Starpery.com

Confused by too many doll choices?

Got an idea? Need an invention?
lsdcraze

Confused by too many doll choices?

Post by lsdcraze »

It seems like every time I turn around, another manufacturer comes out with another doll. It's really difficult to compare and narrow down choices as we don't often get to see the specifications of our doll choices side by side. So in my spare time, I wrote a little program to help me keep track of what's available.

Below is the URL for the GUI of said program.

http://sandbox.deviantart.com/?fileheig ... b2kesv.swf

The data is stored in a compact SQLite database. Of course this is only as accurate as the data. I just populated the database after a cursory glance at the manufacturers website. It's still a proof of concept and it may never get beyond this stage. I'm wondering if something like this would help folks in their research during their initial purchase process.

Androol
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Re: Confused by too many doll choices?

Post by Androol »

I'll probably add price range and materials in the choice and samples image of each doll. but the image part is problematic for intellectual property reason maybe?

lsdcraze

Post by lsdcraze »

Androol wrote:I'll probably add price range and materials in the choice and samples image of each doll. but the image part is problematic for intellectual property reason maybe?
I've added material as a selection criteria. Most vendors will give members a discount, so the price you see isn't always what you'll pay. I've added a very short video of the application in action.

Maybe it's just me but I think this will help most folks narrow down their body choices as it appears that all TPE manufacturers use the same head mounting mechanism. I tried calculating the cup size from manufacturer's website but some don't provide an under bust measurement which makes it impossible. I've sent a couple of PMs to a few manufacturers to see if they are willing to provide cup size data and we'll see how that goes. Obviously the data will need a sanity check before the application can be published. I will also publish the source if we all decide that this is a good idea so there's no question on what the application is doing just to set everybody's mind at ease.

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

I think this would definitely save people a lot of time and frustration. The addition of the rib-cage and cup-size option(s) would be most helpful. I've seen a thread (or two) here where people have started taking their own measurements of dolls - that might be a good place to start, as it seems that the mfg's numbers aren't always accurate. Perhaps the final results of the (program's) search could result in links to images/stores? Either way, it's nice to see this being put together. Very useful for anyone who's not familiar. Nice work.

lsdcraze

Post by lsdcraze »

I had a little lull at work due to the upcoming holidays, so I did a hack job and ported the project to a web interface.

http://267d3510.ngrok.io/

It's currently running on my home server over a secure tunnel, so don't expect blazing fast speeds. I've added some data I found from WM and OR's website to test its functionality and the search function appears to work fine. There are some kinks due to the setup on back end MySQL database.

I've also added a sort function to the #, manufacturer, height and weight column which I think will help. If there's interest in the project, perhaps I'll try to fix the issues.

Mcupplease
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mcupplease »

If you look up usdollstudio and go to the bottom of their page and click on and item that I think is called selector it is a fantastic filtering machine for entering body Dimension parameters Etc and it creates side-by-side comparisons which I find very useful
Hi160ZZ (9,470cc) ...HI160BBB(8,450cc) ... JAR153BBB(4,400cc) ... AB110BBB(4.280cc) ... YL150O(4,020cc) ...
OR161K(3,800cc) ... JY140(3,460cc) ...
CP-Breastforms-KK(3,000cc) ... SM175L(2,900cc) ...
SH165R(2,850cc) ... JY150L(2,800cc) ...
SY167L-x2(2,600cc) ... SM150L(2,550cc) ... CLM-Torso(2,300cc) ... Ruby13 XXX BreastPillow(2,000cc)

lsdcraze

Post by lsdcraze »

I tried looking at dollstudio's website but apparently they are experiencing technical difficulties at the moment. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I figured I'd leave a few screen shots of the filtering function.

Here's a filter for dolls ranging from height 150cm to 159cm and weighing less then 65lbs:

Here's the same list sorted by weight by clicking on the weight table header:

Here's the list further filtered to dolls with a D cup:

Obviously the list is far from complete as many manufacturer's website are missing critical information. I will search the forum for information on all the dolls currently available and populate the database but that will take some time.

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

Oh wow, looks like you beat me to the punch regarding this. Progress looks fantastic so far!
TRY MY SEX SOUND APP WITH YOUR DOLL!

http://dullahanprojects.com/plaisonar/

Works with all HTML5-compatible phones. Just press the pink button and shake your phone!

App Discussion: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=45

lsdcraze

Post by lsdcraze »

Thanks for the compliments dullahan. I had some unexpected free time over the weekend, so I threw some more code at it. Now if you hover your mouse over the manufacturer's link, the browser will show a thumbnail of the doll. And if you click on the manufacturer's link, it will take you to the manufacturer's website of that particular doll.

http://267d3510.ngrok.io/

I sense the lack of feedback from forum members indicates that this is not useful a research tool as I thought it would be. I'll leave it as it is for now and start to populate the database when I get the chance.

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

lsdcraze wrote:I sense the lack of feedback from forum members indicates that this is not useful a research tool as I thought it would be. I'll leave it as it is for now and start to populate the database when I get the chance.
It's a cool idea, but like Mcupplease mentioned, you'll be duplicating a huge amount of effort that Dollstudio has already put in to a similar database. I do a lot of database-related programming, and it makes me wince to think about all the redundancy. I believe George at X/S dolls was working on something similar, and if you look in my signature you'll find links to a number of less formal efforts to collect data.

I think what we need most is a way for everyone to collaborate and pool their resources.

lsdcraze

Post by lsdcraze »

I've migrated my project onto a free web hosting site. It's now located at http://dmm.rf.gd/. I've also completed working on the admin function which will allow authenticated users to add and edit the database directly from the website's admin URL at http://dmm.rf.gd/admin/index.php. I'm still tooling with the layout and such but it's fully functional. Below are some of the screen captures of the admin site in action.

Admin login page.

Admin landing page.

Admin add new doll.

Admin edit existing doll.

Admin upload doll thumbnail.

Admin change self password.

@Mcupplease
If you look at my screen captures, or better yet go the my project site, you will see that filtering by any of the criteria instantly shows all available dolls for that body type. You can look at the table and compare all the different dolls instantly. You can also mouse over the link and see a thumbnail of the doll. You can also sort the table by clicking on any of the headers. Sandro's site has a wealth of information but it's not exactly intuitive. I'm just trying to make things easier.

@ZZZZ
It nice to see someone also working in the enterprise IT space. X/S website has been down for the longest time and as far as I know it is still down. As for Sandro's dollbase website, it's a closed database which is maintained by him as far as I know. I did a filter by WM Dolls on dollbase and it showed me 5 dolls. I think WM Dolls have over 30 dolls if I'm not mistaken. My admin function allows users in the community to help populate and maintain the database. While it's nice that we can get some of the data from vendors, I think it would be great to have something of our own that we have full control over. And what better way to do it than putting it on a searchable database. As someone who does a lot of database programming, I'm sure you can appreciate that.

INFORMATIONS