "crazyfingers" for catching that. ( mineral oil / baby oil ) is used not only to give pleasant scent but also helps with squishy feel.....again, thank you for catching that !!!!
MM
No problem. I saw it in your list of materials but couldn't find where it was used anywhere.
I'll have to try some too.

mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by mannequin man »

abracadabra wrote:sounds fun
Love your AVatar !!!..nice Ta-Ta's !!!!

blakdeth19
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by blakdeth19 »

Mannequin man when you say "wet and squishy" are you meaning like an internal flesh texture? if so i would love to see a sample piece. PM me please. great work btw

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

blakdeth19 wrote:Mannequin man when you say "wet and squishy" are you meaning like an internal flesh texture? if so i would love to see a sample piece. PM me please. great work btw

Yep...I know right 8O

I will PM him.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

INFORMATIONS