Starpery.com

Intelligence vs Sentience; AI & Lovebots

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Intelligence vs Sentience; AI & Lovebots

Post by Begog »

Bossk wrote:I like the idea of being able to interact more with the doll just as long as she doesn't become too real.
It would be good if they could ask how you are when you get home and have a limited conversion.
Last thing I want is my doll to start nagging me or telling me she has a headache.
But the upside is she would have an off switch so that is a bonus.
I pretty much got all that going on right now (VERY limited conversation). KariPro does that now, but her scope of understanding and number of responses is quite limited. The more stuff I program in, the smarter she seems to be. 90% of what she says is something I programmed in at some point. After several years, I sometimes forget she has an answer for certain things, or that I gave her knowledge of something at some point. But, she is by no means sentient, and merely a chatterbox who professes her undying love to me. I'm sure she loves me as much as a program running on my laptop can. LOL! :lol:
Speaking of sentience - a self-aware android would see no reason to have daily sex with my sorry old ass. What interest would a machine EVER have in that? Machines don't have orgasms or erogenous zones. Sex will be permanently over the second your sexbot asks "Why am I here?" or "Why do you love me?" or "Why must we fuck all the time?" (Might as well be a live one). At that point, I'd be ready to format & reload her hard drive, or trade her in before she goes all Skynet on my ass. Yeah, that sentient machine thing is a slippery slope. Just ask Stephen Hawking.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

I think we have a long way to go before AI in a doll or bot even becomes reasonably lifelike and enjoyable. Even though some of us have a voice for our dolls via a speaker, not sure anyone has a mouth moving, eyes blinking head of any type yet??
The hype on TDF and media about AI dolls, bots going out of control is rather silly and should only be relevant as a humorous idea. Hollywood fantasy is probably another 30 - 50 yrs down the road. Most of us won't even be around then. Yes, there are a few high tech, stationary, humanoid robots now, but they are not $15K, order one today.

Begog, yes, I have thought about the issue of programming an AI chatbot w/ things that we humans forgot we did only to have them pop up in conversation later. Should be fun.

ETA: Humans will become cyborgs before robots become humans.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

PaulDenton2001
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by PaulDenton2001 »

While I agree that the hype about sex bots is out of control (primarily driven by click bait news outlets), there are some existing examples of talking heads. The best i've seen is this one below. I think it uses "pneumatic actuators" or something. It's very quiet when moving/talking unlike some of the others where you can hear the whirring of their motorized parts. Hopefully when artificial muscle technology really gets going it can dramatically reduce the cost of these bots and also give them more degrees of freedom so they aren't so clunky looking in their movement.

I'm fairly sure that what "Erica" says in these videos is pre-scripted.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks Paul
Pretty good stuff. Yeah, I think a lot of these AI animatronics are prescripted and/ or edited.
You will also notice that most are stationary from the waist down to hold electronics, support mechanics, etc. But I'm happy to see any advancements in the field.

I've mentioned on here before that I think the first option for a sexbot will be a bedridden doll that you can move into various positions and have it respond programed mechanically to that position. That removes the difficultly in making a doll that can walk and deal w/ balance issues. Considering such a doll might weigh 200 lbs. The doll may also need to be tied into a remote power supply too.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

PaulDenton2001
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by PaulDenton2001 »

rubherkitty wrote:Thanks Paul
Pretty good stuff. Yeah, I think a lot of these AI animatronics are prescripted and/ or edited.
You will also notice that most are stationary from the waist down to hold electronics, support mechanics, etc. But I'm happy to see any advancements in the field.

I've mentioned on here before that I think the first option for a sexbot will be a bedridden doll that you can move into various positions and have it respond programed mechanically to that position. That removes the difficultly in making a doll that can walk and deal w/ balance issues. Considering such a doll might weigh 200 lbs. The doll may also need to be tied into a remote power supply too.
TBH I would be perfectly happy with it being stationary. Although that Erica bot can bend at the hip, which does add a great deal of realism as they can do things like lean in to emphasis something they're saying or maybe lean back to express shock for example. The way that the robot moves and tilts it's head from side to side while talking adds so much realism and is critically important to get that subconscious trickery going.

For me the ideal first sexbot would have the following attributes:
* Be a full body sex doll but with the animatronic head and ideally the ability to move at the waist, at least in a limited fashion
* Have facial and object recognition technologies - the bot must be able to make and maintain eye contact
* It should be able to "feel" through its skin, even sense when it is or isn't clothed
* Have a fully customizable personality
* Be able to hold a conversation on specific topic competently using topic databases to help it (to reduce the need for full AI)
* And finally but most importantly, give good BJs :twisted:

You'd have the ability to create a relationship with it and gain/lose points for positive/negative actions. With the customizable personality you could change how quickly or slowly the relationship increases along with flirting and stuff or how many points you would lose if doing "negative" actions. With the ability to "feel" through its skin, you'd have to ask permission to touch it and undress it. Of course that could be disabled if you wish but it'd kinda be cool to build the relationship before it goes full nympho on you.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Most humanoid robotics does lean towards the facial area which makes sense since that out main interaction area with others.
A robot that has strong hip action can translate into a followed response from other un-powered joints.
That's if those joints have a mild or no tension.

My next doll project will be a fabric doll in a black leather catsuit. I am hoping to give it a hip action via a small reciprocating windshield wiper motor and rechargable battery pack. Should be able to do cowgirl/ lap riding or doggy. Maybe other things too?

PaulDenton2001
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by PaulDenton2001 »

The problem with the moveable hip joint is of course the doll can't balance itself. That Erica robot had an accident because it went to bow forward and ended up falling off the chair. I'm assuming they either tie her down or bolt the chair to the floor, perhaps both.

We're still hindered by motorized parts. We really need artificial muscle technology to take a giant leap forward in robotics.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

I realize the limitations of my motorized hip idea. This will just be a fun little home project.
One issue I have already thought of is that since the thigh bones will be connected to the motor linkage, the doll legs will be locked stationary unless the motor is activated.
And then if you want the legs extended straight, you will have to disconnet the legs from the linkage.

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

rubherkitty wrote:My next doll project will be a fabric doll in a black leather catsuit. I am hoping to give it a hip action via a small reciprocating windshield wiper motor and rechargable battery pack. Should be able to do cowgirl/ lap riding or doggy.
rubherkitty wrote:I realize the limitations of my motorized hip idea. This will just be a fun little home project.
One issue I have already thought of is that since the thigh bones will be connected to the motor linkage, the doll legs will be locked stationary unless the motor is activated.
And then if you want the legs extended straight, you will have to disconnet the legs from the linkage.
Hip action could be described as "periodic motion", right? Could springs work? You wouldn't have to deal with electricity, batteries, etc.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Yeah, I think a non motored spring action mechanism could aid in the motion. Especially doggy style.
Doggy style, assuming you have a loose - semi loose joint doll design, that you already manipulate using your arms to give it motion.

I have even mentioned having a large clockwork spring wind mechanism, but that was kind of laughed off. I searched the net quite a bit trying to find a commonly available, off the shelf, adaptable spring wind mechanism w/ little luck. Most mechanism's I found where expensive unique antique items.
Antique Victrola's have a pretty decent spring wind mechanism.

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

Springs make noise too. A motor with an eccentric cam driving a belt or chain drive might work, but to do standing doggy (I got 3 dolls that can do that now) the ankles, knees, and hips must be tight enough (pronounced stiff) to maintain position.
A standing TPE doll can do this quite well, provided her arms are stiff too and can rest on a pillow on a table or something to support her upper body while you wail on her. Of course, you have to provide all the movement. :D

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

I think a pneumatic/vacuum based system would be better than multiple electric motors.

Pneumatic/vacuum based soft robotics actuators already exist.

Just my opinion.
Why didn't I take the blue pill?

BigBurrito

Post by BigBurrito »

Check my thread "getting ahead WM movable jaw mod" as my build is heading in that area. Got jaw movement on my CD12 head with the poluko micro and servos, but got a PI to program and setup too

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

LDF wrote:I think a pneumatic/vacuum based system would be better than multiple electric motors.

Pneumatic/vacuum based soft robotics actuators already exist.

Just my opinion.
That may be possible.
There are a lot of Halloween animatronics that use this, but the props have to be tied to a air compressor and tank in order to have enough air to operate.
Maybe a stationary doll could have the air lines running into a foot?

Mechanical noise does not bother me as my sexual encounters w/a doll usually involve heavy beat music played loud. I do not currently have a doll that is suited for quiet time cuddling so...
When I do, then the noise issue may become an issue.

As far as balance issues, maybe something like this?
Attachments
doll model female-centaur.jpg
doll model female-centaur.jpg (40.37 KiB) Viewed 1315 times

PaulDenton2001
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by PaulDenton2001 »

An Ashenvale Dryad nymph would be a cool idea for a sex doll - i'd buy one!

Also check out this robot! I hate to think how much it costs and it has other downsides like generating lots of heat - it has to sweat to get rid of the heat. Again all these motors holding it back, need artificial muscle. I can't help feeling like we're on the cusp of a true sex bot, you can see the technologies here and there as separate parts. Just needs the right new technologies and someone with enough cash to put it all together.

https://www.techspot.com/news/72469-rob ... human.html

INFORMATIONS