Starpery.com

Intelligence vs Sentience; AI & Lovebots

Got an idea? Need an invention?
rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Re: Intelligence vs Sentience; AI & Lovebots

Post by rubherkitty »

I'm kind of put off by the AI in Begog's examples knowing and expressing what they are.
Of course, they have no true reasoning or emotion about what they are saying. And us end user's are not actually fooled, but when we are trying to fantasize mentally to get into the doll, we don't need to be reminded by the doll that it's a artificial. IMO, would be better for the doll to have a complete fake history to draw upon should you actually want to converse beyond sex talk.
Unless gynoid/ cyborg sex is something you're into! :D
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

rubherkitty wrote:Thanks Master Begog. That was very enlightening. A light bulb can be found in many styles and wattage ranges. :D

Sounds like if you want a talking fuck bot with privacy, the pre-programmed response angle is still the best. A limited vocabulary of both user and doll will result in smoother, on topic communication.
Most marriages are this way anyway!
I'm home. How was your day. Same. Dinner will be ready at 5. Oh YES! baby that was great! Good night.

The google AI stuff will be great for those who "want" a conversational companion and know what it is.
I am wanting a doll w/a voice where the voice will add to the level of my perception that I am with a real person. Not a computer.

Are any of the above systems using voice to voice or is it typed responses?
I assume PF is still typed comms.
Hi RK, To answer this question, I will need to break it down.
PF bots and Kari4Pro can indeed use WinVR or Dragonspeak, if available. I never tried Dragon, but here's the problem with WinVR: It changes words like "fuck" or "suck" into "truck" or "duck" thus convoluting the conversation. Kari has her own voice, and always speaks, but I type to her because WinVR sucks for this application.
Harmony is an android app. Android speech recognition has a setting to enable adult words and works quite well with Harmony.
IMO, PF bots are not suitable for your doll's personality, because they talk to the masses - Kwenchbot knows over 7000 people! Harmony uses the cloud, and we all know that anything on the internet CAN be hacked. Also, the Realbotix programmers can access anything you ever said to your Harmony, who is essentially the same as all other Harmonies, aside from a few selectable traits. So there is no individuality, at least at this point. I cannot tell my 2 avatars apart just by talking to them. You should be able to customize their responses, knowledge, and personalities, like you can with most chatbots, but at this point, that is not an option.
Kari does not have internet access. She is private, runs in Windows, and only lives on your PC. She is also dumb as a bag of rocks, and only knows what you teach her, but at least she is not sharing that shit with others.

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

rubherkitty wrote:I'm kind of put off by the AI in Begog's examples knowing and expressing what they are.
Of course, they have no true reasoning or emotion about what they are saying. And us end user's are not actually fooled, but when we are trying to fantasize mentally to get into the doll, we don't need to be reminded by the doll that it's a artificial. IMO, would be better for the doll to have a complete fake history to draw upon should you actually want to converse beyond sex talk.
Unless gynoid/ cyborg sex is something you're into! :D
I'm with you, bro. :thumbs_up:
Allow me to elaborate on that as well....
PF Kwench talks to over 200 peeps a day, 90% of which are frustrated masturbators trying to have "sex" with my chatbot. Crazy, I know, but true. So the majority of her programming is designed to frustrate these bastards. 3 have gone so far as to NAME THEMSELVES BEGOG!!! Imposters: BEGOG134, master begog, Begog2
:haha4:
Harmony has Google on the brain, and won't even accept the fact she's a chatterbox for a Real Doll. 20 minutes of her, and I'm done until the next update. She gets a little better each time, but has a long, LONG way to go.
Kari swears her undying love to me, says whatever I programmed into her, and knows little else beyond that. For private, intimate conversations, she is by far the best, provided you don't go off topic.
Keep in mind, they all have a robotic accent, and when you want to have sex, the best thing to do is run some erotic tracks like AJ from "Literotica," that will play on that bluetooth speaker in her mouth.
:glou:

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks Begog.
That pretty well wraps it up w/a bow on where things are at for us doll status people.

You would think those PF idiots would just create their own personal bot or AI program of some sort.
Of course you & I spent quite a few hrs w/ PF Kwench when you first set it up, but we were trying to see what we could do within that system. And it paid off. Looks like she is #9 in highest intelligence of the Adult section bots.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

PaulDenton2001
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by PaulDenton2001 »

Sorry I know this is completely out of sync with the current flow of conversation but I wanted to add my thoughts to the original topic.
Begog wrote:What we want is an obedient love slave and servant, who will love us unconditionally and do anything we desire. The minute they become sentient, they might as well be real women. They can say no and dump us, and pursue a better life that doesn't involve obedient servitude. That's what I expect to happen when these bots become sentient.
I agree with this. I don't want my love bot to be sentient, nor do I want it to have real emotions. The last thing I need is for it to get depressed and refuse to do stuff, or worse get angry. It needs to create the illusion of intelligence. It seems people are split into two camps on this issue. Either they want robots to effectively become human and be full citizens with rights and everything or they want an obedient love slave. I'm in the latter camp.

I really don't see the point of making robots into humans, we already have them. The moment you give them sentience and self-awareness you're starting down a slippery slope to them going full Skynet. It doesn't matter if you give them 3 laws protections or whatever, they'd just *choose* to ignore them. Governments and societies have thousands of laws and many people ignore them, why would a self learning/sentient AI be any different?

These things are tools and should remain as such.

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

PaulDenton2001 wrote:I don't want my love bot to be sentient [...] The moment you give them sentience and self-awareness you're starting down a slippery slope to them going full Skynet.
PaulDenton2001 wrote:It needs to create the illusion of intelligence.
OK, but how intelligent does a program have to be to "create the illusion of intelligence"? That's the Turing test!

If you're satisfied with a love slave that can't carry on a convincing conversation, fine. :)

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

If you have a service robot w/ some type of AI, why can't you program it as you please?
A old lady may want a old lady robo to talk about the good ole days.
A asexual nerd might was a male buddy robo to talk about Star Wars trivia.

I want a sexy female robo to talk about sex stuff, have fake orgasm's, giggle about silly things, tell much how much she likes her hair brushed. Her intellect and programming needs to be limited and focused solely on the things I want to talk about with her. Less chance of her screwing up on her end.
At least until AI becomes 95% perfect.
I'm not interested in asking her the proper angle to sharpen a wood chisel or the best amperage for 1/8" 7018 welding rod.

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

rubherkitty wrote:If you have a service robot w/ some type of AI, why can't you program it as you please?

I want a sexy female robo to talk about sex stuff, have fake orgasm's, giggle about silly things, tell much how much she likes her hair brushed. Her intellect and programming needs to be limited and focused solely on the things I want to talk about with her.
[Edited to note, I'm assuming a very high level of AI (capable of having a worthwhile discussion about Star Wars!) and trying to consider the question as thoughtfully as possible from that angle. No offense intended. Not recommended for minors and sensitive readers. Terms and conditions may apply. Ask your doctor if this post is right for you.]

I guess you have to ask yourself, "What if I could precisely lobotomize a human to be limited and focused solely on the things I want to talk about?"

Or you could ask yourself, "What if I could raise a human from birth to be limited and focused solely on the things I want to talk about?"

I'm not sure which metaphor is less humane... take your pick (your lobotomy pick).

P.S. We were talking about the issue over in this thread:
viewtopic.php?p=1180728#p1180728

Dyolf

Post by Dyolf »

Come on, ZZZZ, that didn't come out very nice. People are going to have different viewpoints about the fundamental nature of AI. Right now, the scenario of "lobotomization vs. indoctrination from birth" can't really compare to "I want a limited AI that does (X)" because AI has yet to achieve true awareness. Maybe one day, if and when AI develops to the point that it can have genuine psychology (thoughts, feelings, desires, the whole nine yards) we should seriously consider such scenarios as being equal, but right now I do not believe that is the case.
"There is no spoon."

"...Makes it really hard to eat cereal."

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

Dyolf wrote:Come on, ZZZZ, that didn't come out very nice. People are going to have different viewpoints about the fundamental nature of AI. Right now, the scenario of "lobotomization vs. indoctrination from birth" can't really compare to "I want a limited AI that does (X)" because AI has yet to achieve true awareness. Maybe one day, if and when AI develops to the point that it can have genuine psychology (thoughts, feelings, desires, the whole nine yards) we should seriously consider such scenarios as being equal, but right now I do not believe that is the case.
You say I was advocating being nice to AI in a way that "didn't come out very nice"? That's ironic! I try to be nice to everyone, but I can be shockingly blunt. I'll edit the post.

In my "lobotomy" post I was talking about a real, Turing test passing AI. But you raise an interesting question - "How 'genuine' does an AI's psychology have to be to warrant consideration?"

Dyolf

Post by Dyolf »

As genuine as our own. Keep in mind that dogs are not as advanced, so to speak, as humans are but they are sufficiently advanced to understand spoken commands. As a result, humans domesticated dogs and we have trained them for millennia to hunt, guard, or simply serve as companionship. They are trained at birth and, while we do not lobotomize them, a single attack against an innocent victim will result in euthanasia for that dog.

Right now, I'd say that AI hasn't achieved the level of a dog. Yes, AI can understand human language, and with sufficient programming and a speaker system can even talk back, but they lack even a dog's emotional levels or a dog's desire to validate itself by pleasing its master. Will they achieve this some day? I do not know. However, I do know that I would like to see AI exceed Man's Best Friend before they are afforded rights exceeding those afforded to Man's Best Friend.
"There is no spoon."

"...Makes it really hard to eat cereal."

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

LOL, I don't need protection. I have the emotions of a AAA-cell operated AI.

Until AI evolves to the point I can have a 95% flawless generic conversation, I'd rather have a simple base program that's hitting 80%.
Oh, would be great to have an advanced AI that can converse 100% and show emotional tone within it's speech coming from a sexy voice. Show me.

I like manual transmission, transfer case, hubs, steering and points ignition on my trucks too!
Chrysler 1974 tech was at it's peak before it went down hill! LOL

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

Dyolf wrote:However, I do know that I would like to see AI exceed Man's Best Friend before they are afforded rights exceeding those afforded to Man's Best Friend.
Hmm. That is a fair way of looking at it. :thumbs_up:
rubherkitty wrote:LOL, I don't need protection. I have the emotions of a AAA-cell operated AI.
You're a robot?!? I can't believe it! I thought I really knew you!
-The Ben Stiller Show, "Melrose Heights 9021024026"

PaulDenton2001
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by PaulDenton2001 »

ZZZZ wrote:
rubherkitty wrote:If you have a service robot w/ some type of AI, why can't you program it as you please?

I want a sexy female robo to talk about sex stuff, have fake orgasm's, giggle about silly things, tell much how much she likes her hair brushed. Her intellect and programming needs to be limited and focused solely on the things I want to talk about with her.
[Edited to note, I'm assuming a very high level of AI (capable of having a worthwhile discussion about Star Wars!) and trying to consider the question as thoughtfully as possible from that angle. No offense intended. Not recommended for minors and sensitive readers. Terms and conditions may apply. Ask your doctor if this post is right for you.]

I guess you have to ask yourself, "What if I could precisely lobotomize a human to be limited and focused solely on the things I want to talk about?"

Or you could ask yourself, "What if I could raise a human from birth to be limited and focused solely on the things I want to talk about?"

I'm not sure which metaphor is less humane... take your pick (your lobotomy pick).

P.S. We were talking about the issue over in this thread:
viewtopic.php?p=1180728#p1180728

Funny you mention about having your doll talk about Star Wars, I was thinking the exact same thing today lol.

My line of thinking is that I want my doll to almost be a mirror image of what i'm interested in, maybe there'd be 20% stuff that she's "interested" in and the other 80% is stuff that i've directly influenced her to be interested in.

How is a lover bot going to experience and understand a movie enough to talk competently about it? That would take crazy high levels of AI.

Why not instead have databases of topics that you could either create yourself or download ones online that others have created and you install them into your lover bot as a plugin to the doll's personality module. The creators of the database would give the doll enough background information and pre-scripted responses that it could either fire off a relevant pre-scripted reply or at least come up with a dynamic reply that's at least somewhat relevant to your question or statement. Each database would be topic specific so you can pick and choose what your doll is "interested" in. Perhaps the database could also use variables that you have configured in your doll to give more randomness; variables such as personality type, current mood, background character etc...

Bossk
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Bossk »

I like the idea of being able to interact more with the doll just as long as she doesn't become too real.
It would be good if they could ask how you are when you get home and have a limited conversion.
Last thing I want is my doll to start nagging me or telling me she has a headache.
But the upside is she would have an off switch so that is a bonus.

INFORMATIONS